A day I will never forget.

ZeroDamage

23 years ago to this day, the Challenger exploded at launch. I remember this day because it was my birthday and a bunch of my friends from our 3rd grade class took the bus home with me for a party. My father was mad that I did not understand and was happy that it was my birthday. I will never forget that day.

I also remember Reagan's speech on this disaster. I remember the importance of this launch because of the first teacher that was on the crew. I remember even way back then the news broadcasts about the importance of the launch. I just did not understand the impact of the disaster at my age plus the fact I was having a party that day.

First of all, happy birthday!

Secondly, I was too young to really remember it when it happened, but I did a school presentation about it in 4th grade and learned a whole lot about it. Something we definitely should not forget.

HBD ZD!!

This day is similar to 911 which I will never forget. I was watching it live on TV in my 6th grade class. I remember my teacher going "Oh no!" when it blew up, they didn't send us home early though. They talked to us about the tragety for the rest of the day.

I was in 6th grade and I remember coming home and crying. I was such a big fan of the shuttle program (had an inflatable one hanging from my ceiling in bedroom). I had a model shuttle cockpit I had constructed from a refrigerator box and lots of markers in my basement. Hours of fun!

I also remember, because my grandfather died on the same day.

Bad times.

I was in 6th grade and I remember coming home and crying. I was such a big fan of the shuttle program (had an inflatable one hanging from my ceiling in bedroom). I had a model shuttle cockpit I had constructed from a refrigerator box and lots of markers in my basement. Hours of fun!

I also remember, because my grandfather died on the same day.

Bad times.

harsh day..

I wasn't born... but i was alive for the other space ship flying explosion...

saaaad