Restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?

Fatty

Should we restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My version of "purist" leans toward the realism versus the nature of the game, so I find it cheesey not to fast switch weapons but to fast SCOPE awp. I actually practice going through a variety of weapons and emptying them out because I think it is a skill. I don't find it unrealistic to "fastswitch".

The trick moss is talking about is a learned CS skill but the part that is frustrating is the fast SCOPING. If you have an awp and you do anything, even jump, and you scope then fire, you don't really miss if you're pointing in the right direction. That is different that the hud fastswitch which allows you to go from one weapon to the next.

Yes, it is in the game and a skill you can learn. I personally find it a skill I am not interested in so I voted yes. I fully recognize that this is not a combat sim. I do think it is silly to have an a person with an awp be able to jump, get hit three times, fast SCOPE and kill someone with one shot. Now, it comes down to how you want to play the game. I am in favor of more realism than that mastering CS for competitive play and learning that "bunny hopping" was not an exploit and a skill you were meant to learn just like fastswitch and fast SCOPE tricks.

Edited by Chief

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Founder

We have to move beyond the argument of "if it's available to everyone it's not an exploit so everyone should learn it" argument.

Even if we could somehow prove that it's not "faster," the argument still stands.

The point I'm making is this: It's not natural. It's not intended. It's an exploit.

I didn't say it wasn't possible in the game, if it wasn't possible, this topic wouldn't exist.

It's not strategy. It's not learning how to bounce nades off walls. It's not teamwork. It's a trick.

All of you Awp-Whores can repeat the same argument time after time, but it won't change what it is. The only people who are here arguing for it are those who use the trick to their advantage. You take it too personally, and refuse to see anything but what your emotions feed you on defense of the exploit.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
The point I'm making is this: It's not natural. It's not intended. It's an exploit.

Ok, show me where you get your info. Show me something that the creators of cs said that proves your point. The fact of the matter is that your tinkled that u can't do it, and that you want to be able to kill people easier. If someone has an awp, and they miss you with the first shot.....you should kill them. Or be able to move away fast enough to get cover and figure out what to do. It's not like the awp is all powerful, each weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages.

The point I'm making is this: It's not natural.  It's not intended.  It's an exploit.

Are people "intended" to carry a rifle, pistol, 4 nades, armor, and ammo, and pull out a knife and run the same speed as a person with a pistol and a few clips? No. People are not "intended" to do that, but in the "game" they still do.

Are people "intended" to jump off a 25 or so foot ledge, land in knee deep water and not feel a bit of pain? No. It's a part of the game.

Are people "intended" to defuse a bomb in ten seconds, or five if they have a magical defusal kit that automatically cuts the defusal time in half? No. It too is a part of the game.

I don't see how it's an "exploit" because it helps people out. Anybody can bind a key to do this, there is no bias towards newer people. Granted, some new cs players don't quite grasp the concept yet, it's still there for them.

Fatty Posted on Sep 25 2003, 07:47 PM

All of you Awp-Whores can repeat the same argument time after time
You take it too personally

Well, I hadn't. I still don't. You aren't talking about a fastswitch. You are talking about switching to the pistol and back...it takes no extra time. The principle is no different than switching to pistol when you empty a rifle or switching to knife when your pistol is empty.

The only people who are here arguing for it are those who use the trick to their advantage.

The only person I see here arguing is you? Noone else has weighed in against the "AWP whore" and started saying that we should disable them from being able to do what the game currently allows...only you? Even those voting against the supposed "fast switch" are saying eh...I suppose now that you mention it, I am against it.

Of course those that know how to use AWP are against having a restriction placed solely on them. Just like those who haven't bothered to practice with an AWP would be all for punishing those who have.

What is "fast switching" anyway? I have a button bound (the default button for last weapon) "q", and I constantly run around switching from pistol to main weapon, not just with awps, but all guns. I know there was something about an AWP loading faster on certain switches, sorta a glitch, but is that what is being talked of? or what is this?

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i do the same x, cept it's mouse wheel down for me. There is no time gained by any of these weapon switches. But if I fast switch to awp and had previously had my pistol crosshairs on someone and press zoom and fire, I'm taking a quick scope shot and able to awp someone before i actually fully scope.

I guess it was 1.4 that if you fired AWP then switched to pistol or knife and immediately back to AWP you could shave about .2 secs off the AWP fire rate. That glitch has been fixed. Even if you switch now, the AWP wont fire until the full normal reload time is met...so no glitch here. I really dont understand the premise of the argument. :unsure:

If that's all it is, I've not seen the glitch in 1.6 (mostly played the beta, but it wasn't there), and in 1.5 it was not a regular thing, just sporadic. I'm just able to use that default last weapon button to switch to a gun that lets me run faster, oh, and never forget the deer in headlight look i get just watching the deagle spin, constantly pressing.

I dunno. Don't really see an advantage here over other combos of guns, esp. with something that appears to be an intended thing.

Its a skill, I learned how to do it properly, ive tested it. if it does make it shoot faster, the different is so tiny it couldnt possibly matter in a game like this.

I just realized, this is whats happening on Infinity i kept wondering why my awp and deagle kept flying outa my hands...ill need to bring this up.

GC Founder

Ok, so let's I'll agree that you can't shoot faster, let's not talk about speed anymore.

Explain to me then why you should be ABLE to flip back and forth, instead of chambering another round as you would normally. My point is soley this: Should you be able to reload the AWP while in fact you are pulling a pistol out and putting it back? Again, I know you CAN do it, that's obvious. I know LOTS of people do it, that too is obvious. I just want to know if it makes sense to be able to do two things at once.

Same thing with the silencer trick, or any other reload that happens "behind the scenes."

It doesnt effect the game in any way. If you dont use the deagle you dont have to pull the chamber.

If you DO fire the deagle, then you DO have to pull the bolt back. It changes nothing gameplay wise, it in reality just changes the animation played.

:m0m: :freak:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

why don't you go re-code the game and add the animation...will that make you happy??!

nice posting m0ss, aggree with you 100%

How is it an advantage if everyone can do it? Its not like it's disabled to some people.

Then what's the difference between everyone haveing it and no one haveing it? :rolleyes: