Jackie Pathing Demo

JackieChan

(edited)

He doesn't narrate with words...he narrates with bullets. Nice job Jackie!

Hey one quick question, at 8:50 (

), what song is that? I've heard it before, and I'm thinking FFVII?

Lovin the battletoads song at 12:30

Edited by Fenix

Amazingly awesome, however I have a few comments/suggestions.

Arrows I think are needed (like the one we see at

), otherwise survivors are going to almost constantly be talking down vent as to where to go, or rather, where not to go. So as much as this makes this harder, it needs to be obvious as to where the route goes rather than making blind dead ends. Having no arrows means a team without people using microphones (which I see a lot) are at an instant massive disadvantage.

How to bots deal with these adjustments?

, I think this maybe a little too harsh?

, This might make it easier for survivors, since its usually a problem to get people in the lift, now the infected don't really have an option for getting people out?

, could you not block it at the bottom of the ladder?

, all these walls in the maze, could they be burnable, say on some sort of longish timer (eg. I buy a Molotov and purposefully burn a wall down)?

, potential nurf to infected, as it leaves no where to spawn to charge back up the ramp? (admittedly its never really a great move but still)

Also there's a fence in the hard rain finale (when you turn the burger tank sign on) on top of the semi truck, I presume its to stop people rocketing in over the truck, could that get removed?

Can't wait for this to go on the server though.

(edited)

I'm not even close to finishing it. I still have to do the L4D1 campaigns.

Video forthcoming.

Maybe upload them level by level as they become available? :D <3

And jackie, have we all told you we love you lately?

Edited by Soap

Also there's a fence in the hard rain finale (when you turn the burger tank sign on) on top of the semi truck, I presume its to stop people rocketing in over the truck, could that get removed?

I just assumed this was to stop people from going back? to the safe house area

I have noticed on some different paths that they seem to be ezier for the survivors.

Amazingly awesome, however I have a few comments/suggestions.

Arrows I think are needed (like the one we see at

), otherwise survivors are going to almost constantly be talking down vent as to where to go, or rather, where not to go. So as much as this makes this harder, it needs to be obvious as to where the route goes rather than making blind dead ends. Having no arrows means a team without people using microphones (which I see a lot) are at an instant massive disadvantage.

How to bots deal with these adjustments?

I tried to make it as "noob friendly" as possible. Because if a person knows the map and one route is blocked, naturally they'll see if another route is available nearby to take. Besides, they can just follow the other 9 people in the level.

Anything that isn't a human player is going to have a really difficult time navigating. Meaning this isn't very common infected and bot friendly. Bots will teleport to a human player, or through an obstacle if stuck. Common infected and SI will just stupidly make love to the wall.

, I think this maybe a little too harsh?

I'm an a-hole like that.

, This might make it easier for survivors, since its usually a problem to get people in the lift, now the infected don't really have an option for getting people out?

Yeah, I thought about that over the years. I'm thinking about changing it so it blocks the way it forces you to go instead.

It's easier for me to block at the top of ladders.

, all these walls in the maze, could they be burnable, say on some sort of longish timer (eg. I buy a Molotov and purposefully burn a wall down)?

Nope, can't be burnable.

, potential nurf to infected, as it leaves no where to spawn to charge back up the ramp? (admittedly its never really a great move but still)

That charge spot was never that good anyway.

It's there to stop people from going back to the saferoom.

Hey one quick question, at 8:50 (
), what song is that? I've heard it before, and I'm thinking FFVII?

It's from Chrono Trigger.

Jackie like fence! Jackie go crazy for fence!!!

Amazing modifications...this will definitely make nubs ragequit finally lol

btw...i hate the face you cant spawn as infected behind those fences :(

Fences are the easiest thing ot use when blocking paths, lol.

ooo! Does this mean the gate is down at the start of Hard Rain?

No, those will still be there.

a lot of nice additions I like the making players have to go the long way, only issue on a couple of spots is you nerf the infected death charges or possibly nice hit spots... guess we just need to change our tactics hehe.

nice work jackie

I dunno about the chargers thing. The more you force the Survivors to line up or funnel them down a corridor/hallway, the more multi-charge bumps you can get if you charge them backwards from the front of the corridor.

Granted, they won't bump very far away, but it would be a nightmare when combined with a couple good spitter placements.