FragFestOhio 05 Meeting Place?

Fatty

Welp, during my breaks from a meeting at the Holiday Inn in Hudson, OH, I've been doing the dance with the electricians and the director of catering here.

Looks like it could be time to step it up a notch!

Indoor/outdoor pools

Volleyball court

Basketball court

sauna / whirlpool

I figure the only issue we'll have is some will complain of the cost of their board, but then they do have the option of camping somewhere nearby. You can do up to 4 in a room, so you can arrange that.

I can't give you a tentative price until I get a proposal, which will be faxed to me tomorrow.

Looks like July 22-24 is where we're going to land...been wanting to nail that down because several people have approached me in question of this becaues they're planning vacations, etc.

I'll create a FragFest05 forum soon as the plans get closer and closer.

aww fatty messed up.... must be the old age thing haha :P

Are they going to have enough space to cater us all? Or is there going to be very limited space.

Does sound nice tho getting shacked up in a hotel.. Are we going to be getting rooms ourselves? Or is there a set rooms for ff05 guys. Cause I know I can get some discounts being military and such. Also ask them about that, (if u guys can get a discount with military members in attendence). :unsure:

I'll create a FragFest04 forum soon as the plans get closer and closer.

We already have one ;)

Well since you say you cannot give out a price. Ill just tell you what I know from last year. I roomed in a hotel with 6 of us during FF04 and the entire cost of food, room, gas from WI/IL to OH, and all was just under $200 for me. Hopefully that helps some...

OOH OOH!

I can think of a valid complaint.

losing the family atmosphere.

all of us camping together in the same spot and waking up to see Mag's hairy face together...that's something we don't want to miss out on.

And the only way to see Mag's hairy face in the morning in a hotel is to share a room with him...and well....that's....uh...well that's....

listen that's just not right.

GC Founder

Edited...I still have 04 on the brain!

Some things to keep in mind if Holiday Inn's proposal is accepted:

The cost of Fragfest05 will cover:

The luxury of a banquet room with sufficient power, space, etc.

The availabililty of things like the pools, sauna, whirlpool, tennis, basketball, volleybay, etc.

The FragFest05 T-Shirt

*Snacks throughout the day.

The cost of Fragfest05 will NOT include:

Your meals (unless I can budget enough for perhaps one sitdown, but I doubt this)

*Keep in mind that you cannot take food/drink from outside into the hall. You can do whatever you like in your own rooms though.

Significant changes from the past FFs:

-There's a bar inside the hotel, this would be a normal cash bar. We do have the option of renting a seperate "refreshments" room where we could keep coolers, snacks, etc...keep in mind that stuff stays there.

-No porta potties! REAL BATHROOMS!

-As mentioned, plenty of power! I talked with two maintainance guys who would be there to solve any issues we run into, but from the schematics and discussions, we look to be fine here. This is a major change from ALL FFs. If we don't have at least one blown breaker it just wouldn't be the same.

-No camping on site. Now, keep in mind, there's lots of park areas very nearby. You can always commute if you don't want to stay in the hotel.

-Comfortable sleeping, without a drive!

-Tequila Panchos is 5 minutes away! Yay for field trips!

-Split up your room cost with 3 other people!

Things to keep in mind:

-When I get her proposal tomorrow:

a)I can then decide on the "snack" room.

B)I can close in on a price

c)I can decide how much I can spend on snacks provided by HI.

This will be a move toward more of a vacation/lan....more of a major event. However, by making the trade to a facility meant for meetings like this, it changes how our budget looks. The extra dues money that would be spent on things like refreshments, food, and tables/chairs will all shift to pay for the rental of the building.

This price can be driven down if we rent out a significant amount of rooms. I have to figure out how many to block off (I'm going to do a poll sometime soon). The number of rooms not only drives down the overall price, but gets us a price break on the ballroom too.

Mark the dates: July 22-24, 2005 on you calender.

--------

While I'm sharing 05 plans with you, I'd also like to share the tourney adjustments so that there will actually be some serious tourny action going on this year:

-Teams will sign up as a team prior to the event. You'll have to register your team with a representative from FragFestOhio before you arrive, or else submit your name into a random hat at which point you'll be place on a team before you come to the event. Walk-ins will most likely not be involved in tournament play.

--------

Lastly, while HI is going to give me a proposal as early as tomorrow, I'm going to have to get some bids from other facilities so I can make sure I'm getting a good price...thus I hope to get you a list of costs (more or less admission and rooms) within a couple weeks.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

My wife has family in Ohio so I will start on working something out.

GC Founder

Only what's provided by HI. Nothing that you bring in. You can walk from the bar with whatever you want. Also, anything provided by HI inside the room (snack table, lunch, refreshments, etc) are fine inside the room.

The other alternative as I mentioned is renting a "hospitality" room, in which we can indulge in anything we bring. This idea is not my favorite because then it brings some liability back to me as far as me being the organizer, and what's there, and who's in there, etc. The other, and preferred way, is where I allow HI to distribute everything.

I agree with that Fatty. I was just curious, the way it was written up above made me think they were allowing no drinks in the rooom at all. I thought maybe it was a liability issue with all the electronics everywhere. Glad to see we can still have a drink while we are at our PC.

Will we have an outside connection available while there or will it be a closed network? I know you are just starting this and probably have no idea so just tell me to tinkle off since I have not showed up to one event yet (although I have donated my cash).