g0t 0ne :)

Fatty

Welp, hunting has been slow since the kids arrived. Tonight I went out for the first time this year, stepped in dog crap on the way to my tree, and only went up about 10 feet because it was the first time with a new stand.

4 bucks came up from behind me...the youngest straight behind me underneith my tree. He stomped at me for about 5 minutes, but never busted me. After he gave up trying to figure me out, the others approached. I downed this guy from less than 10 yards. While he was probably the biggest of the group, after I shot him, I looked over, and the buck with the most impressive, THICK rack was standing there under my stand watching the other one run away. I wasn't in the usual "picky" mindset, and this deer won't go up on my wall, but it's going to be good eatin!

PS. Sorry, jerky requests are all filled.

buck2003.jpg

PSS. My biggest question here is: Do I have a glass eye and nobody told me?

PSSS. Many thanks to Patriot, who left his house to come help me hoist the deer into my truck!!! Thanks, Patty.

nice deer! me and my dad have been going out every saturday for the past couple of weeks, my dad only saw one really small doe. Almost every time we are walking to our trees we ALWAYS just one. Its starting to tinkle us off :D . STill bow season in connecticut, we can take 1buck 1 doe.

GC Founder

It was a double lung, but a little high. He was walking swiftly past me, and was at a range that I don't have my bow sited in at...so the arrow went high because I didn't aim low.

Big trail, easy track.

Awww...the fetal pose is kinda sad :(

Heh...looks like it was a nice clean shot hough Fat...I doubt he made it very far eh? I'm a hunter too, BTW. What is your favorite game?? I have killed deer, but I like bird hunting and fishing the most, I guess. Kudos on the bow also...bowhunting is very cool...kinda more sporting imho.

GC Founder

It's only a crossbow...point and shoot. The real sport is getting the game close enough, though...spot, wind, dogcrap cover, etc.

Clean shot, yes...couldn't find my arrow with a flashlight...buried somewhere in the ground. He probably ran a total of 50 -75 yards or so. It was dark. Worst part was the drag. When I got my big deer (180 lbs dressed) (picture from our apt.), I had 3 guys helping me drag it. This thing almost killed me...I had to stop every 20 feet or so due to all the down trees, thicket, etc...even with the rack off the ground and the front legs up through it.

My wife pointed out today the marks on my shoulders from my drag harness, and this evening I can felt my back tightening when I was playing volleyball, even moreso now. Usually the worst part of taking the deer for me is cleaning up at the very end (getting the g00k out of my knife, etc), but this one was the drag.

I've gone dove hunting once, nothin much happened. I love fishing, although haven't done much lately, besides some bass fishing this summer.

Yeah, fetal position...finding the deer is always bitter sweet, especially if you're alone and don't have the guys h00tin....great to find and know it's finished, sad for the deer in a way, and then you remember that you only did the easy part to get where you are....now it's time to get dirty and sweat a little. I should have called Mini to have him gut this boy.