Community Source SmackDown I

Fatty

To determine who gets choice of starting side:  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Founder

Ok, here we go. I present to you, representing GC for our first ever SmackDown event:

roster posted below...too many adjustments.

13-15 will be backups in that order. Team: Please hit me up on AIM to get your top secret casefile!

I think I'm hidden rather nicely amongst all that skill.

oops, i made an error...someone that i had in i missed....putting myself as first backup as punishment.

1. Urk (captain)

2. Magruter

3. pagan

4. IV

5. Tek

6. bear

7. DirtyBird

8. Slims

9. Anti

10. bugs

11. Lunk

12. hangover

12.5 Fatty

13. Shodan

14. M2

15. Whudats

See me if you haven't checked in yet.

What the h411!!!

You didn't select me to be on your Team? I hate you!!! :nono:

Well, sorry I missed the the signups for this, I would have enjoyed playing in this matchup. I just got off over a months worth of service watch for work, so my internet time was drastically cut down.

GC Founder
That is some good talent.  Almost seems some ppl are coming out of retirement for this one.  I have to adjust my lineup.  I'm going to replace myself with someone.  I'll let you know what the lineup is closer to the date.

Nah, these people are actively playing...now, bugs and slims don't clock an hour+ / night on rec, no....but they're definitly community members and active in our forums etc...and everyone here has some sort of stats from one or both of our servers.

Someone mentioned to me that not all of these guys are GC. Let me speak to that: Exactly...I thought I was clear about that before, and if I didn't post up there somewhere, my fault. These are community people. People that are active in our community...different teams, no team at all, etc...but community. DJ and I agree that we'd not bring in friends of friends from some Cal team, etc. I contacted each of these guys personally through the server, AIM, and IRC. The VERY point of this for me was to reach out and pull a motley crew of talent from our community that normal fight each other over kills in the server, and put em together...give em a leader...and turn em lose on the DOH community...in good fun. :D

Ok, enough politics.

It IS a scary lineup, isn't it? Wooo!

GC Founder

Oh, and to DJ: If I gave you the wrong impressions, I apologize. If this team looks stacked...well, erm, it's as stacked as I could make it. I didn't nickname it the dream team for nothing! Heck, I have to let the club pros play some golf! Make any adjustments you want to your roster, of course no problemo at all.

We can do the next one pure members, GC v DOH if you want...this is a community smackdown. Believe me, I have .gc that are aggrivated that I didn't pick them...that's what I love about em. They want in! They still love the game.

With that said, if there's anyone on my roster that someone feels is not active in our community, I welcome any sort of appeal (although do it privately, I don't want to make a spectacle out of anyone).

This is like Troy. Send out 12 of your choosing instead of 1 though!

GC Founder

Update. Lunk can't make it. :(

1. Urk (captain)

2. Magruter

3. pagan

4. IV

5. Tek

6. bear

7. DirtyBird

8. Slims

9. Anti

10. bugs

11. Fatty

12. hangover

13. Shodan

14. M2

15. Whudats

I'm also adding a poll at the top of this topic to let the public help us decide how to start the match off.

Choices:

All out knife fight, everyone at once, no nades, nothing but blades.

Circle of death knife fight - last team standing, one v one knife fights, when a player drops he's replaced by someone from his team.

Grenade party - everyone piles into a close circle, all drop a nade...server decides the winner.

I voted for the circle of death, the first will have just alot of ganking and the last might not have everything throwing their nades at the same time. Even if everyone did manage to throw their nades at the same time, i can't imagine anyone living.