Restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?

Fatty

Should we restrict the Fast Awp_Switch?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahhhh...but you can switch while reloading the AWP and fire your pistol in that time can't you? Now you have a guy shooting a pistol while reloading an AWP while running and jumping off a bridge into water and, with all that, still gets a headshot :=:crazy:

It's just a game :P

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goot, I think your still missing the point...

What White is saying is that he doesnt have to spend time waiting for the AWP to rack another round into the chamber. Nope, he can be totally cognizant and prepared to fire immediately after the shot by pulling out his deagle. In other words he doesnt HAVE to watch the animation but can rather aim with his deagle crosshairs and if it is convenient, even aim his AWP with those crosshairs.

He was not arguing that there is less time in-between AWP shots but the fact that the AWPs weakness is taken away by utilizing the previous weapon bind in quick succession.

So the lack of animation is EXACTLY what bothers him. That time he would normally have to spend watching the animation is gone.

Just trying to explain it for ya, Goot. I think these "issues" are small but I can definetely see their issues with it.

Most ridiculous plugin i have ever seen, besides the one that blows you up when you accidently shoot someone. Any plugin that changes the way the game is played shouldnt be used. I wonder how many ppl would acctually play the game if you threw down your weapon everytime you switch between them real fast.

Goot, I think your still missing the point...

What White is saying is that he doesnt have to spend time waiting for the AWP to rack another round into the chamber. Nope, he can be totally cognizant and prepared to fire immediately after the shot by pulling out his deagle. In other words he doesnt HAVE to watch the animation but can rather aim with his deagle crosshairs and if it is convenient, even aim his AWP with those crosshairs.

He was not arguing that there is less time in-between AWP shots but the fact that the AWPs weakness is taken away by utilizing the previous weapon bind in quick succession.

So the lack of animation is EXACTLY what bothers him. That time he would normally have to spend watching the animation is gone.

Just trying to explain it for ya, Goot. I think these "issues" are small but I can definetely see their issues with it.

Yes, I do understand his point. But lets not make this an "awp" only issue. My point is that there are many things along these lines that take away from "realism". My point about defusing a bomb using an mp5 is exactly along those lines. But regardless of whether you agree with my example, White's point is of a larger issue that has been debated many times in these parts and many other parts with no real conclusion, except for one to go buy a Tom Clancy FPS.

Ahh...I do get it now. Thanks Rev. So its the ability to immediately shoot someone w/ the deagle after the AWP shot. I understand that. Basically the reason this doesnt apply to the other guns then is because the refill so quickly.

Whatever...I dont feel like debating this anymore, looks like Fat reached a resolution on the issue. Yes, I can see the point though...now. Although, I dont use the crosshair from the deagle, and rarely use the deagle for anything other than a peek around.

I STILL pwn with the AWP.

I guess the real question would be....

if you were an ambidextrous green beret with the ultimate in weaponry skills, would you be able to reload an AWP and fire a deagle at the same time. I'm sure there's someone out there who could do it in real life. Although I question if he could do that while jumping off the top of a bridge into a ravine while carrying 1 nade, 2 flashes, 3 clips of ammo, 3 sidearm clips, kevlar, a helmut and a backpack full of C4.

Your right, DJ. There are lots of little things in the game that arent accurate. Its just that this one is a little worse than most cause it involves actual fighting and the much maligned AWP.

On the defuse thing, you cant fire and defuse so wether you see hands or a gun it should make a difference. Of course I have done that before but think they removed it with one of the betas. I know I lost us a round in WD on chinatown because I automatically reloaded after killing the last T and couldnt defuse immediately... I (VERY frantically) dropped my m4 only to have to watch my pistol get all setup. So i (again very frantically) dropped my pistol only to watch my knife come swinging around very slowly (or soo it seemed). In the end I just barely missed defusing.

Your right, DJ. There are lots of little things in the game that arent accurate. Its just that this one is a little worse than most cause it involves actual fighting and the much maligned AWP.

On the defuse thing, you cant fire and defuse so wether you see hands or a gun it should make a difference. Of course I have done that before but think they removed it with one of the betas. I know I lost us a round in WD on chinatown because I automatically reloaded after killing the last T and couldnt defuse immediately... I (VERY frantically) dropped my m4 only to have to watch my pistol get all setup. So i (again very frantically) dropped my pistol only to watch my knife come swinging around very slowly (or soo it seemed). In the end I just barely missed defusing.

Yes, the awp is very maligned. But unfortunately, it is hated by those who don't or can't use it. I use it, quite a bit, but I'm trying to be objective here. I feel this isn't the biggest unrealistic thing in the game. If there were a top 10 list of things to fix in CS to make it more accurate to real life, this wouldn't be on that list. Although I'm sure it would make it into some of your lists. So in the end, its a matter of opinion. And should opinion drive an alteration of the game via a third party modification to the game itself? Well, that's your choice. I'm sure some of us will always play on your server and I'm sure some of us will never play on your server. If a divide in the community is worth the effort to make the rechambering of an AWP bullet more realistic, then once again, that is your choice.

My point is exactly like Conga stated it.

My problem with the AWP fast switch, is that the time required to get another round ready for fire is removed by fastswitch, in essence making a bolt action weapon a semi automatic (all be it with a pause, but still semi auto). Removing this removes one of the deficiencies in the weapon and thus making it unbalanced versus the rest of the weapons in the game.

And no (if my experience with bolt action rifles is any indicator) you could not pull out a pistol (especially one of the largest of pistols) and aim it while charging another round in the chamber.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Didn't read the last few posts, but I think I got the gist of this so ya.. here goes:

How come its OKAY to defuse a bomb w/ your mp5 out (like DJ said) and be IMMEADAITELY able to fire after doing so ; but not do virtually the same thing with the AWP/Deagle combo?

To me it just sounds like people don't like being owned by AWP'ers and are picking on little things to try and make life harder for the people that rock 'em.

Didn't read the last few posts, but I think I got the gist of this so ya.. here goes:

How come its OKAY to defuse a bomb w/ your mp5 out (like DJ said) and be IMMEADAITELY able to fire after doing so ; but not do virtually the same thing with the AWP/Deagle combo?

To me it just sounds like people don't like being owned by AWP'ers and are picking on little things to try and make life harder for the people that rock 'em.

You can't fire immediately. Anyone who has started a download only to see the enemy round the corner knows there is a bit of a lag between letting off the defuse and actually being able to move.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Ya, like .1 seconds.

The point is, it's the exact same thing, yet none of the mp5'ers are complaining about that.

Ya, like .1 seconds.

The point is, it's the exact same thing, yet none of the mp5'ers are complaining about that.

I'd say a bit more than that... but of course...if you were trying to defuse a bomb, you'd prolly put your gun on the ground next to it and go to work. If you saw an enemy comin, I bet you'd pick it back up right quick.

I don't think thats on par with completely skipping the task of loading another round in your bolt action rifle...especially your 1M long 15kg rifle...

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I could make a really funny joke relating the deagle to _____ (you figure it out) but I might get banned :o

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/kensar/Sniper.htm

Ah...you speak truth. GEEZ I hate being stuck at work!!! It has been a month straight from hell here at work.

Gooters just speced a rifle and then proceeds to complain about work...

Something you should tell us big guy? We are here for you. Maybe you should just repeat after me...

"I am not a postal worker... I am not a postal worker... I am not..."

Ya, like .1 seconds.

I'd say a bit more than that... but of course...if you were trying to defuse a bomb, you'd prolly put your gun on the ground next to it and go to work. If you saw an enemy comin, I bet you'd pick it back up right quick.

I don't think thats on par with completely skipping the task of loading another round in your bolt action rifle...especially your 1M long 15kg rifle...

that .1 seconds when you cant fire your mp5 is the same .1 seconds im fighting for in this thread when i cant fire my awp. theres no difference. yea you might lay that gun beside you while you defuse but the bomb thats not possible with CS animation.

/agrees with DJ and PDO