E3 stuffz

swatfishy

Which console  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are you hyping on?

I'm lookin at Destiny, The Division, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, MGS V, SW: Battlefront, Smash bros

All of these are PS4 I think except smash.

I'm probably going to buy a PS4

I should probably buy a better laptop first :c

I'm a bit torn. All the ps4 stuff looks great, however online multiplayer will now be pay-to-play, together with a playstation plus membership.

I always told myself that would be the end of the line. I primarily play single player, i don't want to pay for multiplayer, but i don't want to exclude it entirely either.

(edited)

I'm a bit torn. All the ps4 stuff looks great, however online multiplayer will now be pay-to-play, together with a playstation plus membership.

I always told myself that would be the end of the line. I primarily play single player, i don't want to pay for multiplayer, but i don't want to exclude it entirely either.

you get a bunch of free games and discounts with the ps+ thing, and its supposed to be better than xbox gold benefits

and im pretty sure they're the same price at 50/yr

Edited by swatfishy

(edited)

I would not be surprised if the Xbox One outsells the PS4... The hardcore internet crowd =/= real life.

Would not surprise me either. The vocal minority rule the internet discussion, but they are still the minority. PC folks haven't been able to trade or sell used games in ages and they aren't crying about it. Not to mention the fact that I don't sell my old games anyway (I make sure to only buy the good ones). I'm looking forward to the Xbox One more than the PS4 simply because MS is trying new ideas to make the experience better. The PS4 thus far has felt closer to a PS3.5 in that it is a more incremental improvement without trying anything too daring.

That said I want both because the exclusives are just looking so damn good.

Edited by boiler

I would not be surprised if the Xbox One outsells the PS4... The hardcore internet crowd =/= real life.

Would not surprise me either. The vocal minority rule the internet discussion, but they are still the minority. PC folks haven't been able to trade or sell used games in ages and they aren't crying about it. Not to mention the fact that I don't sell my old games anyway (I make sure to only buy the good ones). I'm looking forward to the Xbox One more than the PS4 simply because MS is trying new ideas to make the experience better. The PS4 thus far has felt closer to a PS3.5 in that it is a more incremental improvement without trying anything too daring.

PC gamers also have to spend 5-6 times as much as console gamers for their system. They have money and don't need to trade games in to buy new ones even if they could.

The N64 came out when I was in 5th grade, I remember classmates that never owned more than one game because they would buy one, play it, then turn around and trade it in for a new one. Some didn't even buy games, they rented them all from Blockbuster.

I think PCs are for the older gamer. You need the money to be able to actually afford a gaming PC and you need a general idea of how they work. That way when they break you aren't always calling your uncle because he gave you his old PC but now he regrets it because every time there's an issue you call him because you never owned a PC before and have no idea how a PC works because you're a spoiled brat that had an Xbox 360 AND a Playstation 3 since you were six years old!

PC gamers also have to spend 5-6 times as much as console gamers for their system. They have money and don't need to trade games in to buy new ones even if they could.

The N64 came out when I was in 5th grade, I remember classmates that never owned more than one game because they would buy one, play it, then turn around and trade it in for a new one. Some didn't even buy games, they rented them all from Blockbuster.

I think PCs are for the older gamer. You need the money to be able to actually afford a gaming PC and you need a general idea of how they work. That way when they break you aren't always calling your uncle because he gave you his old PC but now he regrets it because every time there's an issue you call him because you never owned a PC before and have no idea how a PC works because you're a spoiled brat that had an Xbox 360 AND a Playstation 3 since you were six years old!

I get where you're coming from - I just have a feeling that in the end this will all end up being NBD, even if that means MS backtracks on a few things.

I don't see Microsoft backtracking on the DRM. Some things like your console having be online every 24 hours, maybe they will extend that to three days, but I see most of it staying at what it is. Microsoft must have done the math of how many potential buyers they would lose having this online DRM compared to people who never go online. They even said at one point, "If you want to play games offline, go buy a 360."

Also for the price I can see them saying: Hey, we got an Xbox One cheaper than the Playstation 4 for $299!* *requires 3 year contract with Xbox Live Gold Membership

I actually do completely agree with Microsoft's DRM, the internet only future has to come sometime. If the Xbox One lasts for seven years like the Xbox 360, think of how the year 2021 will be. I already stopped buying games on physical media for the PC, I would love a time when I can stop buying physical CDs for a console and get whatever I want day 1 through a download. Of course, I live outside of Detroit, not in Ethiopia where less than 1% of the population has internet. I don't know what it's like to not internet readily available. I still don't know if online DRM is an issue because people hate the thought of having to be online to play a game or if it's an issue because there's people out there that really don't have access to the internet.

That being said, I have a Day One Playstation 4 on preorder, not an Xbox One. Not because of DRM but because I don't like Microsoft exclusives expect for Forza Motorsport. I don't care about Halo and I don't care about Gears of War. On the flip side I don't care about Final Fantasy for Metal Gear Solid. I'm kind of stuck between a Western and Eastern mindset between games. But the Sony has more exclusives I do care about, so that's what I'm getting.

Xbox engineer said it was trying to make Steam type for consoles. They failed horribly. Their DRM thing is pants on head dumb, Valve does it 100% times better, heck if Steam started to sell movies, I wouldnt even care.

• Online check every day to play offline

Comparing that to Steam, I just have to login without an internet source and still play most of the games that dont require online play.

• Kinetic is always on, thus XboxOne is always on

THANKS MICROSOFT! (You can turn XboxOne off, Off. WHY NOT JUST TURN IT OFF OFF WHEN I POWER DOWN!)

• Can only share games once, and with someone whose been on your friends list for 30 days (rumor)

30 Day Friends list is the rumor, you can only share a game once. Man remember when Devs didnt care about people sharing games. If you cant share how will they know how it plays? Games is all about Gameplay, I cant understand how the controls feel by reading, hearing or watching, I have to experience it.

• Can sell back games to retailers only, no more used

The ONLY good thing, since used games sales is mostly store sales anyways, and they mark it up (get 5$ and mark it up for 30$ used)

• TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV TV MOVIES SPORTS TV TV TV

....Not even once.

• 15 exclusives of nothing

YUP

• MGS is an Xbox exclusive

Oh wait, sorry, our mistake (MGS series ever being an exclusive..ever)

At least Nintendo still shows us games, I just hope they dont continue "WiiU continues to live on First Party only". PS4 is a good alternative, and that pay for online I wouldnt find bad if they increase their security systems on their servers, which from the looks of it they'll do it.

If you want a console either go WiiU or PS4, I on the other hand might get a WiiU.. that new Super Smash Bros looks AWESOME, you cant deny that.

PC gamers also have to spend 5-6 times as much as console gamers for their system.

You can buy a prebuilt PC for 400$ easy that can play some of the new games.. Oh Bioshock Infinite on Medium-High. Gotta love NewEgg

Edited by ValenAlvern

At Best Buy, Nintendo was letting people preview games they showcased at E3: Mario Kart, Zelda, and a couple others (those were the 2 mainly played) for 2 days this week. There were HUGE lines just to play a short demo of a game, get some free swag from Nintendo (I got a couple lanyards they just gave to me), and that's it. Not sure if it helped move consoles, but there was definite hype generated from it.

Thing is though, Nintendo needs to stop being stupid when it comes to releasing games. They released the Wii U with nothing first party except for that New Super Mario Bros U which didn't help it sell consoles at all. A year down the road, then they start releasing more first part games. They should have held off the release for a year and develop good launch titles for it instead of relying on third parties to do it for them.

I still believe that people think the Wii U is still an addon for the Wii.