Mercman abusing member votekick privilege

Locust

When admins are not around, a lot of players break the rules. When admins are around. Admins break the rules. Pretty simple. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just playing around. :)

Banned.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question, if someone is obviously breaking the rules and the longer they do so it hurts the team more should they be vote kicked or is it still best to check if an admins on and tell them.

Admins In server?

No

Vote Kick, and report to an Admin that is Online/on the forums

Yes

Let them take care of it

• Like 1

usually the people that are kicked are people that just bought the game and as their playing they like to drop the f bomb. And when we report them to the admins how is it that they get punished accordingly. like are we supposed to get their steam id and stuff? and are we supposed to demo them at the same time so its not a he said she said kind of thing. with console screen shoot as well so i know what to do for the next time this happens.

I read this topic and have two questions. Why shouldn't you vote kick when an admin is on? Why would it matter if Locust is a member or not?

1. A couple of reasons:

usually an admin is monitoring the situation and if he decides not to kick (but for example warn), it shouldn't but up to members to go behind the admin's back and kick him anyway.

If it's a serious offence it should be up to the admin to ban the person, a votekick doesn't issue a ban.

It's faster for an admin to kick.

Votekick doesn't give the person that got kicked a reason as to why he got kicked.

The 'votekick effect': asa someone starts a votekick, players tend to mash that 'vote yes' button without second thought. I've seen situations where the wrong person gets subjected to a vote, and gets kicked anyway because people blindly vote yes everytime.

2. Only members can votekick, and only non-members can be votekicked.

Isn't there like 20 Left 4 Dead 2 admins? Why do you guys need a vote kick?

how often are u on the server and when?

u would know theres only some admins who are active on the server. theres been plenty of times where someone deserves a kick but no admin so this is useful. prob the worst scenario ive seen was someone who griefed as a tank by just standing in fire and letting them shoot, was a member too so votekick wasnt possible and no admin, ah it was grand.

Edited by oakgyrl510

u would know theres only some admins who are active on the server. theres been plenty of times where someone deserves a kick but no admin so this is useful. prob the worst scenario ive seen was someone who griefed as a tank by just standing in fire and letting them shoot, was a member too so votekick wasnt possible and no admin, ah it was grand.

Honestly, if you see stuff like that happening, get a record of it and report that kind of activity. The fact that you're a member should not have you exempt from the rules, much the opposite indeed, members should be held to a higher standard. Either make a post about it in the Ban Requests/Appeals forum, or if you feel that it should be dealt with more discreetly, message one of the regular admins (Maestro, TheDude, Tsunami, Cink)

Maestro, TheDude, Tsunami, Cink

Oh God, this made me laugh.

There are a lot of times when an admin isn't on. And while there are a lot of L4D admins, most of them don't play regularly anymore.

prob the worst scenario ive seen was someone who griefed as a tank by just standing in fire and letting them shoot, was a member too so votekick wasnt possible and no admin, ah it was grand.

What Kitarity said

Honestly, if you see stuff like that happening, get a record of it and report that kind of activity. The fact that you're a member should not have you exempt from the rules, much the opposite indeed, members should be held to a higher standard. Either make a post about it in the Ban Requests/Appeals forum, or if you feel that it should be dealt with more discreetly, message one of the regular admins (Maestro, TheDude, Tsunami, Cink)

i was not a member at the time nor did i know who the admins were, its pretty confusing who is admin and who isn't unless u've been there long enough. when i first joined the server i assumed anyone with .gc in their name was admin but that's not the case. other servers usually list their admins in the messages or color code admin chat messages so people know they are admins. i dont know the player as a regular but i knew they were a member because someone who was a member tried to votekick them but it said they had immunity. so thats when i assume they are also member.

• 3 weeks later...

And isnt this the same guy who kept saying lookback was some 1930's german massively abusing his admin powers because he was enforcing the rules and had a new thread almost weekly?

• Like 1

GC Server Admin

I like the part where locust posted this topic, and since everyone agreed with Mercman, locust never showed back up on these forums ever again.

Thank you

enuff said

• Like 1