What does your name mean!?

Saris

(edited)

I've seen alot of wacky names here and after pondering about some of them while I toil away in misery at the night shift, I decided to come home and start . . . .

THE OFFICIAL SARIS-PATENTED NAME EXPLANATION THREAD! (It really is patented. I'll sue.)

What does your name mean!? Is it your real-life name, something dumb you made up cause you're unoriginal, or is there a deeper, darker meaning that you've been afraid to share with everyone? For starters, I certainly know Fatty isn't Fatty cause he's fat. And my name... well why don't we have some fun and you guys take a guess? ;)

97!!! >< Private Rank, here I come!

Edited by Saris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

there's like 30 topics like this...but it's more fun for new folks to go through it again than it is to just dig up an old topic anyway.

Pselus - comes from the days of Quake 2 and my beginnings online. I needed a nickname since I had been using my friends computer and name, and he was 10 times better than me. :) I asked his brother (who was good at making up names) to give me one, so he came over and hit the keyboard..."pselus" was in there and it sounded good. It's what I'm known as ALL over the web EXCEPT in here. *edit* btw, you pronounce "Pselus" as "seal-iss"

Playaa - ALSO comes from Quake 2 (sorta). The very first day I played on an Mmmm server (also my first day on CS) I put my name as Playaa as an homage to Quake 2, where the default online name is "Player" and people who don't know enough about the game always leave it that way (see, I didn't know enough about CS...so I thought it would help represent me as a newb). I tried changing to Pselus when I came back to Mmmm's server...but people remembered me as Playaa...so that name stuck.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

One day Mini and I were online together and made our names Fat_Bastard and Mini_Me (back in the last century).

As the years went by, my closer online buds started calling me Fatty, and I also got tired of debating the clients who didn't enjoy a swearing policy that was policed by a "bastard."

So I'm Fatty.

I don't know, maybe you can tell me what a Magruter is

well i like ur name cause of the [Mmmmm] in front of it, and every time i see ur name i think MmmmmMagruter!

I got 2 names, one i don't really use any more but it was my name in JKII

Narco-Sleepy. this name came from a movie called gunshy, and there were these 2 guys sittin at a table, ones a Federal agent under cover, and he is talkin to a hitman. the FA, was having a mental breakdown so he was on medication, and he was drugged up, and they were talking, and the hit man goes to him, "they say u can tell what a person is thinking by lookin in their eyes" " you, look, sleepy..., not tired sleepy or drugged up sleepy, but like u got that wierd sleepin disease.... narco-sleepy".

don't quote me on that, but its the jist of where the name came from

Maxim- comes from a game called Lufia and the fortress of doom. which a great RPG for the snes. But it means a fundamental principle or practice, or another deffinition is a short statement explaining ur beliefs.

well, I had a few names, one day i put in nofx and for some reason it stayed... nofx has somewhat gained a little more popularity since I chose the name, but I still have people call me

nofix and nofox

for you newbs its pronounce "no-eff-ex"

I did have blue hair in high school 6 years ago.....Im not punk at all anymore, but I still listen to the music

well, my friend {GpL}TheGeek998 has this Grapple clan thing, dont ask me how the crap he named it; apparently he saw Grapples in the grocery store one day and decided it would be a good clan name...somehow......so anyway, thats the explaination of our wierd clan name. also to join his clan, we needed to not only impress him, but also come up with a strange word that was actually a word in the dictionary that is very unusual. so i looked through my AP English terms from last year, (lol much easier) and found ephemeral. "Lasting for a markedly brief time" (i REALLY suked at the time, and it wasnt until just a few weeks ago that i actually made it in to the clan, but i decided to just keep the name because its kinda funny now lol) so thats MY story! (also, that little grapple out whoosh thing is just something funny we say: grapple is pretty self explanatory, and the whoosh is like superman flying away; conen made fun of that noise on his late night show once, and we all though it was really funny.)

Well my in game name means I'l the Pastor of a church. I know it's a stretch lol.

My real name means "Beloved of God - Chosen of God - Pride of his country"

And I googles Saris and came up with this: SARIS Sexual Assault Referral and Information Service" lol

Good to see you helping your community

Edited by Preacher

Well as the n00b ephemeral was saying, our clan name is Grapple, not because of the grape flavored apple but because of the grappling hook. I can call him a n00b because i see him playing in person and he is on my clan. His real name is noah. so if you guys want to harass him in the game and call him noah that would be great! rofl. and if you could change your names to amanda that would be great too, noah will get the joke. and the woosh is actualy from a phone message from one of the clan members discombulated, he is kinda wierd. and the grapple out came from ryan seacrest from american idol, (we dont watch it) we think its so dumb how he says "ryan seacrest out" so we made "grapple out".

Grapple out

{GpL}TheGeek998

Woooooosh!!!

Rashad comes from the word Rasht which is a city of northwest Iran near the Caspian Sea east-southeast of Tabriz. It is a trade and silk-producing center. The people from the town were called Rashad's which referred to them as traders.

Rashad comes from the word Rasht which is a city of northwest Iran near the Caspian Sea east-southeast of Tabriz. It is a trade and silk-producing center. The people from the town were called Rashad's which referred to them as traders.

I Johnny Carson voice:

"I did not know that....That's some wierd wild stuff."

Well as the n00b ephemeral was saying, our clan name is Grapple, not because of the grape flavored apple but because of the grappling hook. I can call him a n00b because i see him playing in person and he is on my clan. His real name is noah. so if you guys want to harass him in the game and call him noah that would be great! rofl. and if you could change your names to amanda that would be great too, noah will get the joke. and the woosh is actualy from a phone message from one of the clan members discombulated, he is kinda wierd. and the grapple out came from ryan seacrest from american idol, (we dont watch it) we think its so dumb how he says "ryan seacrest out" so we made "grapple out".

Grapple out

{GpL}TheGeek998

Woooooosh!!!

lol sam is such a n00b that he can't even get his signature to work. hey everybody, check out sams totally n00by signature!!!

lol, so that's just common knowledge?