Dreams/Dreaming

TheLaw

Well I have been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately specifically WvW this morning I woke myself up from dreaming because I was dreaming I was still playing the game. These type of dream are very common with me and usually involve the game I am currently hooked on at the moment for example DOTA2, CS:S, and Starcraft.

I am posting this to see if we have any dream experts or lucid dreamers here in the forums because these dreams are so realistic it is hard to tell if i am dreaming or i am actually playing the game. :sleep:

I remember my dream early this morning.

I was sleeping in this tall donkey building overlooking the city and there was a thunderstorm coming. Then it started raining heavily and for some odd reason I had a open roof. So I try to get back to sleep despite the rain pouring on me. Then I woke up from the dream and notice I was late for work for 30 minutes.

My alarm wasn't turn on

• Like 1

Well I have been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately specifically WvW this morning I woke myself up from dreaming because I was dreaming I was still playing the game. These type of dream are very common with me and usually involve the game I am currently hooked on at the moment for example DOTA2, CS:S, and Starcraft.

I am posting this to see if we have any dream experts or lucid dreamers here in the forums because these dreams are so realistic it is hard to tell if i am dreaming or i am actually playing the game. :sleep:

Crap, was I in your dream??

Edit: What was I wearing?

Edited by VooDooPC

I don't know whether i'm lucky or not, but I can recall most of my dreams. Psychologists say that average person remembers only last dream of a night (rest), however we are able to see multiple dreams during one night (rest). In addition, the last dreams we see, in most cases, are product of our imagination and don't carry any specific meaning.

Myself, I besides that I remember my dreams, I've written some of them down.

Regarding your dreams, when your brain (mind) is overloaded with sort of useless information, brain subconsciously cleans it up, while you see a dream, especially about games, it plays all wrong memories in whatever order, and this why your dreams sometimes look like total surrealistic movie.

Edited by walkingCat

GC Alumni

For some reason, I really have a hard time remembering my dreams :( I used to remember them, esp if I had a nightmare, but haven't had one in a loooong time

You can't dream if never sleep, lousiest..

Edited by Biggs
  • Like 1

From my knowledge, the deep lucid state of dreams your mind is taking in all the information from you life and trying to prepare for the future. For your dreams your actually studying for game experience for future skills. "Dreams are not simply wild imaginings but play a significant part in all our lives as they have an impact on our memories, the ability to learn, and our mental health."

I WATCH A LOT OF DOCUMENTARIES, not an expert lol

Edited by IRPwnage

i used to referee ice hockey. when tournaments came around, we'd be on the ice for 2-3 games. each game has 3 periods, 20 minutes of stop time. with the exception of short breaks at periods and between games, you're effectively skating for 4-5 hours before you can take your skates off...and then another 2-3 games. it was brutally exhausting, especially knowing you had to get up the next day for the finals.

i'd go home after being exhausted on the ice all day, watch tv, then fall asleep. i'd have dreams that i was still on the ice, but lose control of a couple players. that'd turn into a brawl, we'd break it up, but there would be some player that i couldn't account for -- either left the box early, never went to the box, something. i'd dart up in bed, completely convinced i was supposed to still be on the ice, and looking around for a good 3-5 minutes before reality set back in.

yeah, little bit weird.

I have great dreams. I had one last night that I still have to piece together, but here's one I had about a year ago. It may have foul language that I forgot to censor, as I only vaguely edited it from a log I made.

The first part I remember is where I've broken in to the offices in some warehouse, looking for spare parts for something. I can't find them, but I find a phone list of other places that could possibly have them, so I try one and this lady picks up. I ask if she's got this part, and she's all suspicious. I then ask what model of a certain piece of equipment she has, and she says 17A. So, being soooo smart, I say 'well, I need this type of fan belt, and it's very hard to find, but I remember that model 17A had issues with the fan belts, so I imagine you should have extras!' She goes and checks, comes back and confirms this. I wait til later, go over to that warehouse and find this part, which turns out not to be a fan belt at all, but what looks like a power drill, but is actually a ghostbusters gun. It comes with 2 cartridges of whatever ammunition it uses, but I find a third and steal that too. Then my partner in crime (who happens to be Bill Murray) phones me and tells me not to be greedy. Any way, I have the gun/drill/whatever, and I'm making my way out of the warehouse when the power goes out. I stop, and everything is dead silent, when suddenly I hear this massive crash, and I see this huge robot coming toward me! I fumble with my gun thing, but the battery pack keeps falling off, and I nearly drop all the cartridges of stuff. Anyway, I manage to shoot it, and it falls over, not moving. I'm shaking, and I slowly make my way to the exit. Then the power comes back on, and suddenly there are a bunch of people there, just working. Bill Murray comes in and tells me we have to go, so on my way out, I stop in the cafeteria and drink some water, and next to the water there's a plastic bag full of twizzlers. A man comes up, takes a small twizzler, uses it to scrape all this white powder on the counter in to a line, snorts it, says, 'I'm a f***ing millionaire!', and walks away. We leave, and Bill tells me that we have to sleep in the car, which looks like a white pontiac sunfire, but has 3 rows of seating and 6 doors. I put the gun thing in the front seat, and crawl in to the back. I ask why we have to sleep in the car, and he says because we can't afford food (?). I look across the street at the 7-11, and it's listing taquitos as 1 for 9$. I say 's**t, you're right' and I fall asleep.

• Like 2

GC Coalition Member

Best dreams are nighmares with a sf serial killer (like jason, freddy ,etc) You try to escape but at the end he get you. Weirdly, every time i tell them something like "kill me you * ) and then wake up. Always, my next dream is a sex one. Finish with something fun, right?

I had another messed up dream awhile back.

I was in the rainforest, and I had a cat on a leash. This cat had super mangy fur, and its eyeballs were inside out. I've never seen an inside out eyeball IRL, but I just knew that these were inside out eyeballs. You know how dreams are. Anyway, this cat led me through the forest to a clearing where this one gigantic tree stood. Suddenly this jaguar-type cat appears at the top of it (its name was Ayla, and the best explanation I could figure is that my subconscious was making a Chrono Trigger reference). Ayla yells 'SEIZE HIM!', and all these vines shoot out from the tree, wrap me up tightly and starts dragging me up the trunk. As I'm moving upward, a weird light-brown coloured shell starts forming a dome around the tree. Ayla yells 'Stop! He is the chosen one!'

Then I woke up.

I also had another dream where I was given a roadcase full of waffle seeds and told to plant them in a carpeted floor. I was disappointed upon waking to find that waffle seeds are not a thing.

• Like 1