I need your Prayers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

THAT was in Christmas Story? Really??

How could I miss that. Hmmph. Maybe I'll go rent it just to see what I missed.

A TDD eh? That's a real chest-beating, gorilla roaring, pee distance challenging nose to nose dare! :o

We'll just have to see about that!!

Edited by mrduke

Update:

Danielle had chemo on Tuesday and did pretty good until today. She developed a cold (great) and starting looking a little green according to Kel. She got sick and then took a nap. We'll see how she's doing later today.

She's scheduled for some pre-lim bloodwork this Tues to make sure her counts are OK and then we move into the rough stuff. Feb 22nd is day 1 of 60. After that, life gets better.

BGB strengthened his #1 ranking in Kels favorite people list.

She was thrilled about the wallpaper for Danielle's site.

Her words were, and I quote: "If I ever see T face to face I'm gonna give him a big wet sloppy kiss".

Funny...she never said that to ME before. :blink:

Fatty is a close #2.

Duke is a triple-echo distant #1,000,000,000,000. helloooo, helloooo, helloooo

I'm gonna have to get creative for VD to increase my rank. How about slowing down a bit to let me catch up!!!

I can joke around because life is chugging along pretty well.

Marriage is strong, faith is strong, kids are well...life is good.

I'm thankful for my blessings.

Go hug your kids.

Duke

you're a rock buddy. Im sending a hat your way soon (its more of a grown up hat so you can wear it if Danielle doesnt mind).

If I could give anything that I have to heal your shorty...I would. But I will let God do that. Meanwhile, just keep your head in the game and keep on keepin' on.

Glad the wife is okay. If you and she are do okay, you will be doing more for your munchkins than any doctor probably could.

Edit: changed *your* to *you're*...doh!

Edited by gOOters

TY goot.

I know you might be busy with everything but I thought I'd tell you I should be on scopeless tonight.

If you have the time, drop in and we'll see if we can put this knife-to-the-noggin duel to the test.

I'll be creeping around looking for you!! <rubs hands together and laughs a sinister 'muahahaha'>

If you're lucky enough to kill me via knife, I will forever hang my head in shame and have "gooters" tatooed on my noggin.

Hang in there! Honestly, I can't believe they're stringing you out like that.

The box from Bubblegum and Family and friends is in our possession.  I will gladly trade it for his position in the top seat.

LOL!

So, the negotiations begin.

I don't see you being in a strong position (nobody likes being #2) so I'll counter with: I'll give you #1 for 2 weeks in return for the hats & you covering my drinking expenses @ FF...unless my wife reads this before we meet. Then you can have whatever you want for the hats.

Update:

My little DukeNukem's been fighting a cold for 2 weeks, which turned into an ear infection and a bad cough. He went to the doc earlier this week and she said he sounded croupy(sp?) and gave him some steroids. A Croup cough is viral in nature and can be life threatening.

No warnings to segregate, no words of advice. Just a kindly "he sounds croupy".

He didn't improve. In hindsight, Kel thinks she just didn't understand the doc. Maybe they did give warnings and she missed it.

Anyway, he went this morning and she said that he definitely has the croup and we should try to segregate them.

We consulted Danielle's oncologist and she said it's too late to separate them and we'll just have to see what happens.

GGrrrrr.

She just got the increased doses of chemo so we know her numbers are tanking.

We don't need this right now.

I knew this kind of stuff would come up and I'm trying to deal with it without the emotions...but this tinklees me off.

We're in damage control mode now--humidifiers, etc. We'll see what happens

Wow, I had no idea that a croup cough was that dangerous, especially to Danielle, I hope everything is going okay with that and will continue to do so.

I looked through her site and saw the pics in the hat post, she is such an adorable little thing, the strength of small children to go through stuff like this is amazing, when I think about it, I don't think I could handle going through what that little cutie seems to be handling like a champ. I'm sure it makes you very proud, it would me.

Our hopes are with you all and I look forward to reading promising updates

Hang in there.

Thanks guys.

It's not really the croup itself that's dangerous, its what's causing it or what it can lead to that's dangerous.

Danielle doesn't have an immune system so whatever the source is, we hope it doesn't get to her.

It's still a surreal situation. You just wake up and do whatever it is you need to do. Not as much focus on the negative and more focus on the positive.

Clueless-- I'm thinking of getting us locals together for a night out. Lemme know what works for you guys.

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know people are still in our corner.

I just got the phone call a little bit ago. Danielle doesn't need any blood products and we're waiting to see how her ANCs are. If everything comes back fair or better, we start the delayed intensification (DI) next week.

Danielle's disposition is good, but I'm noticing little things and they concern me. She has more nausea/vomiting than before, she has red circles around her eyes and her hair is still thinning.

Of course, all of this doesn't slow her down in the least.

We gave her some medicine the other night and after the first teaspoonful, she said "yuck, that's yucky!". Not understanding, we asked her to take the 2nd teaspoonful, which she did without questioning.

I tasted it later and it was brutally disgusting! :yuck: Not only did it taste bad, but it stayed in your mouth for 20 minutes. Needless to say, we dumped it down the drain! My point though is that she stepped up and did what was expected with minimal complaining. How much better would the world be if people acted like that?

I gain so much from her...I wish I could be half as strong as she is.

Kel and I are dealing with the worrying and stress as best we can. Tensions are running a little high right now so I'm praying for compassion and peace of mind. I need to be calmer and more understanding to help Kel.

Goot- I haven't read your thread yet, I hope everything is unfolding in your favor.

AFox- Thanks for the support, it makes a difference.

Wow, my kids are wimps compared to her!

Still praying.

Thanks Rev!

The little DukeNukem is a whole 'nother story. Doesn't like meds...nope...not one bit.

Can't really bribe him either. My negotiating skills drop to zilch when I deal with him.

Speaking of negotiating, I haven't seen Fatty's counter. He must still be "<beating head on computer desk>". :D

In rebuttal to that embarassing moment, I was busy not getting killed. I can't type, run, shoot and talk all at the same time like you pros.

I can talk and shoot at the same time, but only if the ground is REALLY level.

I think something's wrong w/ my puter bc that's not the first time I've missed entire conversations...nothing on the screen, nothing on the console...nothing.

Heya MrDuke, you're gonna get a hat or two for Danielle comming your way from Utah pretty soon here (now that I finally paid off my membership dues I can budget money for more important things). Hope you don't mind a BYU Cougar's hat!

Excellent! Thank you Thomas!!

She really lights up when she gets mail. Do you remember the excitement when you would receive mail? It's exciting to watch.

BYU, eh? I can't push my dislikes upon her (Michigan) as much as I would like to.

If a hat makes her happy, it doesn't matter...but I don't want to see 50 Michigan or Cleveland Browns hats show up on my doorstep either.

I know how you guys think!!

Thanks again Thomas! The support we're receiving is getting us through this mess.