Sex before marriage

Zweih

BE WARNED

NO jokes of any sexual nature will be allowed in this thread, in fact, any jokes or anything not serious and valid may be edited or deleted, this is a serious thing to me and a lot of other people, please be respectful.

that being said...

What are people's opinions of sex before marriage? i am also curious of other culture's/religion's views, since i am a christian i think that sex should wait, though i know it is hard and many people ultimately fail if they have that goal. yet i feel pride for those who can stall their bilogical and emotional drives until they fall in love. myself, i think marriage is sacred in god's eyes. a christian mariage, anyway. i try my best to uphold the commmandments, and do what is good for all concerned, yet i fail regularly. anyway, please post your opinions below, i am interested in what people think in our culture, as well as others.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

As an agnostic, religion doesn't have any bearing on my opinion. That being said, I don't think people should be having sex before marriage. Especially not people who are hardly responsible for themselves. Accidents happen, and if you're not ready to be held responsible for the consequences of your actions, don't take the actions. Period.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

My goal was to stay a virgin until I got married. But that was not possible. I met my wife at the age of 20 and could not wait anymore. Safe to say dispite the sex before marriage, it worked great. And sex before marriage may be good in this case since we got to know each other much more intimately if we had not done so otherwise. While the Bible says it should not happen, not everything can be accounted for. I think those who want to should. I just disagree when safety measures are not taken and a pregnancy takes place. Abortion most times ends up being birth control which just bothers me.

Having failed miserably at this tenant of Christianity...I will say this.

I try to be good, but everyone makes mistakes, sex before marriage is rarely worth the various risks you are taking. There are too many negative things that can come from doing this...emotional turmoil, stalker girlfriends, being in a relationship that you otherwise wouldnt/shouldnt be in, not to mention PREGNANCY! Try to wait, it will be worth it.

I believe that you should have sex before marraige. I think that if you love someone then its ok to be intimate with them. I have been with my girlfriend since freshmen year of college and i am now half way through my junior year and i dont know if we could have made it without sex. Not that our relationship isnt strong enough without it but we are in love and that is a part of being in love with someone.

I think sex before marraige also addresses such issues as sexual compatibility. I would hate to get married and then find out things just arent going to work in bed. Sex is a part of a relationship. It brings you that much closer to a person that your already BEST friends with.

Sex can be good or bad. Be careful and make responsible decisions.

Bukket doesn't visit this forum much...

I believe sex should be a reward for marriage. I also believe that if more ppl saved sex until marriage we would have fewer divorces. All you guys who have had sex, do you remember the first time? Was it special to you (even if you regret it now)? If you have something that special with someone and that close of a bond with THAT PERSON ONLY it's not going to be as easy to just abandon the marriage.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Bukket doesn't visit this forum much...

I believe sex should be a reward for marriage.  I also believe that if more ppl saved sex until marriage we would have fewer divorces.  All you guys who have had sex, do you remember the first time?  Was it special to you (even if you regret it now)?  If you have something that special with someone and that close of a bond with THAT PERSON ONLY it's not going to be as easy to just abandon the marriage.

I remember the first time like it was yesterday. I think both points of view are correct. Just hard to explain it in written words that makes sense.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

my belief,mind u I'm agnostic as well, is that sex is something special. It is a gift one person can give another that noone else can. I also believe its a gift you shouldn't share with just anyone willing to share their's with you(meaning just cause some woman wants u doesn't mean u have to have sex).

I've found to often where people hop into the sack with someone else, most times someone they shouldn't. Regretted it and caused them multitudes of problems. pregancy, disease, heartache, etc...

However if you wait to have sex until you truley love this individual, say months or longer. Then most time you will not regret it, you both will be happy that you waited and it will be all that more special for you both will know that it was something your only willing to do with someone you love.

waiting till you get married seems silly to me, you need to know what your doing before you enter into a life with it.

SMoke

Raised in a christian home, I was always taught to save yourself for marraige. I did and am glad I did! My wife and I are having our ten year anniversary in 6 days and our relationship is very strong. I think there is something special about a relationship where you know there has been no one else. Maybe it is a trust thing.

I think it also makes marraige special. Nowadays marraige is just a point where you get to in a relationship that you feel comfortable saying there will never be anyone else. For my wife and I, we entered marraige not saying "no more" but with a very special gift for each other. A complete and untainted offering of ourselves to each other.

I agree, its hard to put into words.

i was also raised in a family that believed it was wrong to have sex before marriage and now i understand why. marriage should be something very special and if youve had sex with the girl your going to marry allready then the only thing really changing is where you both live. or if your living with her then whats marriage? im not planning on getting married but if i do i want the girl that i married to be the one and only girl to know me in that way. and i want our wedding night to be the night that we get to know each other that way. thats my opinion and since it happens to be backed up by the Bible i would say it is a smart one. (of course that just me saying that but oh well) tha tha thats all folks.

S.S.

What Rev said seems to me the most important thing. On the same hand, it may also make one wonder "what else is out there", or "is this the way everyone is" which in itself can cause problems. What if you get married and Arent compatible sexually. I'm sure it can happen.. I do sometimes wish that the person i am with now hadn't been with anyone else but me. On the same hand, I'm kinda glad she has because she can see the differences good or bad. Hmm, i could elaborate more(not sexually) but.. Actually, the act of intercourse may make bonds stronger in relationships where there shouldn't have been that strong of a bond. It can trap people into something they might not be all that happy with. The sex is what keeps them there. Especially in abusive relationships. Ultimately I wish neither of us would have had premarital sex. Tough topic. Then i think would I have been able to wait my 25 years on this planet to have sex? If I never had it, I could see a chance. But in this day and age, watching late night cable tv is practically like having sex so. i could see how an abstainer might want to rush into a marraige for the wrong reasons..

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests
Sex can be good or bad. Be careful and make responsible decisions.

I think this is true and i agree with it, (even though im only 15 i know what im talking about here man..) sex can lead to many many many many bad things but can turn out to be the best thing you've ever did.. come on.. like Killer said it helped him with his girlfriend, but there is that whole part of pregnancy and Abortions. But sex after marriage, what if shes the worst thing ever in bed.. thats not good for you.. (not saying marriage and love is all about sex) but if shes horrible in bed, your emotions can turn you to do things you will regret...and on the other side.. Sex after marriage can prove your love to someone. I think masturbating and having safe sex (condom) every once in awhile would be better.

Fact: 1 hour of sex can lose up to 10 lbs.

-ShadowDog

but then again if the first time you both have sex is after your married then how would you know if she is not as good in bed as somone else? all you would know is what happens and that cant be bad. if you have nothing to compare her to then how would you kn0w if she wasnt any good. and its not like you cant learn stuff and get better as you go. if its not that great on my wedding night then ill just have to learn how to make it better. just my thoughts on the subject.

S.S.

Happy anniversary rev! I didn't see this thread before, so sorry I didn't say it yesterday.

As for saving yourself...I think that it is a very personal choice. Religion aside, there are some very good things that come from saving yourself for your betrothed. ;) At the same time, healthy and happy relationships can and do exist when sex has come before marriage. :lol:

More than sex, I think that many of the problems come from 1. people not knowing who they're marrying as a person physically, intelectually, morally, and spiritually :unsure: and 2. there is just no pressure to stay commited. Divorce is just NO BIG DEAL to so many people. Hello? Commitment? :(

That being said, I often wish that I would be able to go into my marriage and not have to tell my love about some of the things that I've done. :blink:

I am currently dating a girl that used to be a student. We are not having vaginal sex but we are very sexual and express our emotions physically. We have been together for a while now and it is very different not having sex. I am glad that we have waited because we know each other in a much different way. I think that we are probably even more intimate. I don't know if it counts, since we do EVERYthing else but if it does work and we get married I think that it will be a very nice gift. In the mean time, it is something to look forward to.

From experience, not having sex has made each kiss more potent and holding hands more special. Sounds wierd but that is how I feel. And if you are still a virgin I will say this: sex is great and enjoyable but you will be able to tell a difference between "getting laid" and making love to someone. Once you've done either, you will never be able to share it again. I encourage you to wait because I think that it can bring the two of you closer when you finally decide that it is right for you.

B)

Chief

words of wisdom. thanks for all who have replied to this post seriously, ive only edited one for a joke.. like i said before.. no jokes..

myself i am only 17 and still a virgin, proud of it too. this is very interesting to hear people tell stories and get feedback.

im also a virgin. (my post make that kinda odviouse i think) and it used to be sorta a sore point for me. you know like people would make fun and stuff cause i was. but then i realized it is my choice to not have it till im married and i should be proud of the fact that i have stuck to what i wanted to do. its not like its been easy. the easy thing would have been to have sex with the girls that wanted to. but i chose not too and now i can think back on that and know i did the right thing and not be ashamed of it. i know that no matter what people think the reason i havnt had sex yet is not because i couldnt find anyone who wanted to(cause there have been quite a few) but because i made a choice not too when i was young and i stuck with it. and im going to stay a virgin until i get married not matter what.

S.S.

sex is only a means of getting sperm to an egg. sex is just a way for humans to reproduce. I think people take it to far and put it in some type of social structure and make it look bad. But if they didnt put it in this social structure, then we would have this scenerio on every square inch of the world.

there was an old women who lived in a shoe. She had so many children, she didnt know what to do.........