Any good?

duma

I played TF1 but never really got into it. I like this version a lot better. Just my 2 cents...

Another old school FPS gamer... awesome. How could you NOT like the original version? The awesome intro, the quake graphics, spies feigning death...

I played TF1 but never really got into it. I like this version a lot better. Just my 2 cents...

Another old school FPS gamer... awesome. How could you NOT like the original version? The awesome intro, the quake graphics, spies feigning death...

I found it to be too repetitive. There were not many maps either. The few maps that existed were basically the same thing with a slight twist. However, I use to love being an Engineer and setting up the big guns on one door. That was fun.

I found it to be too repetitive. There were not many maps either. The few maps that existed were basically the same thing with a slight twist. However, I use to love being an Engineer and setting up the big guns on one door. That was fun.

get TF2 and you can build sentry's all day!! we need engineers, no one ever wants to be one.

Engineering is fun, but Pyro is better. Nothing like seeing people run away from you screaming I'm on fire!

I've started getting into the pyro class... it's especially great if there are 3 or 4 people clustered together and you charge in causing havoc.

anyone think that TF2 is going to have enough staying power here? I don't want to invest in another game that's going to be dying out in this community in three months, and I've been looking for a CS replacement as it's gotten stale for me.

anyone think that TF2 is going to have enough staying power here? I don't want to invest in another game that's going to be dying out in this community in three months, and I've been looking for a CS replacement as it's gotten stale for me.

While whether it will stay for GC is in question it definitely seems to have a lot of people playing it... :\

• 2 weeks later...

TF2 has crappy hit reg like cs. Hard as all get out to hit a scout. Takes far too long to throw a nade. Takes nearly a whole round to build a level 3 sg, if your not being shot at already. Medic beam should be considered a hack as it makes it even harder to kill whomever your trying to kill if there behind them. Get killed faster in tf2 than tfc. I played tfc when it started and was hoping for great things with TF2 but sadly not. Maybe over the next 8 years there will be an improvment but with valve making updates that dont really help gameplay wise Im not sure.:unsure:

I want nades!

And Rev -- if I'm by the respawn point, I can have the sentry gun up to level 3 in about 1.5 minutes. Other areas, it takes ~3 minutes. Build a dispenser, grab nearby ammo to get metal, upgrade. Want me to show you how sometime? Xfire me. :)

I want nades!

And Rev -- if I'm by the respawn point, I can have the sentry gun up to level 3 in about 1.5 minutes. Other areas, it takes ~3 minutes. Build a dispenser, grab nearby ammo to get metal, upgrade. Want me to show you how sometime? Xfire me. :)

Yes its true you can build a sentry fairly quickly, but when you have a 5 minute round and it takes 3.5 of that, with dedicated supplies close by, thats just silly. I got kicked from a server 3 or 4 times for building sg\dispencers in places they didnt like. But thats an admin issue. Plus their on you in 30 secs all the while your trying to build that dispencer. Seems no better than Quake now. I played old tf up to the release of tf2 and its just not the same. I like to at least survive a round before some kid takes me out with amazing scout speed backed up by that lame medic beam. Ill try it a few more times but so far its just not good enough of a game. I know a lot of you like it and it looks promising, but as a loooonnnggggg time tfc vet, its just not the game we were all waiting for. :smillie_smilling: