Restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?

Fatty

Should we restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The point is not animation man.

The point is your character has never put another round in the chamber of his huge freakin gun. You can pull the trigger as much as you want, but unless you take the time with your bolt action rifle to load another round, you can't fire. You can't do that while you are chillin with your deagle in hand.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point at this point? Would you like for Mmmm to put in the plugin? I wanna know the net net of your argument White Knight. We have all agreed that there is an issue dealing with some degree of realism with the rechambering of an AWP bullet as there are with many other things.

The point at this point is that Fatty wanted discussion of the topic.

My other point is that people keep confusing the animation part and the timing part with the actuality of my argument (the proper functioning of the gun).

Yes I would like to see MMmmmm use the plugin. While the fastswitch/skip something (chamber a round, put on/take off silencer) problem is prevelant in CS, the most problematic and most often abused instance is with the AWP/Scout since it alters the way that the gun functions at the most basic of levels.

And though this is not rainblow 6, the near realism of this game compared to the likes of Quake and Doom IS what brought me to enjoy CS. The realistic weapons, the realistic physics (well, most of the time), the realistic type missions.

That is my point.

I now cede the floor for all the cry babies to threaten to never come back to the server or fling insults at me because I'm jeolous of their 'awp prowess' et all.

I now cede the floor for all the cry babies to threaten to never come back to the server or fling insults at me because I'm jeolous of their 'awp prowess' et all.
LOL ! CS is so far from realistic in every aspect of the game IMO . Wanna talk about cry babies then go back through and be objective and read this thread again. Knight stop being a CAREBEAR. Fastswitch isnt going anywhere as this thread isnt either. Guess this leaves us where we were 4 years ago :lol::lol:

This game isnt ment to be realistic   

posted by MaleModel and i couldnt agree more.

GC Founder

I don't care if the thread keeps going, but I don't want to see anyone calling names, or making references, or whatever. The insults can stop.

About the realism....you're dead wrong if you think it's not supposed to be realistic. Every change made to the game since I've been playing it has made it more realistic.

Space invaders = not realistic.

Quake = not realistic

CS = as close as possible while still fun to play.

GC Founder

I just saw something funny. Remember way up there when we spoke of nade spamming?

I was just running in FC on my own messing around and spent all of my pistol ammo...it told me to return to the buy zone to purchase more.... :D So they DID mean for you to use that darn buy zone! :D

CS = as close as possible while still fun to play.

I 100% agree with that.

define the universal meaning of fun plz.

After all, what's fun to you may not be fun for me. If you have the universal answer, plz share.

As for realism, I stated about 20 posts ago that everyone has their own top 10 list of things that would make CS more "real". Some are easier to implement than others and each person's top 10 list will probably differ from the next person's list. The awp fast switch doesn't hit my top 10 list, and given the results of the poll, I seem to be with the majority.

Like I also stated about 10 posts ago, we agree that it does let you fire a pistol while the next bullet is being loaded in the awp and that is the part that is "unrealistic". So given all of these conclusions, there is only one thing left to debate.

------------- Is CS supposed to be realistic and should the community servers do everything in there power to make it so?

We can leave the "fun" factor out of the debate, especially since everyone's definition of what's fun and what isn't will differ. For instance, I say awp fast switching is fun, can anyone prove me wrong? No you can't. So lets leave the "fun" comparison out of the debate.

Edited by DJ Premier

DJ, I think "fun" can be discussed and even defined in concrete terms. Lemme explain...

By "fun" I feel that they are saying accessible and even to a degree easy. Realistically a sniper would never fire from a position that SMG fire could hit. And he would be laying prone on the ground, never standing. Stamina would play a huge roll in running speed AS WELL as aiming ability. etc, etc...

These things are realistic but take away from the action. I guess I would classify CS as a realistic action game. Whereas R6 and company would just be realistic or even classified as a "sim". CS has kept the fluid movement (the one thing I love about CS after playing any Unreal engine product) and emphasized the action part. We have great firefights that aren't really hindered by realistic parameters. By that I mean that action was never put behind making the thing real (except until this update and those dang shields but I wont go into that). Action is what makes CS fun. To me running at a snails pace and overemphasizing aim compensation (which I think CS has done VERY well) is just frustrating. CS has removed most of that frustration by keeping the action well balanced with realism.

As far as this concerning our debate it is not directly related. Some could say that fastswitch enhances action by putting it before realism. You could argue it either way depending on what angle you wanted to support.

You could argue it either way depending on what angle you wanted to support.

This was really my bottom line. I don't see where this debate could go. I say it is one way. Someone else says its another. The two aren't going to agree.

I say it's not that important to try and "fix" via a 3rd party plugin.

WK says it is.

I say why?

He says its unrealistic.

I agree that it is unrealistic.

Now what?

I just don't see the point except to post messages to this thread just like i am now, just to pass the time. Is the plugin going to be enabled? Obviously not. So then we're just arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Edited by DJ Premier

+1 more :) I just started doing this. Can't tell if it helps me or not. I dont think it takes all that long for the guns to reload on their own anyhow.. Moot point. i doubt we put the plugin on. Just start doing it if you feel cheated. Bind something handy(mouse2?) to last used weapon and get happy :)