Restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?

Fatty

Should we restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's a plugin out (currently enforced on 69.12.83.86:27015 Half-Life [DLM]/[DOH] - Infinity CS 1.6 - ShieldFREE) that will make you drop your awp if you fast_switch (faster than 2 seconds)

Personally, I think fast switching is a trick..it's a practiced loophole. While within the game, it's not realistic.

What's your view?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I feel that it's part of the game, and it just makes awping feel a lot more normal. I have a key bound to it, so every time I shoot, I switch back to my pistol, that gives me the chance to adjust my crosshair so that I have to spend less time zoomed.

Oh I was wondering why i kept droping my awp and deagle :(

And how is it a trick... cs is not at all realistic besides the guns and I wouldn't consider it an exploit.

If you want a realistic game play dod, you can pick up grenades and throw them back :D

GC Founder

Of course anyone who uses it regularly will disagree.

Going from a huge rifle to a pistol in back is just plain stupid. I know it's in the game, but it's a trick. Just like you pause when you jump down from somewhere, so should take even LONGER to flip around a large rifle.

The denial is incredible. I know you like it, that's not the point.

it doesn't make it shoot faster.

Then what does FAST switching do?

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i'll quit playing on your server if that happens. This is probably one of the most dumb things I've ever heard. Fast switch does not give u any advantage over people. Its a learned skill, the reason people do it is so they can look around after they take a shot. Bleh, forget the semantics, it's just a dumb idea.

Hey while your at it, better not let people switch from their ak to their deagle or whatever pistol cause its not realistic either. The game of cs is not meant to be realistic it's supposed to be fun!! If you want a realism game go play Rainbow Six. But if you want a game that takes alot of skill and is still fun to play, play cs. I'm getting sick and tired of this.."it's not realistic bs." ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.

Edited by Mossad

I wonder by fast switching do you mean a bind or just switchin to a pistol and back to awp. Im all against the binds for switching guns, but doin with youself i think is ok. if i remember correctly it was made in 1.5 so that swicthing to pistol and back to awp accually is the same time as waiting for your next shot.

and like moss said, i personally do it so i can look around unzoomed for a sec b4 i shoot my next shot.

Edited by YoMamma

i'll quit playing on your server if that happens.  This is probably one of the most dumb things I've ever heard.  Fast switch does not give u any advantage over people.  Its a learned skill, the reason people do it is so they can look around after they take a shot.  Bleh, forget the semantics, it's just a dumb idea.

Hey while your at it, better not let people switch from their ak to their deagle or whatever pistol cause its not realistic either.  The game of cs is not meant to be realistic it's supposed to be fun!!  If you want a realism game go play Rainbow Six.  But if you want a game that takes alot of skill and is still fun to play, play cs.  I'm getting sick and tired of this.."it's not realistic bs."  ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.

well said. Fast switch is something that anyone can do and moss sums it all up, its suppose to be fun. Not only does that take away the Deagle/Awp kids but also the ak/deagle colt/deagle etc... server full of people dropping their guns :laughcry:

GC Founder
i'll quit playing on your server if that happens.  This is probably one of the most dumb things I've ever heard.  Fast switch does not give u any advantage over people.  Its a learned skill, the reason people do it is so they can look around after they take a shot.  Bleh, forget the semantics, it's just a dumb idea.

Hey while your at it, better not let people switch from their ak to their deagle or whatever pistol cause its not realistic either.  The game of cs is not meant to be realistic it's supposed to be fun!!  If you want a realism game go play Rainbow Six.  But if you want a game that takes alot of skill and is still fun to play, play cs.  I'm getting sick and tired of this.."it's not realistic bs."  ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.

Don't boohoo me about leaving the server, because topics like this or choices about plugins aren't based on your attendance.

Fast switch does not give u any advantage over people. Its a learned skill, the reason people do it is so they can look around after they take a shot.

You just contradicted yourself in that little bit. If it allows you to see what those who don't fastswitch can't, then it does give you an advantage.

And, of course this game is meant to approach realism as much as possible. To say it's not is absurd. Look how mad people got when the jumping pause came in. They wanted to fly around even when they jumped from 10 feet. The game took another step toward realism and people that didn't want that realism cried about it.

While I'm at it (opening it up for discussion to the public so you can cry), if there was a blanket plugin that didn't let people holster rifles and pull pistols with no delay, I would bring it to the table just like this one.

Amazing the emotion that surfaces when the possibility of evening out the field comes up. Sure, your answer could be that everyone should learn it. Learn all the loopholes and tricks, right? Or remove them....

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

evening out? how bout u learn to play the game.

also it's in the game for a reason. Real fast switch was taken out in 1.5..

Edited by Mossad

m0ss does bring up a good point, actually. I "fast switch" just out of habit now. I dont do so well on Scoutz/Knives just because I am used to rolling down to my pistol before firing again, it will be a tough adjustment to learn how to shoot w/o switching for me.

Also, and more importantly, I switch to pistol immediately for three reasons (NOT fast switching)

1. To unzoom my rifle, I dont have to worry about accidently double zooming on my second shot

2. To see my surroundings and targets (its easier when not looing through a zoomed in rifle) before 2nd shot

3. To prepare for anyone who might be approaching me (Just in case)

:nono::boo::nono::boo::peace:

GC Founder
evening out?  how bout u learn to play the game.

LOL.

"play the game"

play the "game"

which game are we talking about?

I tend to enjoy playing the game without "playing the game."

Question for anyone: When does the AWP reload itself when fast-switching? While it's in your pocket? Does this reloading take place while you're pulling out your pistol?

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i use scroll wheel to switch guns. Mouse wheel up to pistol, mousewheel down for previous weapon.

GC Founder
It doesnt reload, just cycles in the next round. Its a flick of the wrist on the bolt of the gun as you sling it on your back. then you can rip it back around to shoot again.

Right, I meant "chamber the next round" when I said reload. So, we're pulling the bolt out while yanking out a pistol, then putting the pistol back.

Chief has lots of guns, maybe he'll set up a video camera and demonstrate this "skill."

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

hey while you're at it show me a video of people jumping around with no gravity and using no scoped scouts for perfect accuracry while floating around a map. Also i would like to see a video of people runnin back to their spawns to rebuy nades and spamming an area.

I remember having quite the disagreement with you over nading fatty. As far as I'm concerned that's an exploit also, the cs team only wants u with one nade.

GC Founder

15 second buytime on FC and in matches takes care of this. There is a cvar to stop this, and it's enforced by CAL. However, on the topic at hand, there's nothing in place right now for this exploit.

As far as I'm concerned that's an exploit also

You said it. I'll give you multiple nades as an exploit now that you've classified this exploit.

GC Alumni

allthough you can't "see" the awp chamber in another bullet, it's not like you can shoot 3 awp bullets while fast switching in the same time you shoot one without it. it still takes the same ammount of time between shots, just fast switching gives you a second to look around and adjust your aim to another person if need be.

you make it sound like a cheat, when it's in fact a part of the game

Edited by SaN