E6600 Core 2 Duo

Thermaltake Big Typhoon

eVga 8800GTX 768mb video card

750w Silverstone Modular PSU

Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM HD

2GB DDR2 800 Buffalo Firestix

LIAN LI PC-V1000BPLUSII W Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I will always update this with benchmarks and thoughts

This is a WIP, I dont yet have the case, UPS is being very slow with it so I only got so far.

I was gonna put it all together without a case but the 8800GTX is so big and heavy I could not keep it standing up straight, I need to screw it into the case.

My Two Favorite Components

IMG_0030.JPG

Mobo with Typhoon

IMG_0032.JPG

Typhoon was very easy to install IMO

IMG_0033.JPG

This is a MONSTER!!!!! Huge video card

IMG_0034.JPG

Why would you need to take that off? Normally heatsinks attach via the clips beside the cpu. Heck, I actually recommend getting a new case. :biglaugha:

no its a plate you put on with the heatsink, the case is top of the line, and my dream case so its not going anywhere :) the heatsink goes past the edge of the motherboard thus making it hit the side of my case. not the side but the bottom plate by the psu

11-112-118-09.JPG

take a photo so we know what you're talking about.

replaced it with the stock hsf for right now

im on the new comp right now getting source set up to test it out, what temps are ok? im getting 39c installing and running all the drivers and copying files on my network.

I'm hoping to get a new rig. My wifes brother has 9 million dollars, and I short of asked for a GOOD computer for xmas. He's a gamer, and he just spend 6k on a new dell. He's got the top Dell gaming system. When I pulled the side of his case off, I almost cried at his SLI nvidia cards. :( I'm actually hoping to get about that same rig. Maybe i'll own you faster in Source. haha just kidding.

replaced it with the stock hsf for right now

im on the new comp right now getting source set up to test it out, what temps are ok? im getting 39c installing and running all the drivers and copying files on my network.

That sounds right. My rig runs at around 27-35c at idle, and no more than 40 at load (I think, Ill check when I get home from school). Anyway, its certainly not bad for stock.

Let us know how many fps you get with all maxed settings, and native res on that LCD (even though you probably use vsync normally).

i keep getting an hl2.exe error as soon as i launch css

I copied my directory over from my old comp which i have done before, weird error.

I dont even go to the css screen, just waits 2-3 seconds then gives me that error. Im trying a fresh install of Steam and CSS and gonna see if that clears it up.