another one bites the dust

gOOters

Well boys, one of the great one's passes this Saturday. gOot will be getting MARRIED...holy crapp. Women of the world will unite in a moment of silence and mourning Saturday at high noon CST.

Afterward...a week of Hawaiian sun and mai tais. FINALLY...planning a wedding SUX!

Wish me luck all...kinda scared. Cyas soon! B)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the marriage. Good luck and during the wedding when you are waiting to kiss your bride, just think of scoutzknivez...it works on many things in my life when im freakin', maybe it'll settle your nerves during the ceremony. Congrats again

SATURDAY!!!!!!

YEAH for GOOTER!!!!!!!! That means you get to finally "do it" :o Your parents will no longer know that you are a big "V" ;)

Just remember goot three things: " say "I do", breath (don't faint), and when you kiss the bride, make sure you slip her a little tongue... It's the only time you'll ever have people clapping for you while you're getting a little lovin. So make it worth while!

Practical advice:

Have someone helping you out with the wedding ask the caterers for a "to go" meal (or just have them get you a couple of sandwiches) if you are leaving the reception and getting on a plane. You'll find yourself super hungry a couple of hours later because you don't eat much at your own wedding, there's too much going on.

Something will mess up during the wedding, just laugh at it.

The wedding does go fast, an hour after you're married you'll think, "That's it? All that effort and stress over vows, the rings, not messing up your lines, her dress, the flowers - and it was done in 10 minutes?!"

Congrats Goot!!! Since I'm not married I can't really comment but I think I'm gonna have to agree with the "Breathe" thing. And also that something WILL go wrong. Laugh about it..

At my mother's wedding, my grandfather lit his suit coat on fire by stepping into a candelabra (woops). At one of my close friend's wedding, the city scheduled a dance competition right next to the chapel and "Doo wa diddy" could be heard playing as she walked down the aisle. Amongst other things =p. Also at the same wedding, the maid of honor forgot the groom's ring in the basement and after the ceremony started, realized such. Much to my amazement, because no one noticed, she conveyed this problem to her husband (the best man) and he slipped off his ring and gave it to her to give my friend for the ceremony. It all came off without a hitch though and there are plenty of great funny memories to tell. So there's my two bits. Good luck!!!

Edited by NyxErinyes

GOOD LUCK, Goot!

Enjoy it, man. Don't think about all the planning, preparations, Hawaii, food, friends, etc. Just savor that moment. Capture it and suck every bit of life out of it you can.

I save my emotional displays for private, but if you feel comfortable let the whole world see your love show for your bride. And relax.

My wedding went just fine until we left the church. My best man is from Iowa (as well as several of my groomsmen) and they always have a big "chase" from the church. There was snow on the ground so we wound up going through some empty parking lots and my best man thought he was NASCAR quality or something. Once he about lost everyone else (it was him, his wive, the maid of honor and my wife and I in the car) we hit some railroad tracks pretty hard. My ol' jalopy (78 Chevy Caprice.. tha bomb!) lost its muffler. Before we got to the end of the street a cop had us pulled over. Funny thing was he didn't believe we just came from a wedding even though we were still in 'the clothes'. So thats my story.

We didnt care... we were married!! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. It went terrific! The ceremony was outdoors (about 150 peeps). The weather couldnt have been more beautiful...it was gorgeous!!! The ceremony went great (it was a quickie and I was completely in a daze the whole time). And the reception was a blast (mexican food and margaritas at a resteraunt). :boing:

I had a group of friends from Houston drive up in a big 50 foot RV bus...it was hilarious. :laughcry:

:freak:

(edited)

I'm at work. Swamped. And yes, the honey-do list is pretty long...but mostly self-generated.

Already spent a week in Hawaii with her Playaa. Was a terrific time. I got to do some cool stuff, the highlight was snorkeling...got to get up close with a 5 ft reef shark...was a blast!!!!! Should have pics soon.

Edited by gOOters

yeah, i remember a little of what happened the morning of my wedding...but it's a big blur from me taking my place at the front of the church, all the way up to waking up the next morning in a $300 hotel suite. I do remember being incredibly happy though.

Congrats g00t! Always put her first, and you'll get through every problem.