Restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?

Fatty

Should we restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my deal. I do use fastswitch via previous weapon twice but for absolutely no use. Back when I first entered the community I saw all the good people doing it. So i copied everything they did. I dont use it for "improved site" or any of the other bs. Maybe thats why i suck at cs :huh: Anyways, doing this does NOT make me fire any faster. YES I am a nerd and this topirc made me curious so I decided to time it. They both take me about 1.8 secs, little variance due to human error. But then i downloaded a script and it made me MUCH faster. What the script did was when I fired it changed to pistol, back to awp, and zoomed again ready for me to shoot in about .6 secs. Im positive that it is due to my slow computer tho, I have a wireless keyboard. (This was all tested on 1.5)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Fatty, "Fast Switch" is NOT allowing you to do a faster awp shot. I've read it somewhere before, and I know from my personal awp whoring. I beleive that it was completly fixed in 1.4

I use it for the same reasons that San stated. If I miss my first awp shot, and I want to move or look to see if there are more bad guys coming, I still like to protect myself cause I have engaged an enemy already - he knows I'm there and vice versa.

So my choices at this point are to: 1) switch to my knife, so I can move; 2) cycle thru my scoping (e.g. double scope, then click again to scope off) and then pull out my handgun - which leaves me vulnerable/at a disadvantage, because presumably I'm already engaged in a fire fight. I agree with the statements that if your hitting one key to do all this, it is configing, and is a lame cheat. If I want to fire a couple deagle shots off after awping, and I fast switch to my deagle by pressing one key, my crosshairs are natually going to be where I left them on the screen. If I decide to go back to my awp, I need to push a key for my primary gun and re-target/re-aim thru my scope (also by pressing another button.)

I will agree with your statement Fatty about the fact that it's bs that it reloads in your pocket or when it's put away. But there have been times when I switch from my deagle and then go back to my awp that I've had to reload my awp; I see the animation of my guy ejecting the spent round and reloading/using the bolt for a new round/cocking it, whatever you want to say. Now, I dont know if thats a timed thing - that I switched back and forth too fast or what the circumstances surrounding it are; but, it does happen to me, albeit, not all of the time.

Edited by Wanted In 17 States

Possibly, except linch raised a valid point... Quite honestly, the guys who use this pull off some of the most ridiculous shots in the world because they fastswitch or jump or whatever and then land and blow your head off when they SHOULD still be recovering from the action they just performed. However this flaw may lie within the awp itself and not in the "fastswitch" exploit... I'm not really sure. I will say however that it IS useful to see more, however I dont really use it myself unless I'm just trying to whip out the deagle to run away or fight a guy on top of me. I've never understood the point of the double-tap fastswitch... I see no real reason to use it honestly, save perhaps as an exploit for accuracy.

Edited by NyxErinyes

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
You hear less of shot (check)

the only way this is true is if you switch to a flash bang, or smoke nade after firing an awp shot. This is illegal in CAL because you sometimes can't tell which direction the shot came from, and sometimes you don't even hear the awp shot. I don't do this, and I don't think I've seen any regulars doing in purposely.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

How about instead of having the script make your guns drop which I find to be extremely ignorant, to just adding a delay of like 1 second or 2 seconds or something.

As for stop sound, I only use that when one of the garage doors gets stuck in that super loud position. Then I use it.

How about instead of having the script make your guns drop which I find to be extremely ignorant, to just adding a delay of like 1 second or 2 seconds or something.

As for stop sound, I only use that when one of the garage doors gets stuck in that super loud position.  Then I use it.

Adding 1 or 2 second delay would actually make it slower, which would be deemed inconsistent with the majority belief that it should be an equal delay regardless of how you use the awp, which was relayed by valve to have been fixed in version 1.4

*Did not read entire thread...just read 1st page.*

My problem with the fast switch w/ AWP and Scout is that it alleviates the way that the weapon functions.

Every time you fire a colt, you are witnessing the chamber refill animation...only, it goes so fast you do not 'see' it.

With an AWP your fast switch removes the chamber reload sequence, which in essence, is how you have another round to fire when you repull out your AWP. I've always disliked this fact especially considering the advantages that you recieve by it.

If you could fast/switch, readjust your aim with your deagle and still have to take the time to arm your weapon with another round, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but were that the case you wouldn't have people threatening to leave the server (because it would remove their advantage).

Edited by White Knight

White.

The ability to load/fastswitch these weapons would be akin to being able to reload a colt w/ fastswitch.
If you can do these "tricks", then you should understand that there IS no fast reload.

And if you are talking about chambering the round faster...that isn't what happens either. Even switching the guns back and forth...you can sit there and repeatedly press fire on your sniper rifle, but it won't fire until the full cycle time is reached (i.e. the time it would take to chamber a round WITHOUT switching guns).

I think the fast-switch with the awp (and scout) should be taken out. The capability to not reload the chamber of the rifle yet still fire it pushes the limits of the realities of the game.

The fact is...the full round chamber time is reached...you are talking about animation. I think you are misunderstanding the topic.

Sigh...really dont want to dredge this one up anymore, but this post seemed to need a little info added.

Gond, you might want to reedit your post because i had to edit mine after actually reading all 1000 posts here.

My point still stands...if you switch weapons, and switch back you SHOULD have a gun with no round loaded in the chamber. That's how the gun works. I'm not talking about time, I'm talking about gun mechanics. Taking the time to load that next round is part of using that weapon, just like the 20 second reload time is part of using the Para.

The act of "fast switching" the awp does not reload the clip. It only reloads the chamber. The clip holds 10 rounds, like a galil clip holds 35. The only difference is the galil has a subsecond time for the next bullet to spring into the chamber and the awp has ~2 seconds. Nothing you do will reload the clip of an AWP faster. If you pull out a pistol prior to the clip reloading, when you pull the awp back out, it won't be reloaded.

DJ you are not reading what I am writing man.

The fact is that the chamber is reloaded without it actually being done. The way the weapon recharges (to pick a different word) is being negated by the fast switch...hence my problem. Your character, in game, never loads the next bullet into the chamber, yet you still have a bullet to fire. The animation is not a mute point here.

I'm kinda with DJ on this one though

who cares if the in game character doesn't actually show the reloading animation if the reload takes place in the exact same time frame?

the only problem I can see with it is that you can use a pistol or something while that reloading is going on behind the scenes.

so I kinda see both points.

and in that case...I'll shut up.

The animation IS a moot point. Why do you need it? What difference does it make in the gameplay if you see yourself reloading on your computer or you see a green fairy slip the round in and rack it? The fact is...it doesnt reload until the full reload time is met!?

Edited by gOOters

I think we are crossing the fine line of arguing realistic vs game here.

I'm guessing you are referring to animation of actually seeing the hand pull back the spring and load the next bullet from the clip after you fire an awp (which is automatic, we have no control over this).

If you are then I see what you are getting at. I believe to alleviate this, we can add in the animation when you pull out the AWP after you switch to the pistol to include showing the hand cocking the rifle to load the next bullet, if in fact you switched to the pistol prior to the animation completing. So instead of seeing just the rifle slowly being pulled up in the 1 second it takes to switch to the awp, that 1 second timeframe should include the arm pulling the spring back to load the chamber.

I'm sure we have some animators in this community who can create a custom skin for that in no time.

I'm kinda with DJ on this one though

who cares if the in game character doesn't actually show the reloading animation if the reload takes place in the exact same time frame?

the only problem I can see with it is that you can use a pistol or something while that reloading is going on behind the scenes.

so I kinda see both points.

and in that case...I'll shut up.

I see that last point. That would also mean there is an issue with the silencer. When you put on/take off the silencer, you can switch to another weapon and fire as the animation completes "behind the scenes".

There are a few issues that are along the same lines. e.g., when defusing a bomb, you should have guns be put away and show the hands defusing the bomb, rather than just stand there pointing your mp5 at it while it defuses itself as long as you press down on the USE button.

Same with doors. Ladders. Jumping off bridges down 200 feet while clutching a para. etc.

My point is that the action, animation, whatever of pulling the hammer back, knocking the bullet fall out, and pushing it back down to put another bullet in the chamber is part of using that weapon. Its not about timing, its simply about putting another bullet in the gun. Having to do that is a side affect that offsets the raw power of the weapon. The weapon is not an automatic weapon that automatically puts another round in the chamber for it...you must do it yourself.

Fast-switch alleviates that...just like it does putting on/taking off the silencer on a colt (which i don't think is right either).

White Knight Posted on Sep 29 2003, 01:53 PM

The weapon is not an automatic weapon that automatically puts another round in the chamber for it...you must do it yourself.

Fast-switch alleviates that...just like it does putting on/taking off the silencer on a colt (which i don't think is right either).

Hmm...I think I understand your misunderstanding here White. The lack of animation does not actually decrease the time it takes to rerack the new shell on AWP, neither does it decrease the time until you are are able to fire the colt after removing/replacing the silencer.

You could initiate the silencer switch or fire the AWP and do a fast switch...you still wont be able to fire the colt or the AWP until the full time is reached. You will sit there hitting your fire button until the total time that it SHOULD have taken to do the action (rerack bolt of remove silencer) is reached.

Does this answer your doubts? Or is it just the lack of animation that bothers you?