Favorite Movie Quote?

avengence

(edited)

anything from caddyshack, but these are classic:

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Edited by Brew

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time." - Tyler Durden. from FIGHT CLUB

Oh and anything from Pulp Fiction with Samuel L Jackson. I had to "bleep" some of it here, but boy is it funny in the movie.

"Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Brett: What?

Jules: What country you from?

Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

Jules: ENGLISH (bleep)! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!

Brett: What, I-?

Jules: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you (bleep). Say what one more (bleep) time.

Brett: He's b-b-black...

Jules: Go on.

Brett: He's bald...

Jules: Does he look like a (bleep)?

[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]

Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A (bleep)?

Brett: No!

Jules: Then why you try to (bleep) him like a (bleep), Brett?

Brett: I didn't.

Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to (bleep) him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be (bleep) by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

[Jules shoots the guy on the couch during Brett's interrogation]

Jules: Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jules: Now Yolanda, we're not gonna do anything stupid, are we?

Yolanda: You don't hurt him.

Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?

Yolanda: Cool?

Jules: What?

Yolanda: He's cool.

Jules: Correctamundo."

Ahh... Army of Darkness... best movie ever.

Ash: Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT?!

Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and s***... and Jack left town.

Wise man: When you removed the book, did you speak the words?

Ash: Yeah. Well, maybe not every single syllable exactly, but basically I said them.

Ahh... Army of Darkness... best movie ever.

Ash: Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT?!

Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and s***... and Jack left town.

Wise man: When you removed the book, did you speak the words?

Ash: Yeah. Well, maybe not every single syllable exactly, but basically I said them.

" The good, the bad-- I'm the guy with the gun."

"It's all in the reflexes" - Big Trouble in Little China

"You are a wuss: part wimp, and part kitty" - Fast Times at Ridgemont High

"I shall serve no fries before their time" - Fast Times

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." - Fast Times

"Right. Learn it. Know it. Live it. " - Fast Times

"Now, a question of etiquitte: as I pass, do I give the a** or the crotch?"

-Brad Pitt, Fight Club

"Worrying is like a rockingchair. Sure, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."

-Van Wilder

And a long one. I had to look this one up. It's from Super Troopers:

Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.

Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double bacon cheeseburger. It's for a cop.

Farva: What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?

Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.

[into mic]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Don't spit in that cop's burger.

[to Farva]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to dipa-size your meal for 25 cents?

Farva: Want me to punch-a-size your face, for free?

Dimpus Burger Guy: It's only 25 cents and look how much you get.

Thorny: Look, kid, he doesn't want it.

Farva: I'll just take a litre o' cola.

Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Literacola? Do we sell literacola?

[to Farva]

Dimpus Burger Guy: What's a literacola?

Farva: [slowly starts shouting] Litre is French for

[grabs burger kid by shirt]

Farva: give me my f---ing cola!

• 1 month later...

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." - Walsh, at the end of Chinatown

"To tell you the truth, I lied a little." - Jake Gittis, from Chinatown

"Perfect... They are all... perfect... " - Katsumoto's dying words, from The Last Samurai

"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose." - Lester Burnham, from American Beauty

"Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand." - Luke, from Cool Hand Luke

I can't remember many more now...but maybe later.

Edited by Assassinator

"It's a trap!"

I have to agree with YoMamma about pulp fiction, but I'd include the part about the burger.

"This IS a tasty burger!"

or

"Royale with cheese" burger?

"Big Mac is La big Mac?"

"What do they call a whopper?"

"I don't know, I didn't go to a Burger King"

One of my fav non-action type movies (read chick flick I guess) "An American President"

Sydney Allen Wade - "The president expects our full support. The president is dreaming AJ, the president has totally misjudged reality. ......if that's what he expects he's the chief executive of Fantasy Land."

Allan Shepard (the president) - "Lets take him out back and beat the sh*t out of him!!!"

GC Alumni
(edited)

"You wanna talk about vengence? Will vengence your son back? or my boy back to me? I forgoe any acts of vengence, but I have selfish reasons, like my son, who had to leave this country over this Sollozzo business, now I have to arrange to bring him back and cleared of all these false charges.I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him - if he were to be shot in the head by a police officer, or to hang himself in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But that aside, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made here today." - Vito Corleone, The Godfather

"Someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's wedding day. " - Vito Corleone, The Godfather

"Hey, whaddya gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Family business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a police captain. Why? Because he slapped ya in the face a little bit? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and - bada-BING! - you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit. Tom, this is business, and this man is taking it very personal" - Sonny Corleone, The Godfather

"Wha?..did you go to college to get stupid?" - Sonny Corleone, The Godfather

And of course, who could forget the old faithful " I'm gonna make him an offer he cant refuse"

Edited by Clueless .gc

One that I forgot:

"And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure."

-Col. Kurtz, from Apocalypse Now

I got some more for you, Clue.

Johnny Fontane: Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

Don Corleone: [shouts] You can act like a man!

[he slaps Johnny]

Don Corleone: What's the matter with you. Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman.

[Don Corleone imitates him sobbing]

Don Corleone: What can I do? What can I do? What is that nonsense. Ridiculous.

Clemenza: Leave the gun.....Take the cannolis.

And from Jaws:

Brody: You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Quint: Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.

Brody: Smile you son of a B*TCH!

Aaaand....

Professor Severus Snape( :wub: ): There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death.

Edited by Mustard's CoffeeMaker

"The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun."

General Kimsey - Armageddon

Also from Armageddon -

Harry Stamper: "What's your contingency plan?"

Truman: "Contingency plan?"

Harry Stamper: "Your backup plan. You gotta have some kind of backup plan, right?"

Truman: "No, we don't have a back up plan, this is, uh..."

Harry Stamper: "And this is the best that you c - that the government, the *U.S. government* could come up with? I mean, you're NASA for crying out loud, you put a man on the moon, you're geniuses! You're the guys that're thinking sh17 up! I'm sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking sh17 up and somebody backing them up! You're telling me you don't have a backup plan, that these eight boy scouts right here, that is the world's hope, that's what you're telling me?"

Truman: "Yeah."

But, this is my all time favorite (I use this one all the time):

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back

i'm with jackie. evil dead/army of darkness has the best quotes:

Ash: Hey, what do you say we have some champagne, huh, baby?

Linda: Sure.

Ash: After all, I'm a man and you're a woman... at least last time I checked. Huh huh.

• 1 month later...

"Hero's get remember, But legends never die" Babe Ruth- Sandlot

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" Caddyshack

" I know some people, who know some people, who rob some people" - Starksy and Hutch