Teen Pregnancy..

Heartless

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

No, every period is not an abortion. Abortion doesn't prevent the "chance for a new life" as you put it. Abortion terminates a pregnancy, i.e., it ends the life of a growing fetus.

Contraception is pro-active. Abortion is retro-active.

Also, I don't think this is something that shouldn't be taken so lightly and posting in such a flippant manner is both crass and immature.

Edited by dwEEziL

we have enough people in the world today, we dont need any more underfed,poor,homeless, and neglected children do we? if children are the future the less of them the better.

good call dweez, post like that anger me when they are pointless and very wrong.

my boyfriend and I sat down today and made a budget plan, after initial expenses and what not the first year of this childs life is going to cost us $400 a month, which means I can finish school and he can have a 50 hour week and I can hold a part time job for some of my own cash for stuff. We figured out who's gonna take the kid when and everything. And from what I can see this kid is going to live a pretty good life and be surrounded by love, a lot more love then I ever got.

Ok... I missed reading this topic for awhile... Heartless, you are pregnant, right? Did this happen from neglecting to use protection? Or failed protection? (broken condom) Not too get too personal, and I am not criticizing you at all. I am just curious as to how this happened. (I know HOW it happened... <_< )

It sounds like your boyfriend is going to be there for you which is a good thing. If he would have said he wasn't having anything to do with it, we all would have come up to straighten that boy out. :unsure: But, anyways, If you ever need anything... and I mean ANYTHING... moral support, guidance, just someone to talk to... my AIM name is addidas777, or I have been frequenting the boards lately. And I am sure anyone else would tell you the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Without reading any of the replies, I'm gonna say that the breakdown of the family structure is WHAT I FEEL is one of the major factors in what is wrong with our society. If the teenagers are supporting themselves and happy with each other, then it might not be so bad. Kids need a mother And a father. Parents that actually care about their kids. So it's not about age persay, it's about ability. Kids typically arent able to Really support themselves And a family. And when I say kids, it's those no matter how old that arent mature and dont have their priorities straight..

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

Four Hundred a month is more than enough. Depending on where you live, heartless (that name doesnt suit you from what I am reading here}, you can get state aid, *Wick* which is another program that will help with milk and formula. I am normally against welfare but in times like this, I am glad it is there. Heartless I have had many friends that had babies at young ages and none of them regrett having it. Each one of these kids are bright and just addorable. It is a good thing that the father will have be in yours and the childs life, this is very important.

If you ever need advice Heartless when it comes to your child, I can put my wife in touch with you. She was 18 when we had our baby. Not as young as you I imagne, but still young. Lots of trials and errors. With family support, you should get by just fine, and I am sure your parents will just love having a grandchild. I know both my family and wifes did.

I am rambling... good decision you are making here. It shows that you are very smart and would rather take responsibily for your actions than take the weak way out by abortion which would most likely scar you for life.

Keep us posted on your progress. And I apoligize again for this terrible old notebook. It took me 10 mins to type it out.

My wife and I send our best wishes to you and your bf (hopefully future husband if it is meant to be)

Editted: Home and fixed to add the letter "P" in place of the "*". The laptop is hosed.

Edited by zerodamage

thank you very much zero, its nice to hear from someone that they think im doing the right thing for a change. I know welfare is out there and avaliable but I'm not going to take it. I live in a rich town in a rich state, which blows but I made that budget plan thinking we were going to buy everything new.

and i made a boo-boo... when i said 400 a month, i meant $400 a week. We are putting over $100 a week in savings, this kid will have everythign it needs. B)

(edited)

400 bucks a week is ALOT of $$$, and will be alot harder to save it than it sounds. I have to pay 350 bucks a month for everything and I have a hard time doin that. Dont do anything unfair to yourself or the kid....Not to saying whats right and wrong, or what to do, but I'm a broke college kid and if I had 400 week, I'd be big pimpin.... :P(It may be just me, but I'd rather be a broke college kid doing nothing instead of working 50 hours a week in some job I didnt like and not even get to spend any money on myself).

Edited by NOFX

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
weak way out by abortion which would most likely scar you for life.

liez

Take it to the political forum.

....I have had many friends that had babies at young ages and none of them regrett having it.  Each one of these kids are bright and just addorable....

Um, where do you live? I think you could use a dose of inner city reality.

It's ironic that the same ppl who consider the sanctity of saving a 2 cell organism are all for shooting down animals for sport. If you truly believe in the santity of life, then I suggest you practice buddhism.

Edited by DJ Premier

Heartless, do what you feel is right for you. Don't let these bozos in here tell you what is the best thing for you to do cuz in the end, you are the one who will be living it, not them. Whichever way you choose and whichever way you raise this child, I wish you the best of luck.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

DJ, could you stick to things that you have a clue about instead of trying to belittle me. There is a difference between Wild animals and Human beings.

And shooting animals for sport as you call it, it is called control around here. We have Moose and Deer that grow quite large and we do not like seeing Humans getting killed because they hit a Bull Moose that equates to hitting a Brick wall while driving. If you want to insult me then take it to your forums. Heartless asked for opinions and I gave mine, which I base on real life experiences. I am sick of your attitude towards me. You can do it all you want at www.dohguild.com.

Have a nice day.

Edited by zerodamage

Correction, I said killing animals for sport. So are you saying ppl don't kill animals for sport? Maybe in your version of reality.

Believe it or not, your meager collection of real life experiences do not add up to the final word on reality.

DJ, a lot of the "hunting" allowed in this country (not speaking about the poaching that goes on) is "sport hunting" to the participant but the true purpose is for animal population control. It doesn't take long for the deer population (for example) to get out of control and where it might not be evident immediately in the city, it won't take a long time to be noticed.

Although I can believe that there is truth to what you say, I was trying to make a point about hypocrisy in the case of abortion and the radical view of the sanctity of life upon conception. The argument of "pro-life" by rifle toting hunters and warmongers is asinine. But I'm going off-topic i guess. I'll move along. :)

(edited)
It's ironic that the same ppl who consider the sanctity of saving a 2 cell organism are all for shooting down animals for sport.  If you truly believe in the santity of life, then I suggest you practice buddhism.

ahem, i am a buddist. and i believe that killing animals for other reasons other than to eat is wrong. I also believe everysingle part of the animal should be used wasting it is just.. mean. And i don't believe in abortion cause thats... mean. :P

"been around the world and found

that only stupid people are breeding

the cretins cloning and feeding

and i don't even own a tv"

~Harvey Danger

(a little quote to possibly lighten up things a bit :))

Edited by Heartless