And you made fun of our $1 coin!

anonymo

i lost coins to easily... $1 coins are dangerous

when are get going to get credit sticks?

i already live off my debit card >_>

exactly... thats all i use.. we don't need coins.. i never use them.

Well, America use to have a coin worth 2.5 dollars. Thats right, 250 cents. They were called a 'Quarter Eagle' and were minted until 1925. America also use to have a three dollar coin called appropriatly 'The Three Dollar Peice', a 4 dollar coin called 'Stella' (odd name), a 5 dollar coin 'Half Eagle', the 10 dollar 'Eagle' coin, and a 20 dollar 'Double Eagle' coin. Oh, and of course the 50 dollar American Buffalo coin.

Useless info I know, but thats what I'm all about heh :)

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

$2 bills are cool, but for making change they're even more useless than a 10-spot. The only reason they keep minting $1 coins is for vending machines that change a lot of money, like ones that vend stamps or sandwiches.

$2 bills are cool, but for making change they're even more useless than a 10-spot. The only reason they keep minting $1 coins is for vending machines that change a lot of money, like ones that vend stamps or sandwiches.

It might also have something to do with the fact that coins are amazingly cheaper to maintain in circulation than paper money...and for a country with a wad the size of yours...I'd be willing to do anything to get people to use coins over bills. (except for your nickels...which cost more to produce than are worth)

All we Canadians do all day is spy on you guys...jeez

(except for your nickels...which cost more to produce than are worth)

so are our pennies...

I dont see what is wrong with people. How hard is it to switch to a coin? If they slowly quit printing dollar bills, I guarentee you people will start using coins...

We don't need pennies either.. Im going back to Norway tomorrow, where the coins are actually worth something and the price on shelf is the price you pay the person that is ringing it up. Its much much easier than someone handing you three pennies and a nickel.... they might as well just give you a bag of rocks because they are worth about the same...

Edited by NOFX