Source Update (PDO's Farewell)

Fatty

GC Founder

PDO (or shall I shall I say David?) if you have said your last (be it fiery or not) and are done tending, I'll go ahead and carry out the rest of your obvious banning.

So, while you join some of your predecessors in your unoriginal cause, keep in mind that through your various insults, etc, you've banned yourself.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I Can tell you first hand that Fatty is not only the most strict person but he is also the most forgiving. Proof in point is me. lol This place is like a big family and I wouldn't trade it up for anything as silly as a disagreement on something. PDO, your best bet is to go away for like 6 months, and then it will dawn on you that you miss this place and everyone and you will be asking to come back. Do not burn down your bridges and repair those you have broken already before it is too late.

How disappointing..

I've always respected you PDO, you're a good CS player and above that a good guy, but the comments you made in your post were malicious, scathing and completely uncalled for. I've been in the Mmmm/GC community for going on 3 and a half years now and have witnessed a lot of changes. The one thing that hasn't changed, however, is this community's doctrine of creating a wonderful gaming experience for the MAJORITY of the people who come through. In my opinion we have succeeded. I have played CS for along time and frequented a lot of servers yet no where I go can i find the kind camaraderie and feeling the GC community has. A huge part of this is due to the efforts of Fatty. When you attack his "ideals" you attack all of our ideas as to how this community should be run. I take offence to that.

You aren't the first person to have a problem with how this community is run, nor will you be the last. Many people have come and left, the latter being minimal. There's no possible way to please everyone in the diverse population that come accross our servers. However, the community has always done its best to please the majority. No one NEEDS to play here. Why do you feel you need a justify to the world your reasons for leaving? If the atmosphere was no longer to your liking then why not just quietly leave? Why did you feel you needed to "go out with fire"?

I'll tell you one thing, calling people rednecks and making ridiculous claims about their personal lives is in no way a heroic ending. In doing so you just pulled your name through the mud on your way out the door.

I understand that your post was directed at Fatty and no one else. I also understand that you may be feeling cheated and disrespected. However,(to use the old cliche) an attack on one is an attack on all.

I too consider myself a stand-up guy and this is how I feel about the comments made. I'm holding no hard feelings or anything like that, I just disagree.

Why do you feel you need a justify to the world your reasons for leaving?  If the atmosphere was no longer to your liking then why not just quietly leave?  Why did you feel you needed to "go out with fire"?

I'll tell you one thing, calling people rednecks and making ridiculous claims about their personal lives is in no way a heroic ending.  In doing so you just pulled your name through the mud on your way out the door.

^^well spoken

PDO... Ive always enjoyed playing with and against you because you are a skilled cs player. I always thought you were one of the more mature "kids" in the community, until I read this topic. Yes fatb is strict when it comes to enforcing the community's rules, yet like ZD said he also is VERY forgiving. This is why many of us are part of this community: The maturity of the members within our community. The way you handled the situation in this topic was done poorly on your part and taking personal stabs at people just lessened your credibility.

Like I mentioned above, Ive always enjoyed playing with you. Sorry to see you leave, but you brought this upon yourself. Best thing you can do in this situation is to learn a valuable lesson in life on how to handle a situation with more maturity.

Mark me down as idiot #1! 

Not gonna happen.

I'll miss playing CS with ya PDO, your a good player that I hate to see go. I know I liked to see you in the server cause it meant that I would have to step up my game a notch. You had many valid points in your post about steam, I know I've had my share of problems with them as have many.

As far as you and Fatty's conversations on aim, that's between you and Fatty, no one knows jack about that. All we have to go on here is what we see in the forums. And at worst I could see Fatty's comment as being snide, and I'm sure that on the wrong day it could rub someone the wrong way. Most people don't know others' RL situations, and if I was having a bad day/week/whatever, I might take some offense at it. But one thing I have always tried and maintained is to be slow to speak, and quick to think. Cool heads always prevail.

But the comments you came back with was a personal assault, not a witty comeback or remark. Like you said, no one has seen your personal chats with Fatty, but even from them could you justify the remarks made in your statement? Put yourself in Fatty's place in that post, I don't see that making anyone laugh or feel good at all.

I've seen Fatty try to get a rise out of people in some of his posts, but we all do that for the most part, and for the most part it is all in good fun. 1 point awarded here, 2 points for witty comeback here.

Like I said I agree with many of your statements, but that was just a low blow. Maybe I'll see ya in game down the road somewhere, stay true to you and your game.

Fatty, you have to admit, you can grate on ppl's nerves from time to time. That's nothing new. But then again, PDO's lashing out has crossed the line for sure. PDO, you are welcome to play the DOH server and we'd welcome that. But lets be clear, it's not like we wouldn't have banned you on our server too if you had said that about any of my DOH brothers.

I've had my gripes and complaints in the past. And, if you dig deep enough in these forums, you would find some historic rants made by myself against the "power mongering Mmmm" characters. <--- I hope you Mmmm characters still have those threads! Those took a long time to write! :blink: But there's a right way to complain and a wrong way. I hope you understand that.

Cya later.

Edited by DJ Premier

We gotta go digging for those DJ. Yes I do remember your long posts etc.. But man that was almost 2-3 years ago, man I feel old.

I remember when I got banned way back in the day you posted, my how times have changed.

Sorry you left PDO, hope to see you back soon.

GC Founder

Me? Grate? Entice? Tempt? Rub? <we need a halo wearing smiley here> Sure, sometimes, but here...nah, I just called this one like it is....it's me again cause everyone else thinks it, uploads it to my head, then it comes from me. Strange that I don't know how they do it, but I'm always the one to say it.

When we moved from m4cs.com we didn't transfer the forums. These start in August of 2002. It's too bad that we lost so many great threads, but yes, there are many here.

Anyways, the only real rubbin I have to do right now will be cleaning the DOH grime off my boots after we beat them down next week. In fact, you should recruit PDO for that one! I gurantee he'll play for ya!

Guest Mrs. Fatty
Guest Mrs. Fatty
Guest Mrs. Fatty
Guests

Ok, now the wife's turn. What PDO had to say was absolutely rude, and totally uncalled for. As far as i'm concerned, spending time with all of these guys, those that I met at FragFest 04', are an extremely fun group. I know you all point fun at each other, get on each others nerves etc....but in the end, it's one close group.

I think for any one individual to take the lashes when people are upset, takes alot of courage. I don't care if it's my husband, or one of the others. But if you can't handle the rules, let alone someone poking fun at you, then you are definitely in the wrong place. The thing that makes me feel good, is that there is only one member that actually said that Fatty was being basically "harsh" to PDO. Cry me a river. Grow up.

If you have a problem that is that extreme, then have a conversation with the person, that would make (in my opinion) "a stand up guy". Basically, PDO was hiding behind everyone else.

As far as power, you have got to be kidding me. First of all, stand up guy, if you have a problem with Fatty here in the gaming world, then leave it at that. Obviously he doesn't have a problem in the working world, since he is highly spoken of by his fellow co-workers and administrators, and since we ARE having our third child, we obviously have LOTS of fun and know what WE, stressing "group effort" there, are doing.

SO, anyone that has the pleasure of communicating again with PDO, give him Mrs. Fatty's regards.

I feel bad only in one aspect, that I don't know this person at all, but when he decided to go outside the boundries of the GamersCoalition, and bring Fatty's personal life into things, that's when I decided I would for once, post something.

Love and miss all of you, can't wait to see you this summer!!!!

Love,

Mrs. Fatty :wub:

As far as power, you have got to be kidding me.  First of all, stand up guy, if you have a problem with Fatty here in the gaming world, then leave it at that.  Obviously he doesn't have a problem in the working world, since he is highly spoken of by his fellow co-workers and administrators, and since we ARE having our third child, we obviously have LOTS of fun and know what WE, stressing "group effort" there, are doing.

mrs. fatty > PDO

:D she sounds awesome...why has it taken her so long to post?

You know what gets me? This ban-inducing rant was in the wrong forum. Complaining about Source in the GC forums will get NOTHING done to fix Source faster. I am pretty sure everyone (and I mean everyone including PDO) saw the outcome of this rant before it even started. I mean, what else could it have come to?

Now, had he posted this on the steampowered threads, maybe he would have gotten some educated response (not that these weren't educated, but that at steampowered, he might have gotten a developer to respond) as to why his desired fixes weren't happening.

Hey all,

Just wanted to take a minute and reply to this "issue" involving PDO and Fatty. I had a "issue" with Fatty as well, and wanted to share the outcome. I attended FF-04 and while I was setting up my PC, I took off my Oakleys and placed them next to my PC. About 15 minutes later they came up missing, and I spent the bulk of the Lan-party looking for my gear. I was there for maybe 36 hrs., and probably spent about 5 of them in front of my PC. Aside from losing my rather expensive shades, and having PC "issues" limit my playing time (thanks a million Mother), I still had a GREAT time. I credit this experience directly to Fatty and the rest of the Coalition. Because of his viament insistence that players stick to the rules, and because of his efforts, the Coalition has turned into a GREAT group of people. I can honestly say that I enjoyed the company of EVERY SINGLE COALITION MEMBER. As most of you CS vets are aware, that is no small feat considering the type of community CS has become. (Surf the Steam forums for a sample). Needless to say, considering the situation I was in that weekend, (brand new $150 shades coming up lost/stolen, my "1337 m4ch1n3" trying to take a dumper, going to the party unprepared with lodgings and sleeping UNCOMFORTABLY in my car), I still managed to have a GREAT time. I believe this would have NOT been possible if I had lanned with any OTHER group. I met ALOT of awesome ppl there, and give a good chunk of the credit to Fatty. His insistence on maintaining a "fun atmosphere" while playing, has turned a group of CS players into a close-knit, fun-loving bunch. I look foreward to FF-05.

V3rt1g0

P.S.- For the record, 20 minutes after leaving FF-04, I got a cell call from Fatty.

He called to tell me that he FOUND my Oakleys while breaking down the event room, and would get them to me ASAP. I can't tell you how much my eyes appreciate your good-nature.

P.S :D .S. - You go Amy(Mrs. Fatty)!! It was WAY out of line the way PDO involved you in the small, stupid dispute he was having with Fatty. I'm guessing PDO's issues go WAY beyond the way Valve is releasing updates, or how Fatty talks to him.