Number of people for OHIO LAN

Mini_Me

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like things are really coming along. I hope that we can make this 18+ for the same reason as many other, to see more ppl. Markers was a great idea. I.D. at the door and mark em up if not 21+. I'll even bring the "We I.D.!" sign. ;) Also the trans in my camry went out on me last week so I won't be driving up from FL in it. Can someone come pick me up?

Actually I'm getting rid of it and now have a wonderfull family "wagon" :/ So I got room for about 3-4 w/ equipment :) So anyone that wants to catch a ride/carpool let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Ok, if we make this deally 18+, just a couple remarks i don't want to see or hear.

1. If any underage nub is caught drinking instant ban from the community and all functions. Including the LAN party, we'll throw you in a cab and make your parents pay for it when you get home.

2. I don't want to hear from any underagers, "Man Magurter is really passed out let's go write on his face."

3. I don't want to hear, "Dude Magruter is probably the most drunk person here."

4. I don't want to hear, "Magruter isn't breathing call an ambulance, No wait, check out fatty's triple nad kill."

But hey most of all if we do make this PARTY +18 then seriously no underagers are to drink, smell, or touch alcohol. We you can touch it in one case, when your grabbing me a beer. But if i catch anyone drinking underage and get arrested or fined, i will do horrible things to you and your family... So i am pro +18 but these are my conditions. There may be a couple of more to come...

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I'm all for that, Mag. Remember kids: drinking is bad for you!! :D

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests
lots of discussion about the alcohol.  I dont know why anyone hasnt came up with the wristband idea....  U could put a wristband on somone and not give them any beer if they dont have a wristband...it might work, you never know!

well...the person cpuld just rip the band off....mayb give the ppl that can drink the bands

Some advise...dunno if this helps in Ohio, talk to MrX about this. Put up signs stating the drinking policy and check ID's. The armband thing couldnt hurt, all this will protect those who are overage from any legal repurcussions...i think 8P)

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

lets make it 16+ if ur going to make it 18+ im very mature when i want to be....Come on u got to let the deprived ones in on something :(

I've been in the "currently residing in the where are they now file" lately and not sure when I'll be active again but I'll definitely come to the lan to see you all again.

I will be there pending the what the government says, I can pick someone up on the way up there too, Right now i live in Penscola Fl, in august i dont know where i be, hopefully not Iraq but i am only 18 so if the age limit is 21 i cant go. :ph34r:

Is this being held next to a police station or something? :huh:

Under 18, just can't happen realistically; would require their parents to be present the entire time, which isn't going to happen.

18+ you're safe. For the most part in Ohio, the 18 year old is responsible for themselves. As long as you don't give it to them, you're safe.

Simple enough solution: BYOB. Anyone under 21 gets the boot if they're caught with any of it or show up smelling of it. If you provide it to anyone under 21, you're shown the door also.

I agree with X but i would go to one other extreme. Any underager caught drinking will be removed from the premisis, the parents will be called to pick them up, and the offender will be kicked out of the community for good, no questions asked...

I'm working on a fatty rubber stamp, for the people who can drink :P

J/K I think wrist bans would work, anyone work in a bar???

Zap! You're alive man! Gonna be fun to see you again.

As for the drinks...WHY is this such a big problem? And for those of you who didn't go last year (most of those posting) THERE IS NO BAR. The beer's stuck in 4 ice chest's on the floor. Hard liquor courtesy of redeyez (where is he? he better show up at the LAN) is behind the counter. Those who want to drink walk over to the cooler, open the lid, and grab a beer. We're making a huge deal out of this and really it's all stupid. Eighteen and over will be fine. We're not having a wild party where the county sherrif is going to drop in and arrest people. If a few underage people walk over to the coolers and get their own beer, eh, what the hell. If we got three days, they'd better know enough to be sober when it's time to drive home. I drove from Iowa last year, and am doing it again this year. I had 4 cans of bud and 1 bottle of mexican tinkle during the 9 hours I was there. Around 3 in the morning, I got in the car totally sober and drove home. What I mean is, if someone's chuggin the brew, we're gonna notice it, and at that point we can step in if needed. Those who are more level headed anyway. I'll be 20. I plan on having a few beers. However, I'm not going to get anywhere close to drunk. Last year I drank beer because I like it, and cuz it was what there was to drink. We're a good community. Those over 18 here are pretty responsible. You all can control yourselves in the server, I don't think we'll be having any problems with people drowning themselves in beer. Specially when they didn't pay for it.

*cough* *cough*

Those of you underagers that want to drink....

Give me some facts, get me some legal ramifications if the police were to come by, who is at fault, fines, prison time, are the 21+people all gonna get 500$ tickets for contributing to a minor.

Bring me some facts, then we might discuss the fact that underagers might have a beer or two. I drank when i was underage, but i only got myself into trouble.

As For right now, i'm still saying bring a 12 pack of coke, and get buzzed off of caffine. Because i'm sorry to say the law is the law...

zaaaaaaaapppppp, h0lla mofo.

ok, this is stupid. how many underage people have never drank before and are actually going to this to drink for the first time? ive been drunk numerous times before at frat parties and date parties [cough] ahem, anyways, my point it, no one under 18 should goto this hoping to get tinkle drunk for the first time. its a lan party... if 21 up want to drink, let em, then toy with them. if I see fat getting wasted, you can expect to see my signature on his forehead, take a picture, and make that my avatar :lol:

anyways, if phat spliff and I do go, we are taking a plane and red said he could pick up people from the airport and if not, theres always a cab. we both play on laptops so it ain't no thing. and what is the chance of cops just driving up to a LAN PARTY and trying to bust it? :rolleyes:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

lol, if i wanted to get drunk, i'd just stay at home and go to a party... but i'm going to this so I can play computer games with my nerdy friends! not get drunk. the only thing i'm gonna be drinkin is red bull and bawls and maybe some pepsi and waawaa. :ph34r:;)

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
the parents will be called to pick them up,

lol

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

Edited cause it was off topic. Peace.

TeK