Holiday Inn Floor Plan

Windex

Now, it seems that there are lots of ideas of what is required for a mod floating around here, and since I've never modded I'm a bit confused myself: Do you need actual blueprints with dimensions and such? Do you need a general sketch (like Anonymo posted)? Do you need something in between? Last year I had all sorts of layout images I captured from hotel websites that were pretty darn good, but obviously lacked the dimensions and details of, say, the rooms, utility areas, etc. It also lacked the information of what was actually in the rooms (which is why I imagine you want pictures).

You know, the more I think about this, the more fun this project sounds. I'll see what information I still have. Also, the more I think about it, it's been two years since I went to FF, so I'll have to dig deep...

I know Generally the size of the rooms, most hotel rooms are only about 12-14 ft wide and 18-22 feet deep,

I can estimate the height of the buildings using pictures on the hotel website, calculate the length based on # of parking spots(9-10' wide)

I might have enough to get a good start but judging by the google earth SS i took this map will be HUGE Esp if the outdoors are included in gameplay

I imagine you wouldn't want to use the WHOLE hotel. Even the one building is pretty big, and adding in all those hotel rooms is just asking for someone to be a jerk and hide in one at the end of the round. Lots of Admin-slapping will ensue, and really, who wants to do that kind of babysitting? Just trying to help justify a cut in the space you plan on doing.

Neat, can't wait to see what turns out!

The hotel should be able to provide you floor plans for the ballrooms at least...after that i'm sure you could find a birds eye view from some kind of maps source...

If you really want the floor plans I could ask them since I work for a fairly reputable AV company (if you feel weird asking them) but basically if you say you are setting up AV for the fragfestohio event they will give you floor plans

Ok because I was actually in AutoSketch at the time I drew you a floor plan of the whole hotel from memory...I left out the building they don't use and its not very precise (as I'm sure many of you will point out) but if you make a map which resembles this we'll all recognize it

holidayinnhudsoniv6.jpg

I dunno Mo, that's a really accurate picture... you should submit it :P

The hotel should be able to provide you floor plans for the ballrooms at least...after that i'm sure you could find a birds eye view from some kind of maps source...

If you really want the floor plans I could ask them since I work for a fairly reputable AV company (if you feel weird asking them) but basically if you say you are setting up AV for the fragfestohio event they will give you floor plans

Ok because I was actually in AutoSketch at the time I drew you a floor plan of the whole hotel from memory...I left out the building they don't use and its not very precise (as I'm sure many of you will point out) but if you make a map which resembles this we'll all recognize it

holidayinnhudsoniv6.jpg

I dunno Mo, that's a really accurate picture... you should submit it :P

yeah that's pretty good... but you forgot the pool

I drive right past it every day on the way home from work. If I need to I can drive by and take a few pictures if someone would OK it with the hotel. If fatty can find the brochure then you'd get an idea for proportions. I could whip something up in CAD as well that looks a bit more proportionate to what the actual rooms are.

whatever works... will probably just do the interior due to sheer size of the place but will still be extremely fun none the less.. pics would be sweet and as well as the brochure.. so if/when u do just e-mail them over.. (mpeveley@monitorclosely.com)

Ok, that tears it...I want to play CS in the Holiday in while we're IN the Holiday in...so I'm going to grab Slaughter, and he and I will go up there and take pictures. I will try to find out about the public records office and getting some blue-prints. I will ask the hotel as well when I am there. The question is only when we'll get a chance to head up there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...