Your favorite type of music

Rashad

What's your favorite genre or type of music?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because of the age demographic of our constituency, I am going to guess that "Rock" is going to easily win out. However, I'd like to put in a vote for new-age class music (not the religion - just the music). Actually, my correct choice might be closer to "world music" since my favorite groups include David Arkenstone, Llewellyn, and Secret Garden. Having a strong Irish family descent, I gravitate towards cultural expressions from Ireland and Scotland in most any form.

Still, I greatly enjoyed the David Bowie concert here in Chicago last year (Reality Tour); it really rocked. For his age, he can really turn up the juice!

How about that? A 51 year old attending a David Bowie concert - think that's odd? (Well, let me clue you - I wasn't the only one there over 50 - not at all!) ;o)

Cranky B)

Heh. The problem with me is that I can say that I love all of the above, save rap, techno, bubblegum-punk (anything from the Blink and post-Blink era, including Emo, Screamo and all of the "cores") and post-90s pop. "...Go Brittany.... ...go far away..." ...oh, and country newer than Johnny Cash or Conway Twitty. It drives me batty.

The problem is, I've spent years playing almost all of the rest.

Right now, I'm a music teacher, focussing on guitar and theory, and I'm playing in two bands - one, my boss' Christian rock band, which I play rythm for, and the other, my fun/cover band, which I front.

In highschool, I played rythm in the school's Funk/R&B/Soul band. I also sang in three choirs - a 16 piece, vocal jazz choir, the same 16 piece choir, doing chamber chorales anywhere from 800AD, on, in all world languages, and a 30 piece choir that did easier pieces on a smaller scale.

• 4 weeks later...
What's some names of emo-core and screamo bands?

Let's see, underOATH, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday (kinda), Boys Night Out, Emery, Adair, Fear Before the March of the Flames, Academy Is. That's a number of good bands, all slightly different sounds and degrees of scream. If you'd like more, just ask and I'll take a look at my list.

• 1 month later...

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL! (save new country/bubble gum punk)

but seriously I really love all music to death...but enjoy a few over others...

somethings to clear up...the electronic choice is way to vague...hiphop is not a style of music it is a way of life (btw someone should really shoot 50 again)

finally drum and bass is the greatest electronic style out there (puts up flame retartant shield) and anyone interested should pm me...i just might happen to dj the stuff

• 8 months later...

because of the limited choices, i was forced to choose rock/pop/alternative, even though i HATE pop. rock is the CLOSEST thing to what i like on here, but a different kind. i like stuff like underoath, the bled, silverstein, and also harder stuff like as i lay dying, norma jean, and the chariot. i am also a christian, so i like stuff like kids in the way, staple, and other emo/screamo/metalcore bands.

a note: i am NOT the model christian, so my actions are definitly not perfect, and shouldn't be reflective of the christian faith. i am struggling, like so many others, and am slowly becoming like jesus, but not perfect in any sense of the word.

I like some of everything. From Black Eyed Peas to Metallica to Eric Clapton to Sliptknot to C.W. McCall (We got a great big convoy rockin thru the night) to Ice Cube. I also like Queen and N.W.A. I love 80's music and old school rap especially, but have no true favorites. Somewhere in there should include Nine Inch Nails, Kmfdm, Prodigy and more industrial techno type bands. No Moby tho. =)