What do ya do ?

All Kill3r

Dunno if a thread like this has been done or not but just curious of everyone occupation whether it be student or lawyer.

I was going to college and ran into some bad luck and had to withdrawal with 3 semesters left. Hopefully i will be able to finish my education up at some point. Currently I work for my family business which is interior/exterior painting and roofing. Guess whos gonna have a tan all year now !

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a freshman in highschool and part of the Marching and Jazz bands. I have a part time job at a Hy-Vee... 5.85$ an hour lol. I obviously play cs... DoD... hopefully CoD pretty soon. I play alotta sports... well that seems about it... yay!

Uh yeah, im a poor freshman at college going for MCS (management computer systems) at University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. Side note, UWW is the best in MCS :P running for like 5 years or so. I work at pizza hut here and at my hometown. Just reciently I was asked to be a shift manager at this one. Then ill get payed more then the lousy $6.75 woot. As for sports I am in a league in the midwest called the MCC. :ph34r:

Hobbies:

downloading illegal stuff

downloading movies

downloading more illegal stuff

walking to class in 30 below weather

uh...I'm a Software Developer...

but in reality I'm just some lazy kid who gets paid crap to do what he likes doing...yet doesn't like doing it at work....

it's weird...if I'm not programming as a job...I program at home and have fun...but as soon as I program as a job...I get burnt out and never program at home.

I won't be going for my MBA because I don't even have a BSD, only an ASD with no MCSD, MCP, MCSA or MCSE certs.

:P

I am also NOT a doctor...despite popular opinion

Software engineer, NOT starting my MBA.

What do you code in White?  Java/Websphere here...used to be Domino.

Grin.

Though I'm only "supposedly in the professional world" (thanks Soul, ;) ), I specialized in J2EE and XML technologies until about 10 months ago, then I switched projects. Now I currently develop in Oracle Aps, J2SE, and Perl. The advantage that I have on this project (to make up for the lack of coolness factor) is that I am a team lead, and perform a great deal of planning, process development, system design, and requirements analysis...aka I get to play in both the fun coder world AND the upwordly mobile Management world.

Gond, who do ya work for man?

I have a Civil Engineering Degree. I currently work D&D(Decontamination and Demolish) at Rocky Flats here in Denver. Rocky Flats used to make weapons grade plutonium and parts for A-bombs. They closed the site in the late 80s and now my company (Shaw Environmenal and Infrastructure) along with several other companies are in the process of "cleaning" up this site. This basically means I get to deal with radiation and contamination most of the day. On any given day I could be wearing one of these:

maintychemtk.gif

while out using one of these:

geoprobe1.jpg

geoprobe2.jpg

This machine is a drill rig used to take soil samples. Basically, I drive this thing(its cool, its even got a remote control) to predetermined places and take soil samples. The samples are to test how much radioactive material has leeched into the ground over the years, which will help us to figure out where the contaminated soil on site is and how much soil will have to be replaced with "clean" soil. This will help DOE reach their goal of turning this site into a wildlife refuge eventually.

Jr in college, served around 2 years as active duty Marine Corps. Was infantryman. Carried a m240G crew served machine gun. Had went to many schools in the military: Scout Swimmer school, Scout Spotter school, Green Belt Instructor Course, Blue Belt Instructor Course, Heavy Weaponsmaster Course, Corporal's Course, and School of Infantry-Camp Geiger, NC. I injured myself and was placed into the reserves to heal, but unfortunately this is my last enlistment and I cannot return to active duty.

Now a friend of mine and I contract construction. He handles everything when I'm at school, but when I get breaks I head back to live with my folks in the summer and we work all summer long. The fruits of my labor is my child:

user posted image

The things on the sides of the pic are my legs...looks just like it fell out, eh? :D

i <3 Angelina Jolie, you live freakisly close...

i worked at one of those booth thingy's in the mall for 7 dollars and hour for my neighbor during xmas season, not bad eh? doing nothing!. I also worked at the movie theater for next to nothing, but saw every movie first and free...so i guess it made up for it, cheap dates to say the least. Currently just trying to get though my jr year in high school. I get nothing but college info in the mail...not sure what i want to do as of yet. But civil engineer / architecture seemed interesting, except for that math thing.

Lance, you uploaded it to the wrong spot...that directory has no view permissions. Here is the proper path and picture. I also resized it.

http://drevil.cc.vt.edu/test/ftp/Picture%20029.jpg

Picture%20029.jpg

BTW, I am a Systems Administrator at Virginia Tech University. I play with computers (servers, domains, AD forests) all day long.

Edited by dwEEziL