Shootout in Lexington, KY

PuppySurprise

There was a big shootout right off the interstate on the Fayette County, Madison County line (i live in Madison county). 40 armed officers with assault rifles, 3 armored police carriers, fire trucks galore, 2 helicopters on the interstate. The interstate has been shut down. One woman shot in the head, and the cops were in a shootout with the shooter. Awaiting police conference right now. Will let you know what happens. This is pretty exciting.

holy crap, they just showed a cop pulling up to the residence and the shooter shot the car's window out!

2 EMS workers down; 1 woman shot in the head

suspect & Lexington police are in negotiations right now, about 50 police officers surrounding the house

Edited by PuppySurprise

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

Bring in the nation guard and I bet he either gives up or falls down with a bullet in the head. Cops don't need to handle matters like these. Let the trained killers kill wanna be killers. :nono:

I've always thought as an American society we should go back to the ol "eye for an eye" system. Murder doesn't seem as appealing when you know for a fact when you get caught you'll die if proven guilty.

give the family a gun, make the victims family pay for the bullet, and put two in his head. Capital punishment is a must...im sorry, but i dont want some guy rotting in jail, its not the Alcatraz is should be nowadays.

I'm not defending this guy or anything, but who are you guys to decide if he lives or dies? Who is anyone to decide that? I agree what happened was horrible, but did you read the artical? The guy was bonkers. He shot his wife because he claimed that there was a radio sticking in her head. I think he needs help more than he needs to ride the lightning. He thought there was this weird conspiracy with clones. Seriously people. Killing someone because they decided to kill someone is just stooping to their level. Throwing them in prison is just keeping them somewhere away from everyone else so they can die there, and THEN be judged for thier actions. According to you christians, theres only one entity that has the capacity to judge people. Eye for an eye, Lance? How about he who is without sin cast the first stone? Personaly I would rather pay for people like this to be locked up than, a), have them still on the streets where my family walks, and b ), have their blood on my hands should they be condemned to die. I'm better than a killer and so are you. But thats just my opinion.

Edited by Mustard's CoffeeMaker

Eye for an eye, Lance? How about he who is without sin cast the first stone? Personaly I would rather pay for people like this to be locked up than, a), have them still on the streets where my family walks, and b ), have their blood on my hands should they be condemned to die. I'm better than a killer and so are you. But thats just my opinion.

I'll put two in his chest, one in his head if the government will pay me and give me job security and benefits. Once a person can devalue another person's life to the point that they think they have the right to end that life, the murderous person is no more than an animal in my mind. Ending that person then and there on the spot will show the other animals in human guise that "this is what will happen if you kill anyone and try to claim little pink elephants that only you can see told you to. we don't care if the voices in your head tell you to kill people, tell the voices to screw off because it's your donkey on the line, not their's"

And as far as "he without sin cast the first stone" and all that hub-bub, it holds no weight in a justice system. Thankfully someone decided that a judge that went to lots of school and has enough experience in our justice system should call the shots in a courtroom; instead of having our community's preacher who used to cheat on his wife with a 14 yr. old girl...but really knew his bible passages.

:D

ok, this topic is gonna get pretty "off topic" so move it to the capital punishment thread if this is where its goin, i just wanted to pay tribute to a fallen member of our community. Since I (and you too lance) are going into the government sector I would think your view would be different (not saying wrong or not), but keep it in another thread. Thanks for the comments though, I'm glad you take an interest in being kind toward your fellow man. Rest in peace lieutenant.

-pup-