It's been exactly a week....

Fatty

Good its a dual then. Fat has a 10 day advantage over you...so it looks like you will both just have to kick it alltogether, if you do, I will declare not a tie...but TWO winners, I wonder if Fatty is up to the challenge?! ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Nah, I'm trying to gain weight anyways. So eating more is good :D

Just gotta stay in my weight class is all.

And I'm still clean. Taking it one meal at a time, same way I got through bootcamp.

Edited by lance

Also, I have noticed that there is now wintergreen tobacco, but it has no tobacco or nicotine in it at all, and is actually healthy for you. I'm not sure where you could get it there, but up here they have them in Meijer stores.

Ok guys - Here is the website for you:

www.smokeysnuff.com

I dipped for 13 years. I quit 2 years ago this January. Actually, I quit many times over the 13 years haha. Quitting is easy, it is the "not starting up again" that is the hard part.

The craving has still not gone away. I quit cold turkey but then started to get the cravings bad after 2-3 weeks so I shifted to the product listed above. It has no nicotine at all and is almost like skoal long cut. It satisfied the craving to be dipping and that is what I needed. I started off at a "can" every 2 days and quickly was able to move to a "can" a week then one a month. I still have one now and then when the urge gets particularly bad.

The best part is the price, 2.97 per can with a 50cent coupon on each can. So you can get two cans of this for the price of one can of regular stuff.

The best part is the price, 2.97 per can with a 50cent coupon on each can. So you can get two cans of this for the price of one can of regular stuff.

o0o

Where do you live? I can get a can of Cope for 2.85 back in eastern side of Kentucky :D

GC Founder

13 days.....I'd have to say I'm in the middle of the worst right now.

Whatever research that says the physical withdrawel is gone after just several days...bah. I've had nicotine of some sort going through my veins for 16 years on a daily basis.....every time I've quit for an extended period of time, this 1-3 week era is the hardest.

:twitch:

They sell the smokey mountain stuff at Giant Eagle near me....it's so stainy....ick....enough to make me spit...but honestly, after dipping cope for so long, the difference just aggrivates me more than it's worth I think.

The physical part was easy for me to kick. The mental part of just "having a dip" was the worst. The first few times I tried mini-jaw breakers. Then I tried Mint snuff, then cold turkey. The final time worked best with this smokeysnuff. It is some greasy stuff though, but it helped me through the mental part.

This weekend I got halfway drunk and had a dip of Skoal....after so long without any the buzz was HUGE. Did not even want another one though, one was enough to remind me why I quit.

• 2 weeks later...

im slowly walking away from nicotine. Ive been on it for a bit more than a year. I know its not a long time comparatively, but the addiction is still there. Ive had, what I call my last pack of Camel Turkish Gold cigs for 6 days now and have 3 cigs left. Easier to quit at my parents house than my own because they hate it and I get a guilt trip every time I go out for one. But the cravings are becoming less and I'm doing much better than before. Im encouraged by you guys quitting. Kinda seems like the ball is in my court now, to quit or not to quit. That is the mission.

Good luck Fat and lance.

i find when I try to quit that gum or tictacs work for the oralfixation, and any hard candy works for the chewing victims. I love my skoal and camel. Too bad it hurts the people you love and eventually yourself.....

jane

Day 20 for me. I've gained 11 lbs since I stopped, and my time on my three mile run has dropped 40+ seconds. I feel pretty good, but sometimes it's hard to sleep, so I chew a piece of winterfresh gum or something, then eat a bunch.

Curse Tobacco, curse nicotine!!!!!!!

I am constantly trying to quit smoking, of course it doesn't help when you substitute dipping in place of it. And then go back to smoking to quit dipping. I have attempted quitting numerous times, but it gets tough when work calls and there's people out of power everywhere and you gotta pull 16-20 hours of work in the worst weather. You get tired, sore, and drowzy, and that's when ya miss dip the most. And that's when I normally cave. Like Lance said, a good alternative to dipping is sucking on sunflower seeds. I have tried that mint non-tobacco dip and it just plain 'ol sucks, it's too sticky and is way too dry.

Good job on the work so far guys, keep it up. You guys should have her about licked right about now, I've always seen and heard that 21 days is what it takes to break a habit.

Keep up the good fight!

What doesn't help is that ALL my buddies dip. Just about everyone of them here back at home love to dip. It's hard when I go out with them, but I'm makin it. And yes, sunflower seeds rock in the face of a craving :D

I wanted to stop smokin cigs, I have quit, but when I drink i will smoke a few. I smoked for like 2 yrs maybe. One morning i woke up , lit up a cig and puked because of it. I decided I was gonna quit smokin for myself and everytime I wanted a cig I would just remeber myself puking. I can't stand cigs now. Second hand smoke even makes me sick.

Edited by NOFX

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I go back to school in a few days. I live with a huge group of smokers and a few dippers. Most of the NTAC boys, dunno if y'all remember them or not, smoke and I live with all of them. This is gonna be the big test on whether or not I'll stay quitted or not. Wish me luck.

GC Founder

No luck involved.

41 days down here (I think...I know Monday = multiple of 7).

Now it's time to lose some pounds. Mini and I have begun our 3rd competition in % lost in 6 weeks (we tied first, he won second).