• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gem][ni tcm
Guest gem][ni tcm
Guest gem][ni tcm
Guests

im one of moss' teamates and i thought i'd comment on that video.

first off, in cal there's a reason why it's required to record first person demos. this is because any other sort of demo (hltv or spectating someone first-person) is not an accurate representation of what someone is seeing on their screen. there is a substantial amount of lag between when a player preforms an action and when a 3rd person demo would see it. so without first person demos (unless the guy is just blatantly snapping to people's heads through walls) you really can't use spectator demos as any sort of "proof."

secondly, i'm not even sure as to the purpose of that video. he's just shooting a wall. i think MAYBE he killed one guy through it? i guess what i'm trying to say is that i don't even understand what type of cheats you're accusing him of having. it certainly isn't an aimbot because he doesn't see/kill anyone. it certainly isn't a wallhack because he doesn't kill anyone. so that leaves what like "anti-recoil" i guess? well as i said before, whether or not he was using an anti recoil script you wouldn't be able to tell without a first person demo anyway.

third, anti-recoil is a myth. there is no program or addon that forces all your bullets to go in the middle of your cross hair. the way an "anti-recoil" script works is by moving your mouse down for you. however it is inconsistent and very "artificial" feeling. any good player that has tried an anti-recoil script/hack will tell you that they have more control over the recoil than any program/script does.

lastly, moss really doesn't cheat. i play with moss, in scrims and CAL, more than any of you play with him in public servers. and i get to watch him play against organized teams of players of a relatively high skill level. i say he doesn't cheat because i see not only how he plays when he gets kills, but how he plays when he dies. and he dies as much as anyone would for a person of his skill. he doesn't lock onto people's heads, he doesn't know when people are behind walls (unless they make noise) or anything else. but believe me when i say that the only kind of cheat that league cheaters use is wallhacks. anything else either doesn't work (like anti-recoil scripts) or is FAR too obvious (like an aimbot). so when your trying to decide whether someone in cal-main is cheating on your public server, youre trying to figure out if he has walls or not. because an aimbot would get caught in cal in no time at all, and no other type of cheat really lends a player any real advantage in a match.

i watched your video, it looked like a guy shooting at a wall. i saw NOTHING suspicious about it whatsoever, and he didn't even kill anyone through it. now i'm not going to say i sit behind moss and watch him when he pubs, and know for certain he doesn't hack like no other in public servers, because maybe he does. but you haven't proved he does with this video, and he is good enough to kill the average CS player 9 times out of 10. so ask yourself if you REALLY think moss is cheating you? or if he might just have played a LOT more than you against a LOT better competition.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
(edited)

I guess what I don't understand is what the ss are supposed to prove? If they are supposed to prove anything I think they prove that you recording in 3rd person is not very accurate.

I'll admit I watched the .avi and thought it looked suspicious, then I remembered something!!!

HEY I DON'T CHEAT.

I don't know what could cause the 3rd person demo to look like this, but I have a few suspicions.

1. You recorded the demo 3rd person.

2. You have about 50 bajillion addons on the server. There are days it seems nothing hits, and other days that the server feels like everything hits.

3. You used and ogc crosshair making the . avi, and it's pretty hard to tell where the bullets are going in relation to the crosshair.

Now I know I don't cheat, and never have. I'm just gonna chalk this up to a bad demo taken while in spectator on a server with 50 million addons, in our favorite buggy 1.6.

Consider this. All the demos you took of DJ, and me were taken from pov demos. And the one you took of me "cheating" was in spectator mode in this new little buggy 1.6. There are ton's a demo bugs with 1.6 and I wouldnt be suprised if this was one of them.

Here's what I propose, we use the same server you recorded me on and lock it down. Then I record a first person pov spamming, and you record in spectator and then we compare the demos.

Edited by Mossad

Are there other demos of players showing none of their bullets hitting above the center of the crosshair, or random bullets registering at odd locations? Certainly if there is nothing fishy, then there would be a demo showing that this can be done, tried and tested.

With the video you can see exactly where the bullets are registering because of the sparks, that's the part that looks so fishy, where they register in relation to the horizon line. So in 3rd person demo, you're saying that could be the reason for them not going higher? This should be repeatable then by someone else??

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

To tell ya the truth mrx.....i really don't know. All I know is that I don't cheat. As I've already stated I also agree that the video looks fishy and I'm just looking for ways to rationalize this cause I know I don't cheat.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

actually yermother I would prefer to do it with you in server. You in spectator recording, me recording a pov. Then we'll switch it up. I'll record you spamming, and you record a pov.

After all is said and done I would like an apology.

GC Founder

ill take a spec pov of you and run same tests and produce another avi

After all is said and done I would like an apology.

gladly, as long as the spec'd pov produces teh same output. please have someone else with you doing the same thing, anyone from DOH. so i can spec record them as well.

I'm gonna make a suggestion.

y3r & moss, how bout you both take this discussion on aim or some other IM at this point. Because this is a pi$$in' contest between the two of you. And close this one. Once you both are done then one of you come back here and apologize to the other. And put this to rest once and for all.

Haven't seen the vids yet (downloading now) but I do know that Moss deals with the "fricken' hacker" comments a lot better than most people I know that are great CS players. I also think that he brings, when he does post, a much needed perspective on things. I have seen him get out of hand a few times (hey, haven't we all) but I haven't seen him get to a really bad point at it (this is in reference to his MB comments).

The only few times I have played with him (this was on 1.5) I didn't see anything fishy, just a very skilled player.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Y3r Mother.. did you not see that one AWP Shot snow got with me recording in third person? The Red-X Hair was several "game feet" away from him, yet he killed him and when he went into his deagle x-hair it was dead on. If that doesn't prove that third person recording is inaccurate, I don't know what would.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

well I'm glad that has all been cleared up. Sorry for getting hot headed, but I really didnt expect that from someone that I had been playing with for 3 years.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

now what i want to know is....

how much of your time did you waste trying to prove I cheat?!?!!? :D

when in your heart you already knew that I didnt cheat.

LOL!!! That's the problem, the ego of men. Not saying that's the case here, but there's always that little voice that won't let you believe. :)

GC Founder
now what i want to know is....

how much of your time did you waste trying to prove I cheat?!?!!?  :D

i learned to make movies. i can put sound tracks on em now too ;-p

fatty wanted highlights for next mcc...so....looks like i get to make a movie ;-)