Gas is $2.99 here

Shazz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if gas gets to 2.00$ i will be so happy... 10$ 5 gallons! no way... my car would cost like 20 bucks to fill!

I remember when people thought that 2 dollars a gallon was a lot of money.

I remember when $1.00 a gallon was unthinkably expensive.

Shaftiel

old..

I only use gas from Shell.. But the cheapest I see their gas here (San Diego County) is 3.49 (89 octane). It was 3.39 a few weeks ago and man was I happy. =]

The closest Shell station to my house charges 4.69 (89 Octane), so I actually have to drive a few miles out of my way to reach one that charges me 3.49. Soon my RX7 will be up and running and I'll be forced to move up to 91 Octane. =[

what gen of rx7 you got?

$2.29 today!

Oh, I'm driving my brother's honda civic at the moment.

I have a 1990 RX7 GXL though. It came non-turbo from the factory. Close to... 240k miles and engine died. So! It is currently undergoing a turbo swap! I'm so excited! Of course, there goes 6-7k of my money but I think it's worth it. I love my FC. And I plan on dropping over 20k into it by the time I say it's done. It's going to be FAST! Bwahahahaha. =]

Yeah, after around 200,000 miles you can expect pretty much everything to fall apart. But you can expect that from any car.

Rust isn't bad. Again, an 18 year old car so there is rust. For now it'll just continue to rust. Probably cut out panels if I find any serious spots and just weld in a new piece. In 2-3 years or so I'll give the car a chemical bath but it'll hold up fine for now. But that's basically when I plan to get a new paint job.

I'm going to swap in a Jspec motor. Hopefully low miles and good compression. They average around 50,000 miles. It should last me a few years. When it dies I will completely rebuild it with a bridge port and a bunch of other mods. For now, I'll be focusing on reliability mods and mods that I will be keeping after the rebuild.

My goal for the car is to run it in the modified class at the RedLine Time Attack. I probably won't be racing but my cousin works for Dieter Heinz so I get some nice discounted parts and event passes. I personally don't know him besides the time my cousin introduced me to the guy. But I love cars that go fast.

It's going to be a long and painful build up process. But I love my FC. If I was given a Ferrari.. I would sell it and buy another FC. Then dump more money into the FC. =]

And Yes, it is a second gen. Yes, it has a wankel. =]

Yeah i payed 3 bucks couple days ago... and i have been seeing places for 2.97 and costco around here is only 2.84!

know how i said this not 2 days ago? i filled up my tank today for 25$ 10 gallons 2.55$ a gal..

wow.

i was shocked.. and it wasn't cheapo.

• 2 weeks later...