When's the last time you went to a Circus?

Fatty

I haven't been to a circus since I was a kid....

I just bought 4 front row tickets for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus on October 30th!!!! (yep, we're leaving the .5year-old at home!)

Gonna be fun!! :boing:

Hope Ella will be as excited as I am!

did the front row for Barnums like 6-7 yrs ago...was fun, but not as much as I remembered as a child, but would be entirely different if I were to bring my own child.

but we thouroughly enjoyed a more adult circus - Cirque du Soleil last time it was in town and would recommend that as a must do.

GC Founder

Honestly, when I envision the circus, I envision watching my kids watching the circus. Hopefully they will be completely thrilled. Hopefully the front row won't be too close for Mya.

Then again, Mya will probably be trying to climb into the arena, while Ella will be grabbing my arm....

I went to that all African American circus a few years ago with my kids (no where near as good as B&B but the kids really liked it. I remember going to one when I was about 6 or so and getting to go for an elephant ride lol, it was very exciting for me. Have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
GC Founder

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

When I put Ella to bed tonight, I resisted mentioning it because I wanted her to just be able to go to sleep. We had talked about it earlier so she already had some anticipation.

As I closed the door, I hear..."Daddy? Tomorrow's the circus isn't it?"

I'm not sure which I'll look at more...the girls' faces or the circus acts themselves.

GC Founder

I picked out several pics to share.....funny, when I looked at the list, the vast majority were of them...so here they are at the circus!

(If you wanna see circus pics, I guess look at the circus site!)

Pre-circus show in the ring:

DSC08710.jpg

Another:

DSC08714.jpg

This was from about 3 feet away as it exited the pre-circus show....enough to make me feel like I shouldn't be that close.

DSC08717.jpg

Mmmm.....cotton candy....

DSC08721.jpg

Fatty cheating on the diet....just a little:

DSC08725.jpg

OJ Simpson was the MC:

DSC08729.jpg

Up close wit da clownage:

DSC08760.jpg

Mya with the shake:

DSC08761.jpg

I wanted to tell her it's only ripped up paper, but the kids were having so much fun:

DSC08784.jpg

Mya digging for remains:

DSC08788.jpg

Elephants massaging each other:

DSC08808.jpg

Extreme pole dancing:

DSC08812.jpg

Saying goodbye:

DSC08841.jpg

Mya made it through the night! Was getting tired though!

DSC08842.jpg