General L4D2 Chat

Pumpernickel

(edited)

"Using "god damn it," for example, is not "legally profane" according to the FCC" - NPR Ombudsman.

"For the same reasons, the agency said, the material was not profane "in context." The FCC further concluded that the words "Jesus," "Jesus Christ," "God," "God damn" and its variations are not actionable, citing precedent in which courts held that material, such as the phrase "God damn it" uttered in anger, while offensive to some, is not legally profane for purposes of Section 1464. " - Wiley Rein / 2005

Some networks bleep it because there are elements in the population that are offended by 'taking the Lord's name in vain'. Other networks recognize the need for artistic freedome and free speech. Either way, there is nothing in the FCC law to prevent the use of God Damnit if it is used in a non-gratuitous way and it is not considered 'obscene'.

Edited by Lookback

Well personally I curse like a sailor outside of game and anyone who's even spent five minutes talking to me knows this. So if I can keep from doing it I'm pretty sure others can to. This is where a push to talk button comes in handy. That way in those moments you're cursing about someone it doesn't transmit over mic for you to get into trouble. If you have a mouse with extra buttons those work out well, though in game I think I have mine set as v.

Well personally I curse like a sailor outside of game and anyone who's even spent five minutes talking to me knows this. So if I can keep from doing it I'm pretty sure others can to. This is where a push to talk button comes in handy. That way in those moments you're cursing about someone it doesn't transmit over mic for you to get into trouble. If you have a mouse with extra buttons those work out well, though in game I think I have mine set as v.

Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people don't realize this.

Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people don't realize this.

It's really not that hard to do lol. It gets annoying constantly telling people to stop hot micing or to mute their mics when they're playing music or have a lot of people yelling. But I think a lot of people get confused between setting up a push to talk button for the game and one for steam, they're completely separate. The one I have in game is v but the one I have for steam chats is mouse button four I think.

That'd actually be interesting...  Have an all Charger campaign or something.

I think it will going to be same as the "Custom" Mutations out there, chargers only, boomers only, hunters only, etc..

It will be fun.

• Like 1

Second that.

I think it will going to be same as the "Custom" Mutations out there, chargers only, boomers only, hunters only, etc..

It will be fun.

Second that! Kind of like dodge the charger.

(edited)

only boomers...but survs only get pistols

melee weapons better.

Edited by TestCharacter
  • Like 1

I'm diggin this idea. Might have to have it be a members only thing cause I'm sure new players coming in, the one's who refuse to listen to people, won't be complying. I like the idea of a full boomer game with either dual pistols or magnums. Hordes are so easy to deal with when you have a melee.