Fatty running a checkup....

Fatty

I noticed one of our new members (Sabotage) has a pic in his sig.

I have turned my signature viewing back on to see what's been happening with sigs. I asked him to remove as we've never allowed (it makes reading threads just too darn bulky....) but then again, people can turn them all of it they want, right?

So anyways, have pics snuck back into sigs or was this just a once in a while thing? (I just happened to look at his user profile, that's the only way I saw it)

So here I am, viewing sigs for a while....wonder what I'll see!! :rolleyes:

Any thoughts from the general public on this? I'm hoping we can just keep em simple and tight instead of the billboard hey look at me type thing.

GC Founder

I guess anyone that is bothered by the bulky stuff can turn them off....I've had my sigs off for longer than I can remember. The only issue is that people don't know that's an option unless I stand on the corner and announce it.

Anyone else care either way? I just know that when I go to other boards and see these pics everywhere, it's like I'm reading the side of a train.

GC Founder
hope mine isnt too big.

Yes, yours is too big.

I'm with Homer, and here's how I judge: If you post a one-line and your sig extends your entire post longer than your info (on the left column) already would, then it's too long. Notice Knock's doesn't make her entire post longer than it already would be because of her post count, etc.

Rooster, good thought, I'll look into that.

Most sigs don't cause the post to be any larger than all the stuff on the left side...cept in the PA and then your sig is still only 1% of your quotes ;)

I think people have been cool about shrinking their sigs when requested due to size. I don't even notice ones like Knocks...it's really not taking up anymore space than someone with computer stats.

yeah I don't really care about the sigs either...now if they get too big then they're a problem...but then again I'm used to this sig...I see that daily. It's been shrunk down too...his sig used to be so big that it actually lagged some computers...but it's always been a source of fun on those boards

anime freak  :rolleyes:

Damn straight kid.

NP Jiffy. Everyone loved that avatar but i took down after I found this ownage Sasuke avatar.

Don't know whot shrink Homer besides if I shrink it then the full effect is gone :( .

GC Founder

So the rule will be, like before.....,and I'll ask all of our forum ads to enforce:

If you post a one liner and your sig makes your entire post larger than your info in the left column would have already...then it's too big.

Also, dweezil, I've never understood why your avatar can be so big....I thought the limit was 64 x 64. Not sure how you did that. I'm basing the above rule on normal avatars.