Do Regulars deserve a verbal warning?

Fatty

Do Regulars deserve a verbal warning?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing is we actually debated this topic without it turning into a big fire-pit.

that's because some don't flame for the sake of flaming, although it seems to be a common trait among some of us sometimes.

<sprays fatty with a fire hose and sends him off to detention>

I DIDNT FLAME AT ALL!!! And if you want to say I did flame, than you got your knickers in a bunch and your clan stinks and you dont know the difference between a crocodile and an alligator!!!! :angry:

The snout right? ;)

I DIDNT FLAME AT ALL!!! And if you want to say I did flame, than you got your knickers in a bunch and your clan stinks and you dont know the difference between a crocodile and an alligator!!!! :angry:

uh oh...what exactly IS the difference again? :unsure:

GC Founder

Welp, at least half of the voters say No Warning.

I'm curious, though. 12 people voted that they don't like these choices but I haven't seen a suggestion for a different course of action. I am genuinely curious as to what those 12 people think we should do with regulars that break rules.

that should be one of the perks of being a regular...you are allowed a little lee-way on certain rules. but then again, if continous breaking of such rules warrent the appropiate actions...all kind a matter of opinion and who is adminning.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Welp, at least half of the voters say No Warning.

I'm curious, though.  12 people voted that they don't like these choices but I haven't seen a suggestion for a different course of action.  I am genuinely curious as to what those 12 people think we should do with regulars that break rules.

But I did give you another option. That plugin idea was mine.

I have to admit, my adminning is never really "by the book". Personal feelings get involved sometimes.

That said, if a reg is breaking the rules and its a habit, I kick. But if its a rare occurance I usually just warn. So like I said, My own "view" of the offense alters the expediency of the judgement.

Fatty Posted on Jun 30 2003, 12:43 AM

(gOOters @ Jun 29 2003, 11:10 PM)

How about...

Do regulars deserve an occasional warning?

1. Yes

2. No 

Define occasional.

Hmmm...something reasonable. I know that I have gotten my fair share of friendly reminders, cuz I am a hothead sometimes. I always shaped up fast when I got one. Also, I probably never got more than one a week or so.

Furthermore, there has been one time that I just got a big ol' boot (Rev), but I said a bad word, and I took it like a man...I deserved it.

I have been slapped/buried/whatever, and if I deserved it I just laugh and beg forgiveness.

But I have also been booted at least twice for reasons I didn't even know. Mag explained one and it made sense, no issue there.

The other?? I dunno. I was under alias, but I kinda like the idea of giving EVERYONE a warning say...1 or 2 times a week? Howz that number sound?

I have to admit, my adminning is never really "by the book". Personal feelings get involved sometimes.

That said, if a reg is breaking the rules and its a habit, I kick. But if its a rare occurance I usually just warn. So like I said, My own "view" of the offense alters the expediency of the judgement.

I agree. I'm not much into hard and fast rules especially when regarding playing with friends.

I also gave you an alternative (I am one that didn't like the options). Basically, if it is a matter of attitude/language, give a warning (unknowns should get 2 warnings, regs should get one cuz knowing the rules count as their first). If s/he doesn't comply, kick and maybe a 120 minute temp ban.

If it is a matter of ff/tk, then the admin can usually tell from the persons actions/responses whether it was intentional or accidental. Here, give a warning unless it is clear the person intended it then temp ban or perm ban depending on the severity.

Also, player's history should come into play. If the offense is on the player is a habitual offender of and has been called on before, no warning, just temp ban.

(edited)

Quote by White Knight

If I get tinkled and think in my mind "SUUUMM B*%$^$%" and then I hit the mic key w/out thinking

rofl. you say that when you die? lol i do too!

Edited by CampKillYourself

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests
For example:

newbie trying to hack our rcon: perm IP ban

regular trying to hack our rcon: perm IP ban

I'll have to try that sometime :D:ph34r:

Well I've personally never been banned. I cant believe people dont ban me for my mad hacks.

What I do when I'm admin.

noobs are banned if they aren't learning fast enough (I like good gameplay, learn the game somewhere else)

New comers are given warnings for minor offences ie swearing (although I dont mind swearing, but sometimes its bad), Friendly fire, Camping, etc

New comers are banned for major offenses ie TK

Regs are given verbal warnings for all offenses I can think of, but if they do it again they are kicked, again in the same day banned.

Basically I think you should post up rules, seperate into minor and major rules, after a warning for a minor infractions, all rules becomes major rules.

get my drift?

Who would have thought the game of Counter-Strike could spark a discussion on the human psyche? Boo to all those people who say video games are the devil, many debates arise that rival those done in a professional debate.

Just want to say that I am impressed with the thought that goes into making this community stronger and more respectful towards those who matter, the members of the community.