[Ban Request] Suicide Charger Dodgeball

Fenix

So we got whooped last round of no mercy, and it was our turn to play infected. Since the other team finally beat our amount of points on the last round, Kodiak [K_Inc] recommended every survivor play charger dodgeball on the helipad, basically suiciding. Pumpernickel, Zel, Got Your 6, Communist Eagle, ctrlfrk, KaNaRia, and GARYCHIOS - TURBO.GC all participated. They all succeeded in suicide by charger and the game was over.

To me, that is suiciding, and bannable. I know a lot of these folks are regulars, but this is ridiculous. This is how bad it can get when no admins are online.

post-4369-0-28300400-1367640461_thumb.jpg

post-4369-0-19520400-1367640477_thumb.jpg

post-4369-0-54255000-1367640491_thumb.jpg

post-4369-0-29792400-1367640516_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Disagree, Charger dodgeball merely means playing an alternate strategy and does not have players committing suicide. It is also very fun. Although Turbo should just be banned for being Turbo.

<3 Gary

Edited by Lookback
  • Like 2

Then isn't this considered Griefing instead? That's the same as having a team at the end of Blood harvest dance around near the cliff at the beginning to see if they can "dodge chargers" because they've already won in points. It takes the fun out of the competition. If they were losing and some survivors were doing that, then it'd be a whole different story as I KNOW people would be complaining of griefing.

Griefing is Griefing no matter if you're winning or losing, amirite?

I can't find the exact quote, but I think it was shaffield that summed up the rules: Are you being dick? yes->stop:no->congrats!

this falls into the former. people be disruptin the server and it ain't right yo

If I may input my two cents on this: charger dodgeball on the helipad gets played all the time when admins are around. Knowing this, it seems unfair to ban these people for doing it. Moreover, when one team is behind so far they have no possibility of catching up, it is customary to skip the finale. However, when admins aren't around, that's not possible, and this basically seemed like their alternative. I mean, if 8/10 people were chill with it, and admins are normally chill with it, I don't see how a ban is justifiable for doing this on one finale.

I know for certain that I've played dodgeball with Maestro and Tsunami around, at least, and I'm sure most of these people have too.

• Like 2

GC Server Admin
(edited)

I Like to play out the finales most of the time. Once in a while charger dodge ball is fun so if the whole team wants to i do also.

I dont think it is that big of a deal. Thats just me tho .

Just ban the ones that are ahead of me in points . ( jk)

Edited by Mercman

Well the problem was that the score was super close, like 2400 to 2500 or something like that, by the time they decided to do it. And leon, this happened after you left last night. I mean if I'm gonna lose the overall match, I'd at least like to finish out the round as infected, and not have players mess around when teams are full (maybe 1 or 2 bots)

Usually maestro and i allow the teams to play charger dodgeball when the scores make it impossible for the survivors to win the game. And EVERYONE has to agree with it.

If its wrong. Ill stop now.

I can understand where you're coming from Fenix, I mean that. I'm one of the people who often votes not to skip finales. However, most people really don't like the No Mercy finale, and it's normally up to survivors about whether or not there should be a skip, so I'm just sayin this doesn't seem like a bannable issue. No harm no foul, and most people want to move on in most cases. *shrugs*

My 2 cents have been given, it's just up to the admins now I suppose.

Good luck to JUSTICE!

(edited)

I was on when this happen. I don't think anything needs to happen. I was on the losing team(infected), the opposite team, the survivors, already won based on points before the choppa even came, so I think it was more of an attempt to end the finale quicker so we can all move on to a new campaign because this was AFTER infected side already had their chance at the finale.

Edited by oakgyrl510
  • Like 2

When people play "charger dodgeball", and I have done it, its normally in a finale, the score is really skewed, no one on either team objects, and we start the event, and then try NOT to get killed (which is a lot different than suiciding). I guess admins just need to decide if its something that should not be done anymore.

• Like 1

(edited)
If I may input my two cents on this: charger dodgeball on the helipad gets played all the time when admins are around. Knowing this, it seems unfair to ban these people for doing it.

I would only find this acceptable if Admins themselves made a custom vote (which they can last time I checked). If not some Admins need a stern talking to. I last played on the server, was around the time Tirtul first became admin, and every admin (excluding mastro and cake, since I only saw them once) made custom votes for almost everything. If the majority vote failed and they still did this, I would find it unfavorable. If they did this without custom voting, I would have just left as I would have seen it as a big waste of my time I had invested into the server. Came to play a game not watch people do whatever they want to extended time/blow off some steam, because the match was "unfair".

TL;DR What Admins/Memebers/Players find fun, isn't what GC defines as fun.

Guns are fun to use, why the heck do we have gun laws, thats no fun.

The idea to base the game on points in a customized 10v10 is foreign to me, "Are you having fun? Yes>Continue playing, No>Leave". As far as I am concern people who look at points are doing this "Do you have more points? Yes>This fun, No>MY WHOLE TEAM SUCKS!"

Also Admins use Custom Voting, as this creates a line if its griefing or not. I would have no problem if a majority vote was called and passed.

P.S: Unknown to me if Jackie changed voting/removed it, but every time you cast a custom vote it says "voting successful" which doesnt mean everyone agreed, it mean everyone voted, look at the results.

Edited by ValenAlvern

The whole voting for special things in-game makes sense...when an admin is on. But there were no admins on. It took 1 person to say "Hey, lets play charger dodgeball on the helipad" and the stupidness ensued. I personally (as an infected) would have liked the match to last longer as I enjoy playing infected more than survivors. Also, just because they won doesn't give them the right to end the game early unless it was voted on (no admins, no vote). IMO no one should decide to end the game early if there are no admins on. Playing Suicide with chargers means you're wanting the game to end early.

Plz don't forget that not everyone on the survivor team "Voted" for this, or agreed.

Also ending the game early with no admins on means having to suicide in some form or another.

GC Server Admin

As I am the main admin who plays here, I have this to say:

1 When I am on, I will always put a vote to play 'dodge'

2 99% of the time I'm on the losing team, it breaks the boredom, for the most part it's fun

3 It doesn't happen that often when I am on

I will abide by senior admin decision though whether to stop.

• Like 1

The whole voting for special things in-game makes sense...when an admin is on. But there were no admins on. It took 1 person to say "Hey, lets play charger dodgeball on the helipad" and the stupidness ensued. I personally (as an infected) would have liked the match to last longer as I enjoy playing infected more than survivors. Also, just because they won doesn't give them the right to end the game early unless it was voted on (no admins, no vote). IMO no one should decide to end the game early if there are no admins on. Playing Suicide with chargers means you're wanting the game to end early.

Plz don't forget that not everyone on the survivor team "Voted" for this, or agreed.

Also ending the game early with no admins on means having to suicide in some form or another.

I agree that infected playing time is fun, but to a lot of people, the points matter in a game. Winning or losing matters to some people. That's why people care so much when game points are so skewed sometimes. So if it's a finale and points are really skewed, a lot of the time people want to skip the map, especially those on the losing team, to lessen the pain of losing i assume. I personally do not care if I'm on the winning team or losing team, as long as its fun lol. Also it didn't seem like anyone on infected cared or spoke up about the fact that they were doing dodgeball, someone even got 3 kills in a single charge and they were all happy about it lol

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'd say this 'charger dodgeball' is allowable if either:

1) an admin calls a majority yes/no vote which passes, or

2) if no admin is present, yet 100% of players in the game agree or are indifferent

To me, it's similar to playing a knives only or pistols only round in counter-strike, just to break from the norm a bit.

Since this has never been discussed specifically before, I don't think banning anyone makes sense. Feel free to do this, but if there are players opposed to it when it's proposed, it shouldn't be happening.

-Biggs

Edited by Biggs
emoticons are ridiculous
  • Like 3

GC Server Admin

So we got whooped last round of no mercy, and it was our turn to play infected. Since the other team finally beat our amount of points on the last round, Kodiak [K_Inc] recommended every survivor play charger dodgeball on the helipad, basically suiciding. Pumpernickel, Zel, Got Your 6, Communist Eagle, ctrlfrk, KaNaRia, and GARYCHIOS - TURBO.GC all participated. They all succeeded in suicide by charger and the game was over.

To me, that is suiciding, and bannable. I know a lot of these folks are regulars, but this is ridiculous. This is how bad it can get when no admins are online.

really You wanted to ban 7 people cause you couldnt play infected?

And if an admin would have been on the final would have been skipped (probably) so dodging chargers is a fun way to end it

My 2 cents

• Like 3

people have made it to the end of the map on the hard rain finale while dodging chargers...this is just a high risk, fun and stupid strategy that has the benefit of speeding up a game if the infected can do some basic comboing.

plus anyone who was there got a laugh out of that double kill charger punt over the helipad (yes over)

Let's put it this way, the finale would have ended it early if an Admin was on. A vote be put up, skipping the finale and thus ending the game early in the same manner of the charger dodgeball. Essentially not everyone going to get what they want, even for you Fenix. Some doesn't want to voteskip, some doesn't want to play chargerdodgeball. If you find a issue with this, it's almost the same as requesting a ban who vote on voteskipping.

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents into the pot.

1) Jackie said it's considered griefing so if that is so it shouldn't be done. Admin approved or not.

2) Even though admins may vote it up, the problem then becomes some members thinking well since an admin let us do it, even though ones not around we should be able to do it.

3) It can make you come off as being a jerk or just not caring. Weather it was the first or second team going, there should always be a mutual respect on both sides, you got to play infected/survivor normally without people "greifing" so shouldn't the switch be the same way. If that makes since.

I get it, when a game is unwinnable or there are a few finales that are really rather boring, & a majority wants to skip it & no admin is around there are a few options.

A) See if an admin is on steam, I know i have 6-7 of them on my friends list, so even though they aren't in game one might be available on steam. Crash is usually pretty available, MPG & Madvillian or Biggs are 2nd to availability. Just shoot them a message saying "Hey could you come put up a skip vote"

B) Suck it up and deal LOL JK. If you really aren't enjoying it go get a soda pop, or go to the bathroom, take a break, but don't put an ideal out there that could be considered inappropriate for the server. I.e. Saferoom camping, charger dodgeball.

Just because of majority of your team thinks it's okay, doesn't mean the other team thinks it's okay. If that makes sense. There will always be people who don't want to do something (i.e. skip finales & what not) but

(edited)

Like I said before, suiciding is suiciding, griefing is griefing. It doesn't matter if you've won or not.

I've seen a whole team get banned for suiciding (By lookback I believe) the last round of the Airport because it was confirmed the map was being skipped (They voted on the next map and it was going to change because the point gap was too big to win). GUESS WHAT, they got banned for suiciding even though the map was ending.

So some admins think it's ok, and some don't at all. Some require a vote by the majority. Doesn't mean it's right.

Let's put it this way, the finale would have ended it early if an Admin was on. A vote be put up, skipping the finale and thus ending the game early in the same manner of the charger dodgeball. Essentially not everyone going to get what they want, even for you Fenix. Some doesn't want to voteskip, some doesn't want to play chargerdodgeball. If you find a issue with this, it's almost the same as requesting a ban who vote on voteskipping.

You assume too much Merc. And also, it's not like I wanted them banned permanently. Most of these guys are GC members, so they should know the rules. If rules are broken, you get banned, and then apologize if you didn't know it was bannable. I've done the same thing for the boomer glitch on No Mercy. GC members should technically be held to a higher standard than regular folks who drop in on the server. Just because you're a GC member and your team has won, doesn't give the right to dictate what will happen in-game. Maybe I didn't get what I wanted (playing out the finale all the way to the end w/o survivors trying to die), but the other team sure did - and in my opinion - by breaking the rules.

Edited by Fenix