What would you do in a Zombie invasion?

cobaltgrc

What if the dead walked the earth, Zombies at your neighbors, and you had to fight for survival? Sure it sounds like fantasy now but one day we might have to deal face to face with the Zombie hordes. Therefore we should be prepared.

Honestly, I don't think I would make it. I don't have access to any big weapons (Shotguns, Katana's, Pistols, or Nades) so I would have to make due with a shovel or a butcher knife. Ug. I might be able to take on one Zombie at a time, but once it got to be two or more I would be screwed.

I live in Iowa, in a suburban landscape.. where would I go? Would a school be the best idea? or the grocery store where there would be lots of food? I bet there would be alot of people too.. which could mean that they could turn into Zombies and things could get bad real quick.

What would you do? Where would you get your weapons? Where would you go? How would you secure safetly for you and your family (if you've got one)? Do you think you could survive? Lets have a serious discussion on the future Zombie menace.

:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie: ..............:ph34r:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go "Shaun of the Dead" style and find aby blunt object I could and start wailing on any of the undead douche bags around my house. Take the car, grab some guns and ammo and hold up in the local high school, wield the doors and windows shut backed up with metal, pop a squat on the roof and take out as many of them as possible.

Katanas seem to be a weapon that would be helpful in a zombie invasion, lobbing off heads left and right could be handy in a open or closed area. But you'd have to worry about food and water and everything. So I'd probably gather up survivors and raid the local Costco or something and get everything in bulk, plus a couple generators/gas/tvs/ps2s. Digging a moat for zombie to fall in might be a good idea also. :thumbsup:

The high school here is a big enough place to hold lots of people, and my high school has metal gates to help block off any stray zombies and hold the infected. The school has a million exits and other ways to get to places, and having access to a weilding machine and basically the equilivant to a home depot, you could easily weild and permantly shut doors and windows from attackers. And being right next to few grocery, hardware, and other such stores, you could have a nice long supply to fight off the undead and wait for rescue, or even enough supplies at the nearby mall for weapons to take out all the zombies in town.

I wouldnt, however, build an armored bus and drive out to the zombies like in Dawn of the Dead. I would just baracade myself and survivors in, watch some tv, kill some zombies, and play some PS2 until the military comes in.

Edited by Shadowman

Haha, two thumbs up for the "Shaun Of The Dead" idea :D.

Ed: What's the plan then?

Shaun: Right.

[Cuts to dream sequence]

Shaun: We take Pete's car, we drive over to mum's, we go in, take care of Phillip - "I'm so sorry Phillip". - then we grab mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

I think I would rely on the unofficial militia I have formed in my township.. it consists of about 5-7 people, you know the regulars level 1 IRC wizard.. and the rest are rambos.. I stock up at my house with tons of guns, since we have a gun room, and honestly if you have a gun room you are set since there is many diffrent sorts of guns to choose from... Then I would go up the hill from my house beating my way through the zombie hordes trying to eat my neighbors, along the way picking up squirt guns and fending off the regular zombies as to conserve my ammo and then I would steal a big suburban since those are designated in our milita as urban assult vehicles... then we would probably procceed to hit up the out of the way gas stations for food, water, and gas, and then either go out in a blaze of glory and try to kill as many zombies as possible or leave town... heh knowing my friends we would probably try to go out in a blaze of glory, heh you know try to set as many buildings on fire as possible :freak:

Just come to Canada!! We will save all your bottoms. Come up here and wait a few months for snow and ice. They will all freeze. Then you can go outside and shatter their frozen carcases with a baseball bat.

*Note* Sorry to all Canadians for the common stereotypical idea of Canada :sad:

I'm trying to pretend that no first-timers to our website will just so happen to see this topic first...... :rolleyes:

Fatty looks at this thread and say, "Zombie topic, why won't you just die?!?!" :blink2:

didn't they try that in Dawn of the dead?///and there were zombies there?

never saw the movie. but if it really were uninhabited, theres no way zombies could get there. they arent smart enough to use boats or airplanes.

(edited)

That article was pretty sweet, but don't forget it was posted on Monday, 1 April, 2005... :P

However this poses an interesting question. How will the zombie hordes be created? Will it be a virus? A zombie gas? A rock from space containing a zombie alien insect? Will it be when Hell is too full and the dead then need to walk to earth? One can not be certain.

Another thing I was thinking about is what sort of things should be put into ones survival kit so that they will be ready for the zombie hordes? Food rations? what kinda food rations? Of course these things need to go in: a flashlight, medical supplied, a large knife, maybe some ninja rope, probally a sleeping bag. If I'm missing something, and I know I am, let me know and I'll add it to my list of needed supplies.

Thanks for your guys input! This thread has kept me entertained. I might have to take you Canadians up on your offer and go up to Canada and wait for the zombie hordes to cool down. :freak:

edited for speling

Edited by cobaltgrc

(edited)

Regarding the baseball bats...

I was just trying to be a great host for when you Americans come up North. Knowing you guys and girls will have trouble adapting to the weather and culture up here, I though it would be nice and let you use something your familiar with.

In truth, I was keeping them sticks for myself!!! I prefer the range! :)

Edited by Chamberlain