VOTE FOR CS SERVER NAMES

Fatty

WHAT SERVER NAME FORMAT WOULD YOU PREFER?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What format do you prefer?

Choice A:

GC|FF|Stock|MidWest > Recrudescence 100tic

GC|FF|Stock|West > Empha100tic

GC|FF|NoScope|MidWest > Proj. Mayhem 100tic

GC|FF|NoScope|NorthEast > Ebullition 100tic

Choice B:

[GC] Stock FF Recrudescence 100tic

[GC] Stock FF Empha100tic

[GC] NoScope FF Mayhem 100tic

[GC] NoScope FF Ebullition 100tic

Choice C:

[GC] Stock MW Recrudescence 100tic

[GC] Stock W Empha100tic

[GC] NoScope MW Mayhem 100tic

[GC] NoScope NE Ebullition 100tic

I chose A also... i miss the numbers *sniffle*

But the numbers are so bland. And this way we can once again get complaints about no swearing in Project Mayhem.

That was a funny thread. Brad Pitt fanatics are all the same. I like A. All the info there. What is with ebullition? Did bunny pay for some demented naming rights?

GC Alumni

I chose A also... i miss the numbers *sniffle*

But the numbers are so bland. And this way we can once again get complaints about no swearing in Project Mayhem.

That was a funny thread. Brad Pitt fanatics are all the same. I like A. All the info there. What is with ebullition? Did bunny pay for some demented naming rights?

Predictably, this had to be dictionaried (GJ Fatty, I learned something today!). Seems like a good name, but I don't think I'll ever settle on a way to pronounce it.

Edited by mookie

I vote C with pipes, and you can probably drop the Stock part as most people expect the server to be stock and or don't know what we mean by stock

(bling)

btw stutters...what does your name mean? or is it supposed to be emphatic?

oh and has anyone else noticed that Chicago isn't really in the midwest?...if anything its mideast...

edited by Fatty: suggesting format was the past week in the admin forums....too late, sorry, just wanna get this done

:= I feel so violated...and I like it... :o

I like A cuz it tells where the server is located.

Getting rid of the numbers is good cuz that might be considered a "ranking" system for the servers, and theyre all equally good, just depends on where you live.

MW, NE, etc. are too vague. They could stand for anything. I've seen people with tags of "CFD", and when asked, it most certainly was not even Close to C_______ Fire Department.

(personally, I liked GAMERSCOALITION in the name cuz it made it super easy to pick it out of the list of servers since the favorites option is messed up. No biggy though, I usually start from steam off my desktop since the Favorites option works there.)

My two cents, (I stole that line from another regular in gc, can't remember who. ), which is more like 2/10s of a cent.

GC Founder

All the drama.....in the end, any of those would work. Just vote up. Lots of good points, but we need to push something through regardless.

We'll run with whatever wins for a while and then if someone wants to suggest a tweak after a while we'll see if we can't bring it to the table.

The point is, we'll never have 100% agreement on something like this with so many people.....so just vote. :) I'll look tonight and make the switch if there's a big majority to any.

Need to make sure that what ever is picked we have the FF in there..One people still do it and then sooooo many ask " is FF on". So I think A with most info works for me but I like C with the FF added into or something.