Dream Job

gOOters

I like my job. No complaints here, its stable. The pay is allright, and I like my coworkers/bosses.

BUT, in a perfect world (see: A world that gOot has created) I would be a race car driver. That would be the coolest job ever, imho. For those of you who are lucky enough to be working your dream job, good for you! For those who aren't, what would you be doing in a world of YOUR creation. Female Body Inspectors (FBI) doesn't count! :rolleyes::D

Before I was in a viscious car wreck I thought for sure I'd be a snake eater. SF. Mebbe Delta if I could've hacked it. I have wanted to jump out of an airplane with NV, an AR a few of my closest friends for years. I know I would have hacked Ranger school and believe I'd have made it through SF barring injury. The challenge of Selection is a test I have wanted for myself since I was young. It will long be one of my regrets that I did not serve and never wore a beret.

Being a Professor rocks. 3 days a week, 9 months a year. Respect. Great benefits. Decent pay. Stability. Respect. And very rewarding on a personal level. I will get my PhD and do it on a higher payscale in the future. But I'm looking forward to going back into the real world for a few more high paying years.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

One of those people who get to test and rate new hardware like at Anandtech.com and tomshardware.com

that to me would be my dream job.

Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guests

host of the man show

I would be rocking out with a few of my best friends, knowing everyone in the crowd is having the best time possible to the beat of my drums. I mean, you all know the drummer gets the least respect when it comes to albums and stuff like that... But when it comes to the hot chicks- They are on the drummer faster than a wolf on a flock of quadroplegic sheep! :D:D:D

Either that or I would kill to be one of those guys that drives the poop outta cars to test em. Like topping em out, checking acceleration, basically beating them till they won't run anymore. That would rule. All I can say is testing for saleen.

I would also settle for personal trainer. :unsure::D:D:o

OK, if my other job is unacceptable, then I would have to say proofreader. Getting paid to read all day and then getting to hammer famous authors for being stupid, that would be it. Either that or actually getting to be an author, that would be cool too.

Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guests

I guess I'm doing my dream job - I'm the pastor of a church - hard as heck with low pay, but the hours are good for having multiple hobbies and you do get a lot of respect for doing the work. Best part is not worrying where the money will come from cuz God takes care of His own!

I think it would be cool to be a pilot. Sweet if it was a fighter pilot but seeing as how I never served and have horrendous vision, even flying a puddle jumper would be fine by me. I do plan to get my pilot's license some day though.

(edited)

My dream job = sit on my @$$ and do nothing. Play games, watch movies, play some

tennis and golf. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking of the happiness I would feel :(

:ph34r:

Edited by linch

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

either a professional CS player........or would LOVE to be race car driver in European Touring cars, not like the 24 hour races but the races with Audi's, Vettes, Porshes where a little bumping never hurt nobody.

when it comes down to it any unorthodox job would be cool. And being a Pastor would be a pretty sweet one except for the fact that I lock up in front of ppl.

I guess I'd go top three here:

1) F1 driver

2) Musician: Leaning towards a Bob Dylan folk sound but livin the life style of Jimmy Buffett. a concert pianist would be a cool gig too.

3) College Professor with Tenure at oh... lets say the University of the Virgin Islands.... ...or any big ten school... welll anywhere I get the summers off.

Thanks to Desert Combat... Helicopter pilot is quickly climbing into the top 10.

I should also say that I luv my job now... sure it fall into the daily rat race regime of things, but its not bad by any means. The pay is good, I luv the people i work with, and its fun. People tell me I'm crazy for wanting to work with Hazardous Materials/ Radioactive Stuff, but I think its exciting! Keeps ya on your toes. ....that and you glow... whcih is a pretty cool bar trick :P

Don't get me wrong, I love my job and it will be good for me for a few more years, however...

My dream job, that I will succeed in doing someday, is a CEO of my own tech firm. An entrepenuer in charge of a small-medium sized company that works on my own ideas. That is what I want to and will do someday.

White, that is exactly what I want to do! EXACTLY!

I am going to college next year, and I am not sure what to major in. Probably Management computer systems, with a few minors in website design and admin, and computer networking program certifaction such as Novell etc...

That is my dream job...be my own boss...

Gunny

The take my advice gunny.

You need an engineering degree FIRST. Screw the undergrad management degrees, they are useless unless you go to harvard or something. Certifications only add to your degree, they do not supplement one. And don't get a BA. BS is what you require.

Then you need 3-5 years at work before your masters degree, minimum.

Then you need an MBA.

You throw in a bit of skill, a lot of charisma, and more than a little luck and you have it!

(Sorry to lecture. I simply want to inform since you have many important decisions ahead of you)

Edited by White Knight