I need your Prayers

:lol:

Its your thread Dukey. And this is your place to come to let a wee bit of pressure off. We're still praying for ya. And you can divert to a random side road anytime you please.

If I see you do that (type kill) I will surely be a sitting duck for your teammates as I will have falen out of my chair in hysterics! :freak:

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about 1:30 a.m. and tomorrow is treatment day. I have to be up in 5 hours to make sure she eats because it'll be the last food she gets all day.

Spinals and bone marrow biopsies for sure, at least 2 chemo drugs, maybe more.

Nothing new: I've posted this stuff before.

The only difference is my heart grows heavier as treatment day nears. I worry...I worry so much. I worry about my wife and how she shows such strength wondering if it's a show, I worry about my son who doesn't get much attention these days and, of course, I worry about my sunshine.

She's so brave. I can't tell you how scared I feel when I hold her...how ironic. I was on a pretty good up-swing over the last few days. I had a great time on both servers.

I had my short-fuse moments and probably couldv'e handled certain admin situations better, but I'm trying to correct those. It's funny when you go into things with a game plan (stay quiet, let other admins do their thing, watch and learn) and you end up doing the very thing you didn't want to do.

I'll get better, I'm sure...just a little green.

But a good time, GREAT time for a few hours.

Sigh,

I'll give you more info tomorrow night.

I'm hangin' in there,

Duke

Keep your chin up. It will be tough, time for the roller coaster to go down a little bit. She will have better days than this though. She will have good days and then more bad days before she gets better.

At the end of this, you will all be SO STRONG. Grind it out man. Look forward to the weekend when she can smile some more. And late at night, you can hop on CS and blow off some steam.

I'll be playing on Sun night and/or Monday night. A little LATE tonight too.

Prayin for yall.

Gooter S and all,

According to the wife, everything went well. Counts are up, no major issues, child is happy overall. A good day.

Her MTX dose went up as expected: they increase the dose every visit until side effects occur.

Our next big milestone is Feb 22nd. That stage is called delayed intensification and lasts for 2 months.

The doc said it's rare for kids NOT to get nauseous from the chemo along with other nasty side effects. One causes fever and when it happens, they can't determine if its the drug or an infection so they admit her to the hospital and do it frequently.

Because of that, in March you'll see me in the forums more and the servers less because the hospital won't allow me to play CS (I even begged).

So MY perspective is: one day at a time, with the 22nd being day 1/60.

Until then, we live life as normally as we can.

If you got this far, then pay attention to this because I haven't said this in a while.

If you have kids: stop reading, get up, and go hug or kiss or check on your kids. No excuses!! Then come back and finish doing what you were doing.

Don't you feel better, now?

MrDuke

Goin well so far, gOOt.

Yesterday we went to the mall and made celebratory stuffed animals at Build-A-Bear. A nice place for the kids.

She's threw up yesterday and early,early this morning. She's a graceful vomiter...if there is such a thing. She does it and then says, "all done, my tummy feels better now". I guess it could be a lot worse.

That's really about it--pretty painless. We're dreading Feb 22nd, but short of that, life is good.

BTW, isn't that Valentine's day? Should I say I dread that day in front of the wife??!! Not so smart...

The 14th is Valentine's day. No need to dread it! :D

Some people throw up easier than others. I throw up terribly. Hardly ever do it and when I do its rather a tramatic experience. But my wife would throw up 7 times a day when she was pregnant and it wasn't near the experience I would have. But that is what she said anyway.

Got the hat yesterday. Wife wanted to travel to the shops, not much in town here. Going to ship it today when we go out!

I really enjoyed the song on the website! I think what some people do for people is just the coolest thing. Just wish I had thought of doing something like that. Oh, and had the ability too :D

Still praying for you all!!

I had the honor of meeting Danielle yesterday. She's such a sweetheart. 2 minutes after I walked in the door, we were messing around, playing catch with Elmo, just goofin off. She's really a darling. Mr. Duke's got a wonderful little family down there in the boonies.

I'd like to create a gallery of Danielle in her hats, with the name and location of the person donating. What a keepsake for her!

Please keep Danielle in your thoughts and prayers tonight. She has had a low grade fever most of the afternoon and it is rising. She is at 100.1 right now and if she hits 101 we are headed to the hospital for a minimum 2 day stay or until they can figure out what is causing the fever. Please pray that if we end up in the hospital they are able to get her fever under control quickly so we can return home. Thank you so much, Keli (Mrs. Duke)

(edited)
I had the honor of meeting Danielle yesterday.  She's such a sweetheart.  2 minutes after I walked in the door, we were messing around, playing catch with Elmo, just goofin off.  She's really a darling.  Mr. Duke's got a wonderful little family down there in the boonies.

I'd like to create a gallery of Danielle in her hats, with the name and location of the person donating.  What a keepsake for her!

Coming over and attempting to charm Danielle and the Mrs. doesn't get you to the #1 ranking, but it was GREATLY appreciated :D . Maybe next time we'll leave the wives to do their thing and we can do ours instead of listening to the intricate and mentally stimulating topics they chose to talk about.

The gallery idea has the potential to move you up in the rankings, though.

BGB has the top seed with MrDuke scrambling to make up lost ground( currently ranked 35,000,000 out of 10). I think the goldfish is ranked higher than me.

update:

Danielle had a rough weekend. Her disposition was average, but she was tired a lot and ran a fever around 100. At 101 we go to ER for a 2 day stay so needless to say we used the thermometer quite a bit.

I was up through the wee hours of the night checking her temp and playing CS. There's a lot of troublemakers on our servers at 4 a.m. so I was busy.

Coudn't ban that BGB guy :D

FYI-- If you have kids, there is a new type of thermometer out there that I highly recommend. You run it across the forehead and by the ear, and it gives you the temperature in less than 2 seconds. I picked up on it while she was in the hospital--that's what they used while she was in there.

It's made by Exergen and we found ours at walgreens.com for around $40.

Later,

Duke

Edited by mrduke

Update:

Danielle is feeling better, we're feeling better--life is almost normal. What a nice feeling!!

We're meeting with the people from Make-A-Wish tonight because they are going to grant Danielle a wish and we need to discuss details.

When they asked what she wants, we said...well... nothing. She just turned 3 and doesn't run around the house saying "I want this and I want that".

Although one night I thought I heard her say she wanted a new 4x4 truck. A Dodge Ram extended cab, in fact. I'm not sure if I heard her say "black" because she was mumbling. I'm pretty sure she said black, though.

More than likely they'll try to send us to DisneyWorld (like we'd go kicking and fighting). From what they've told us, it really makes the kids happy.

BTW- My little DukeNukem just learned how to say Fatty, but it comes out Fa Fa.

I was in the forums and I pointed to the thumbnail picture and said "Fatty". Now, everytime I say it, he says "Fa Fa". Too much...

Funny thing, he says Gooter just fine though... :laughcry:

That's it. Go hug your kids!

Good news Dukey (hey, you wanna butcher my noble title of gooterS, then I will butcher yours)!

Im glad the little sweetie is feeling better. What a roller coaster. You should teach the little guy to say Fatty's original CS name?? :D

Anyhow, maybe I will see you in the server sometime late this weekend, but Im working Sat & Sun.

If you guys go to Dieneyworld, take some pics and post em! Sounds like you are finally getting a little sunshine in your neck of the woods ;)

p.s. You mighta heard her say something about "Hemi", no? :D

(edited)
Good news Dukey (hey, you wanna butcher my noble title of gooterS, then I will butcher yours)!

Im glad the little sweetie is feeling better.  What a roller coaster.  You should teach the little guy to say Fatty's original CS name?? :D

Anyhow, maybe I will see you in the server sometime late this weekend, but Im working Sat & Sun.

If you guys go to Dieneyworld, take some pics and post em!  Sounds like you are finally getting a little sunshine in your neck of the woods ;)

p.s.  You mighta heard her say something about "Hemi", no?  :D

If you remember, you gave me permission to say Gooter...I didn't give you permission to say Dukey (I did now though. Of course you can call me that!)--besides, it's not as bad as gooter! heh, heh.

Edited by mrduke

(edited)

Ralphie? As in "Happy Days?" or are you serious?

Soap is not toxic but will make you sick. Dry dishwasher detergent IS toxic, though.

I meant to say him, not her. Danielle knows Fatty as the funny guy asking about her hats.

She puts the hat on and as soon as they make eye contact, she rips it off and they play "where'd the hat go?" Too funny!

He doesn't say Fa Fa anymore and he doesn't play with her hats. He plays with her jewelry (Hmm....).

Edited by mrduke