How long will GC last for?

*BiGBonES**

How long do you guys think gamerscoalition will go on for? Not that its anywhere finishing now, but seriously speaking, do you think it will be running in 10 years time?

It would be pretty cool if its still up and running when the 16-22 year olds in the community are raising their own children! What about grandchildren! Will I be telling a group of little gamers stories of how I pwned americans on the famous GC servers back in the day before GC took over the world?

I guess it all boils down to a couple of things, the first being when counter-strike finally dies, and secondly it depends on people puting in hard work to keep things fresh.

My bet- 10 years!

Edited by *BiGBonES**

(edited)

ive been around for about 4-5 years I think. I think it will last a while as long as ppl keep it fresh. Or if someone decides they dont want to fool around with the servers and website anymore

Edited by NOFX

i think GC will be around for a very long time. as long as it updates the games that it takes part in. like when the new unreal and CS comes out, make sure you have a server set up. also, i have said this so many times before, but i think GC would get really big if they put even ONE server on 1.6. 1.6 is still one of the most played online games in the world, and there are almost no servers with the same standards as GC, and if they do, they have no admins to enforce them. so yeah, stay up to date gamewise, and just keep people going. also, i heard a couple of weeks ago that someone won a coalition slot. that is something that would definitly keep GC going for awhile; a nice little reward for being around. also, i like the family atmosphere, where everyone laughs at each others jokes, and puts up funny little things; a little playful mockery everyonce in a while...

I feel that GC thrives on

1) Atmosphere

2) Community

3) Games

4) Forums

I think that if we lose one or two of these then we'll survive. However, I think #1 is the tie that binds.

Depending on where the popular online games are and if the GC mentality can fit into the game then GC will last for many years to come.

I give it a couple more days....  I hear fat's been loosing at poker lately.  And we all know where he gets his funding from.

LOL Mag!!

I think GC has some serious staying power. I've played video games

all my life, and nothing has really held my attention for anywhere near

as long as CSS. Having GC to go with it is like icing on a cake IMO.

Thats not even including things like, Fragfest, OSS, MCC, Saturdaynight's

customs, etc.

I think if we're going to last, we're going to need to look into this intraweb thingy people are talking so much about...I know it's scary but some day the idea of providing player positions using morse code and messenger pigeons may seem a little out dated...

Obviously, it will only last until Y2K. Then the world will end.

umm... wait. What day is it again?

CS Sourse came out in 2004. My clan went 6 years. I think if all GC'ers paid there dues up for the next ten years today then it will most likely endure that long.

Lets see the numbers:

$50 (basic members/non admin) x 10 years = $500 bucks (Barring Fatty doesnt raise the cost for inflation or equipment costs)

$500 x how many current members = not sure how many basic memberships GC has but it would equal a lot in a one time payment!

$100 (admin charge/after basic membership) x 10 x 39(admins, not leads or board) = $39,000. Of course other admins will be accepted into GC in the next ten years.

Not sure if Leads and Board members pay more but if the cost is still the same for admins then it could be:

$100 x 20 x 10 = $20,000

I think Fatty would more than appreciate these lump sums and ensure the existance of GC well into the future. Ok folks lets pony up! :D

Edited by TheReverend(c)

Obviously, it will only last until Y2K. Then the world will end.

umm... wait. What day is it again?

CS Sourse came out in 2004. My clan went 6 years. I think if all GC'ers paid there dues up for the next ten years today then it will most likely endure that long.

Lets see the numbers:

$50 (basic members/non admin) x 10 years = $500 bucks (Barring Fatty doesnt raise the cost for inflation or equipment costs)

$500 x how many current members = not sure how many basic memberships GC has but it would equal a lot in a one time payment!

$100 (admin charge/after basic membership) x 10 x 39(admins, not leads or board) = $39,000. Of course other admins will be accepted into GC in the next ten years.

Not sure if Leads and Board members pay more but if the cost is still the same for admins then it could be:

$100 x 20 x 10 = $20,000

I think Fatty would more than appreciate these lump sums and ensure the existance of GC well into the future. Ok folks lets pony up! :D

Hmmph. And I thought $19.99/mo for life was a good deal...