Post your gaming setup

Cujo

(edited)

Been wanting to make this topic for a while. I just got everything cleaned up so I thought I'd record the occasion.

Far View

farviewta8.jpg

Close Overhead View

closeoverheadcd0.jpg

just thought i'd add a couple things for description.

the monitors on my desk are both dell monitors. a 24inch for most uses and a 15inch turned sideways for msn and ventrillo.

my audio system consists of a relatively cheap panasonic SA-HE75 receiver i picked up a couple years ago. the speakers are technics 3 way floor speakers with 10inch woofers and the big black box in the corner is a passive 12inch cerwin vega sub. the box next to my receiver is my bell expressvu satellite HD box. the pink cable coming out of the front of my computer is an optical cable.

you also may have noticed the doors are missing from my armor case. they flap around too much in transit to lan parties so i removed them.

oh and i discovered the little dot on the carpet below my desk just in front of the power bar is a dead spider.

Edited by Cujo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

playaa, i put my whole arms on the desk. i can game for hours with no discomfort.

m2, it's a sick desk. VERY strong. i used to have my 21inch beast on it with no give at all. i've had it about 3 years and it still looks brand new.

Edited by Cujo

Very nice. That's the monitor my school uses in their engineering labs.

Only things i would change is get a bigger mousepad and bring the snacks closer lol. I'll take a 640x480 blurry webcam pic of my setup in a bit

lol, i've been looking at a bigger mousepad. none of them have the same feel though. and they're not as thick.

mag, i've seen the phone in a movie too. i can't remember which one but i yelled out "hey, that's my phone!".

lol, dark. the flag and the mousepad are cool for you then?

(edited)

How to frag like mo:

-32" LCD HD TV for gaming

-19" Samsung LCD for browsing, etc.

-G15 - love it

-medusa 5.1's

-razer diamondback plasma

-ratpadz

-crappy work lap top

*EDIT - sorry for giving anyone a stroke.. :).. and No - didn't go to AU - it's covering a hole in the wall..

apt010jk3uv5.jpg

Edited by mohawk

Computer space:

desk001bcz6.jpg

-Dell 24" (same as cujo's. does that make me cool yet? )

-Sony 755 watt 6.1 running w/ optical

-cheap Sony headphones ($40)

-Microsoft media keyboard/ G5

-desk from staples ($300 on for $100 :D )

-chair from staples (someone was moving, i got it for free)

-Toshiba dvd player (component into monitor)

-empty plate with left over spaghetti sauce. mmmmm

Other side of my bedroom:

picture003bhk8.jpg

-Line6 Spider II (2x12)

-revamped squier w/ EMG 81 and 85 (85 on bridge)

-Happy Bunny decal. My fav is "You're ugly. Please die." :D :D Happy Bunny rocks!

Edit: sorry, the pics were just not working before. They are now, i fixed it.

Edited by DarkArchon

tekgame.jpg

CoolerMaster Stacker case (ignore the week's worth of dust, plz)

22" acer LCD

Goblin sculpture in iron by Eric Mart

Logitech G7

Logitech MX1000

FuncPad F10.S extra large mousing surface

WolfKing Warrior Gaming pad

Logitech multimedia Keyboard

Desk from Target

Sennheiser Headset

Asante 4-port router (with print server)

RCA cable modem

Spool of DVD+DL

Gil Hibbon throwing knife

Sharpie marker

Biology textbook as monitor stand

Rubber tarantula, I've hand since 1982

Far Cry game disk

Humidor for my smokes

various and sundry alcohol containers...

Chair from Staples

My setup used to be much cooler (posters, extra 22" monitor, speakers...) but had to cut down after moving, because I am now relegated to a small corner of the basement.

doh.

first off...you people aren't using mousepads...you're using mattresses without springs.

second...I JUST "upgraded" from 17" CRT to 19" widescreen flat panel with my new pc and you folks are making me want to cry.

first off...you people aren't using mousepads...you're using mattresses without springs.

second...I JUST "upgraded" from 17" CRT to 19" widescreen flat panel with my new pc and you folks are making me want to cry.

ii just did the same... like 2 days ago...

but i got a question, umm when you use more than 1 monitor, how do you set it up that you can browse in 1 and play CS in the other? doesnt the mouse control only CS and you cant browse then? im confuzzled!

i'd love to use my other monitor as a browsing one.. .but i dunno how to do these things!

you can't use both at the same time. you have to still alt tab when you're in the game to do things on the other monitor. it's really ghetto and it's windows' fault. even vista doesn't fix it...

(edited)
you can't use both at the same time. you have to still alt tab when you're in the game to do things on the other monitor. it's really ghetto and it's windows' fault. even vista doesn't fix it...

I believe you can play css in windows mode - and browse on the other monitor. Otherwise, as soon as you click the desktop of the other monitor, css minimizes.

Edited by mohawk