More case modding?

Slaphappy

I must say I loved modding my case for FF04, I'd never done it before and it turned out great. Well It not something I do often, and I need a reason to do it. So what do we say who's up for another case mod competition?

We've done it once we've seen peoples computers, now that everyone knows what there dealing with lets have another go round.

If anyone is actually interested in case mod competition at FF 05 post up now. You still have lots of time but take it from someone who learn the hard way....it don't happen over night. I was a first time modder, never having had a dremel in hand before, but I'd like to encourage anyone who thought it might be interesting to step up and make there rig look awesome for FF 05

My messed up little brain is already storming with ideas, who else want to join me in friendly competition? :boing:

slapside.jpg

one of the pics of my current case. I have plans for a new case (not using my old one at all) but We'll see how much funds I have and how much it will cost to make it.

I'm only in the drafting stages. Get a theme and try to run with it. So Time will Tell. hehe.

I just looking to see if there are people out there who enjoy this as much as I do, and are willing to show off there ideas made real at the lan. Be silly and creative, see how you can spice up your current case in a new and differn't way.

Windows are neet and led fans are cool, but see what you can do to really make your case stand out. You don't have to spend alot of money, you just have to aquire the tools.

Slaphappy --- being the winner last year you could be the setup guy for this competition!

That wouldn't make it so you can't participate or anything --- just thought someone could be in charge of organizing this --- contact me on AIM at GunmanOwns --- I have a couple ideas for this as far as judging goes and would love to make this happen again :)

Gunny

Is Gunman in charge of the Case Mod competition or something? Is he in charge of handing it off? Gunman, you're confusing me here. This is not something you should be trying to set up on the side during AIM conversations. Thanks though. Go organize your partay on Thursday!

Anyways, yes there will be a case mod competition. Last year's was awesome! Check out the trailer and the above photo album.

It ran smooth (except for the lack of space!) and I think the judges did an excellent job!

• 3 months later...
BFM

toplit7mu.jpg

I bought this from a guy on a very popular forum a while back and he gave me some great stuff to work with. If I show up, can I enter it? :D (Yes, I will have done some extra mods myself by then)

If you want more pictures, let me know.

Edit: Also, would a Mac Mini in my Titan be okay to enter? Or do I have to be able to bring it inside? I guess Holiday Inn wouldn't like me ramming through their walls D:

Edited by BFM

sweet box bfm, btw i talked to my friend who does air brushing and he could paint a box with a FF05 logo and the slogan. He said he wouldnt charge for the painting, but we would have to find the box obviously.

Edited by M2.gc

Now thats what i call a mod!!!! I think it is to easy to just buy a premade case and call it a mod. I like what some of the guys did with the windows and all but the one on this forum is my kind of mod. I am hoping to build my own don't know what direction to go though. Still planing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a late start this year....money has been really tight. But I would like to ask how we were gonna do the judging again. I'm trying to recall the categories from last time.

Originality

Functionality

Wire Management

Overall Appearance

I think that was all of them....we gonna use those again?

(edited)

and maybe silly little door prizes just for fun

Loudest case

Quitest case

Worst Wire management ( some of you people just don't try)

Dirtyest case (you'd think people would dust thouse things about before FF but no)

biggest and smallest case.

Just Ideas for fun.

Edited by Slaphappy