PIZZA!!

Magruter

Mmmm Chicago style from Giordano's was my favorite...but the best pizza I've ever had came from Water Tower food court. I haven't bought a Giordano's since I first had it...it's a traditional style hand-tossed. I used to walk home down Michigan avenue to catch a slice sometimes or wake up on Saturday and go there for lunch.

http://www.deepdishpizza.com/vendors/malnatis/

ships overnight anywhere in the usa

I love pizza <3 :)

with the price of gas remember that delivery charge doesn't cover the cost of just going back and forth to someones house/aprt. no numbers on house----doorbell doesn't work----phone disconnected/busy with no answer at the door with food--- car insurance-- speeding tickets-- dogs-- bee's---snow/ice slipping with food--- wasted people--- scary people--- people that go shopping after ordering or take a shower or have sex....dog poop all over the yard grrr.... no money only credit card in hand? swipe this where again? robbed/physically threatened wow I could go on....but you get the idea?

don't forget to tip your driver

funny website good reading

http://www.tipthepizzaguy.com/

edit one other thing have your money ready and by the door the whole transaction should not take more than 20 seconds just to let you know!

--------------------------------------------

Please tip the driver

Some people are not aware of this. I didn't know for a long time. You're supposed to tip the pizza delivery driver like you tip the waiter. They rely on tips and use their own car. This site will explore your questions about tipping and how you can speed up the delivery time.

Your tips are greatly appreciated. It's what keeps drivers moving.

Do they earn the tip?

Absolutely. Drivers perform a service by bringing dinner to your door. They take on financial costs and difficulties, more than most people realize. Pizza delivery is considered a hazardous job by the US government. They are third most likely to be murdered on the job, right after police officer and taxi driver.

Edited by w8t4time

There was one place in Madison that had a pizza called the Cardiac Arrest... Had about every possible type of meat and cheese in a huge mess of goodness. I actually had a sauerkraut and bratwurst pizza at this specialty pizza chain once. It was really good but kind of odd.

bet you all didn't know that there is a big difference when cows are eating real grass the cheese is so much better than when the cows eat hay in the winter!

same with the dough always better when the humidity and temp are perfect it rises just right yeast doesn't grow well in too hot or cold extremes

pizza hut uses 70% of the worlds cheese fact!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_pizza

The Chicago-style "deep-dish" pizza was invented at Pizzeria Uno in Chicago in 1943, arguably by Uno's founder Ike Sewell, a former University of Texas football star. However, a 1956 article from the Chicago Daily News asserts that Uno's original pizza chef Rudy Malnati developed the recipe [1]. The pizza begins with a simple, often very thick, crust (made with olive oil and often cornmeal) in a deep round pan, parbaked before the toppings are added to give it greater spring. The top of the crust is lined with meats and/or vegetables while the sides rise to the top of the pan. Mozzarella cheese is added atop the meats, vegetables, or whatever other topping are used, and then a layer of crushed tomatoes is ladled over the top and the whole pizza is baked to completion. Deep-dish pizza is often eaten with a knife and fork, since its thickness and occasional messiness do not lend themselves to eating with the fingers as is often the case for thin-crust pizza. Other famous deep-dish restaurants in Chicago include Gino's East and Lou Malnati's.

Edited by w8t4time

Chicago Style is pretty good...I've never actually had a true New York Style pizza but my personal favorite would have to be St. Louis Style (strange since I'm from St. Louis...oh wait that's not strange).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis-style_pizza

If you've never had Cecil Whittakers or Imo's...you're missing out on something great.

I gotta admit...that pizza looks mighty tasty...I was never a huge fan of chitown za