More importantly....

anonymo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be, either. I heard from the Wal-Marts around here that they're not expecting a sellout -- One confirmed to me they had "about 100 already in the store" on Tuesday with the implication they were expecting more. This was, oddly, the same store that said they were only getting 4 PS3s, and they weren't even in yet. I know there are more Wiis being shipped, but I thought the ratio was odd.

I figure I'll swing by around midnight thirty after whatever frenzied craze has passed and pick up any straggling machines. I'm actually more worried I won't get the games I want than I am about securing a machine. What a world, huh?

Wii has so many games out for it! Its insane! They are so much more ready than playstation.

Which is why the Wii will pwn the ps3.

In business? yes

In real gamers eye's? no

I have been asked when the Wii comes out by 50 year olds that look like they dont even own a TV. So Wii has reached more people than the ps3. But the ps3 is so much more powerful. And that the ps3 takes around 1200 to make, they are loosing money.

Wii for the win. PS3 might be powerful but the Wii is 10 x funner. PS3 is just another console, another controller, another system. Same old thing, nothing too special when you can overpower a PS3 with a computer.

The Wii is unique in that you have motion sensors in the controlers and you actually have to interact. It's just fun. Instead of pressing a button to swing a bat in a baseball game I get to swing the controler. Boxing games i actually have to punch, and racing games i steer. No more of those regular newb controlers.

I don't know about you but i care about how fun a system is more than how powerful it is. Sure, i may save money and sony may lose money if i buy a PS3, but i'm still saving more money by getting a Wii. Sony can lose all the money they want, it doesn't matter to me.

To me the Wii is a generation ahead of the PS3, 360, and computers. Finally people actually interact with the game instead of pushing buttons or clicking a mouse.

I will be getting one the first day, that's for sure. I think the Wii will be worth every penny. I am considering standing in line since it is a weekend. I can just grab my Chemistry book and study for my exam on Monday while I stand I stand there.

I had a wrestling thing today, but my mom (cheesy I know) i sitting outside of a wal-mart and has been since yesterday at 3:30 EST. I will get it at midnight.

Your mom has been waiting outside wal-mart since yesterday afternoon for the Wii?

I had a wrestling thing today, but my mom (cheesy I know) i sitting outside of a wal-mart and has been since yesterday at 3:30 EST. I will get it at midnight.

Your mom has been waiting outside wal-mart since yesterday afternoon for the Wii?

I bet she really has to...<gets pulled off stage by giant cane>

Hmmmm

Furniture or Wii

So tough...I can't keep playing CS from my couch... :bang::bang:

Well, we ordered one through the Toys R Us website (huh... where is my backwards 'R' key?). It's an action bundle with 5 games. I'll let you know if it rolls in.

Kru... how's Zelda on your first impression. I'm ( and my 7 year too) a big fan of those.

Also Kru... and anyone else in possession of a Wii

Our bundle comes with a 512 memory card, a controller, and supposedly a nunchuk controller.

From what you are experiencing, what additional accessories should we consider now? I want to get some classic controllers for our GC games for the kids... can the thing run 4 of these? Also, can the system accept input from multiple remote/nunchuk controllers? Are there games that this would be useful for?

SS

I just got it... bought it dropped it off back home then headed straight to work. I bought the last nunchuk for my 2nd remote. :P I was #30 out of 90 people out for the wii. there was 102 in stock. I might just buy more accessories. Oh yeah I got the new zelda game!

i'm tired no sleep and really reallllly want to go home.