First person shooters?

Magruter

I'm looking for realistic. Where's there's a mission metal gear was a good game, but from what i'm hearing rainbow six might be the way to go. but my system requirements don't meet for the rainbow six las vegas :( I'm looking for pc games only. I only have a n64 at home.

I have Rainbow Six, seems like the game you are looking for Mag. However, like you said, your probably pc won't run it. I tried installing it on my dads, before I built mine and wouldn't even allow me to finish installing because he didn't have a p4 3.5 or greater :(

I mean...can you go wrong with Serious Sam 2?

:)

it all depends on if you're looking for realistic, arcade, simulation...what?

wolfenstein 1-D

duke nukem circa 1995

Oh Buddha, you guys are getting me all Nostalgic...I may just have to run DOS prompt again....

Never played Serious Sam 2 but the first was a blast!

Is the second just as fun?

Are the Ghost Recon games for PC? Cause those are pretty tight.

I don't know about being for PC. But, I do have the latest for XBox 360, wow, it's fun...but how far can a game go in which you cannot actually jump nor fall off things?

GRAW came out for the PC, it's not bad for co-op, but I enjoy the originals (before GRAW) much more.

Earlier Rainbow Sixes are for the PC but Lockdown was horrible and the ones before that are nothing like Las Vegas, they are much slower.

There's SWAT 4, but it's not as fast as newer Rainbow Sixes. Prey is fun but not all that realistic. Hitman is really fun but has no multiplayer, it's also kind of third person. Call of Duty 2 is pretty good but it's kind of old now, I'm sure people still play it online though.

Are the Ghost Recon games for PC? Cause those are pretty tight.

I don't know about being for PC. But, I do have the latest for XBox 360, wow, it's fun...but how far can a game go in which you cannot actually jump nor fall off things?

GRAW came out for the PC, it's not bad for co-op, but I enjoy the originals (before GRAW) much more.

The original Ghost Recon came out for PC first, as I recall, and there were at least two expansions that came out for it on PC as well, which I believe were Island Thunder and Desert Siege. You can probably pick up all three on the cheap in a bundle and have a short tonne of fun. Plus, I hear they still have an active online presence, so there's plenty of multiplayer capability. It's still a personal favorite of mine.

(edited)

far cry is one of my all time favorite FPS. Decent story, very fun gameplay, very challenging, and unbelievable graphics (for DX9 at least). The huge maps allow plenty of room for exploration and multiple ways to attack each scenario. It is a few years old now, and can be found for $20, but it is awesome. If you haven't played it yet, you can't beat it for $20, and I still think it's worth more than that!

Edited by boilersax