Valentine's day sucks.

gOOters

That is all.

I don't have a CLUE of what she wants from me. We are saving like crazy for our wedding in a month..so expensive reservations are out of the mix.

Seriously, other than a nice hom cooked meal and maybe a night on the town...a card and a little gift, what the heck can/should I do?

I hate Valentine's day...it's just another contrived, moneymaking holiday.

amen to that... umm... give her a night she will never forget... and get her a big bear other then some ring or something....

thats all i have... flowers always works?

NuT- ^_^^_^^_^^_^

write her a poem, it will speak volumes of your thoughtfulness and caring. Dont matter how horrible it is, the thought is truly all that matters.

hell, if you want, i can help ya out, i am a master of love. :rolleyes:

write her a poem, it will speak volumes of your thoughtfulness and caring. Dont matter how horrible it is, the thought is truly all that matters.

hell, if you want, i can help ya out, i am a master of love. :rolleyes:

Just don't let him try to sell you the "Roses are red" one like he did me.

Well, I am once again pleased to announce that my wife is off the hook! Not only did she order all the stuff I planned on getting to mod the wave master case she got me, she also ordered me 512 MB of pc3200 mushkin ram. Nice valentines day indeed. She let the cat outta the bag early only because she wanted to make sure all the stuff was correct and so it'd be here by valentines day.

And Goot, set up a scavenger hunt for her, go to places, hallmark, flower shop, etc... and buy her some things, don't have to be anything expensive, just a card, some flowers, other things that will let her know how important she is to you. But have them keep the things you purchased there in her name. Then right up a little riddle map, so she can try to figure out where she needs to go. Of course you go with her, giving hints as needed. Maybe even hide something at the place you first met or someplace that you go together that is special to you both. You'll have fun spending the day together, and any hiding points or clues that you can use that are drawn from your history together will only make her remember why she is marrying you. The coupe de graus will take some help from an outside source. While you are away you need someone to pick up a nice little dinner for you two and have them set it up at your dining table with candlelights. To do this you may need to make a phone call early enough before you guys head back home so that they get it setup on time so it is not too cold. I garauntee the time that is spent setting something like this up will mean more than any material posession you could buy her.

nut
(edited)
Well, I am once again pleased to announce that my wife is off the hook! Not only did she order all the stuff I planned on getting to mod the wave master case she got me, she also ordered me 512 MB of pc3200 mushkin ram. Nice valentines day indeed. She let the cat outta the bag early only because she wanted to make sure all the stuff was correct and so it'd be here by valentines day.

swoop u tick me off... u got a good girl... and the gear....thats exspencive..

NuT- ^_^

Edited by Capt.Coconut

I are off the hook. My girlfriend of a year, 3 months dumped me two days ago. Maybe I'll go buy myself a v-day present with the money I saved lol... Vday is a contrived holiday, but it's a sweet one to spend together.. But then I'm a ridiculous romantic and will take any excuse I can get. lol Oh well ;-) BTW, Whoever had that big riddle idea, YOU ROCK. Also poems work every time. It was my little tradition with my gf.. I wrote one for every big event... She loved every one of them...

And my material is usually better than this but here goes.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

But my girlfriend just left me...

So I'll just FRAG YOU!!!!

Edited by NyxErinyes

Goot, I know how you feel. Last year we bought a house on sept. 27, christmas dec. 25, was married dec. 27, wifes birthday was jan. 4, valentines day feb. 14 and my birthday feb. 27. Talking about flat out broke.

Do something like buy her a yellow rose instead of red and explain you gave her yellow because not only do you love her but she is your best friend. If she isn't lie and say she is anyways. Cheap and easy go to a movie or teach her how to play cs.

I am from the south so the best thing you could do is buy a six pack and watch the daytona 500 with her.