Where did you get yours?

whudats

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to use the name Dune, but after 8 years of the same nick I got tired of it, so I switched it up to Acid-Flux. And no it has nothing to do with Acid-Reflux, just liked the name.

That and ST3, but that is my DJ name.

Made a clan called "=dt=>" a while back with DOH Hitman and Bullet-401 (we went to high school together)

Correlated all of our names after that clan broke up when we found this awesome community.

I also now use Tehbantha (random generated name for SWG and I rode banthas around all day with the Defenders of Monkeys like m0m, kurtz, and THX) Ahhhh such good times...

Got the nickname about 15 years ago at church camp. My real name is Doug and everyone was making nicknames up but they didn't have one for me. Well, one guy had pop tarts for breakfast and there were Far Side like comics on the back. One showed two geeky guys swimming in the water at a beach and the caption read, "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, the Dweezil twins, Doug and Dave..." So they branded me with that.

yeah...it's Kris Kross...2 K's dude...duh

:P

I needed a name for online gaming with Quake 2 (friend got sick of me playing under his name)...so he typed some random letters and "Pselus" was in there.

and I just remembered that I barely ever go by that name here...:P

uh...I normally go by Pselus....but it just so happened that the first day I play on Platinum (Mmmm's old server) I changed my name to "Playaa" as a tribute to the default name in Quake 2 ("Player")...and it stuck (here at least).

it's always odd to me that everywhere else on the web I am Pselus (pronounced sea-luss) but here I am Playaa

I used to do an out-of-the-blue judo chop/kung fu strike/smack to my siblings and a couple of army buddies. Usually hit em just below the armpit - give a good shock.

"Whudats!" is the way a buddy of mine spelled the accompanying sound. Had it for years now...

lol these are funny. I got simkiller from playing Perfect Dark on N64. They had simulants in that game and I got quit good at killing them so I named myself simkiller. (I actually entered a Perfect Dark contest at a local Buy em Beat em Trade em game store called McVan's Video Game Trader and won first place and 2 mountain bikes!! I've changed my name in game now to Sim651 because when I got on the Fire Dept. they gave me the number 651 to put on my helmet and bunker gear.

a girl noticed i ate obscene amounts of peanut butter, like my friend brian did, so she gave us Skippy, and Jif, hence jiffy.

its always wierd when i see road signs or things that have alias on them, like Kurtz funeral home, or Wilco center, makes me think of you guys :boing:

Started out as ChameleonTeKNiK, seemed super long and a terrible alias, then Shortened it to TeKNiK which is what I used around here when I first joined, then after the fiasco 3 yrs ago? when I got banned, rejoined under TeK and it sort of just stuck with me.

My RL Friends call me TeK also since theres another John that hangs out with us so instead of calling me Jon they call me TeK :/

My nickname in high school was Bee (my first name is Brian). When I first started playing online I used that nick. A server that I always went to had another guy that used the name Bee. There was too much confusion when two ppl share the same nick. I decided to change my nick right about the same time I got married.

My wife and I went to Disney for our honeymoon. I figured it would be cool if I could find something there that would remind me of such a great time, and be different then most nicks around.

We went on a saffari ride where they had the names of animals listed in Swahilii. I saw the name duma next to the picture of a cheetah. I figured it wouldn't be used much, it was yellow and black (same color as a bee), and would remind me of our trip.

I named myself duma, and have been using it for the last 5 years. I have only ran into one other person named duma... they chose it because of the german (I think) government had a party named duma. Strange.

(edited)

I wrote a lot of poems and short stories as a kid, and all through highschool. And just to try my hand at the style, I wrote one short fantasy story that will never again see the light of day. Norguard was the aptly named protagonist. He was later used as my Warrior in Diablo and my Paladin in Diablo II.

I insisted on using unique, olde English-ish names for all of my characters, and Norg/Norggie/Norgu-san just stuck as an alias that could be affectionately shortened and adopted.

When I'm particularly tired, wired or stressed, you're more likely to find a "Meatshield", a "Leadcatcher" or "In My Tree" (more likely completely out of it).

Edited by Norguard