Raise

shaftiel

(edited)

Well, for the past month or so I had been hinting to a few stategic people who I could count on to blab, that I was perhaps dissatisfied with my job and considering looking for a new one. Well, my plan worked and today I got a 20% pay raise. I'm pretty darn excited about that, and wanted to share the good news with my friends.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

I'm single and living paycheck to paycheck <_<

Yeah that sucks. I was like that for about 10 years. With a growing family it was really tough. We had to keep moving around because work dried up or we were unable to pay the rent. There were some really bad times, but hopefully thats all behind us now. I've bought a home, make a real wage, and I'm a critical peice to a corporate puzzle. But even if it all gos to crap again, as long as I have my family I'll be happy. Money is so transitory, it comes and gos. Family is forever. If I had to choose between a billion dollars and my sons smile, the smile will win everytime.

Shaftiel

I'm single and living paycheck to paycheck <_<

Yeah that sucks. I was like that for about 10 years. With a growing family it was really tough. We had to keep moving around because work dried up or we were unable to pay the rent. There were some really bad times, but hopefully thats all behind us now. I've bought a home, make a real wage, and I'm a critical peice to a corporate puzzle. But even if it all gos to crap again, as long as I have my family I'll be happy. Money is so transitory, it comes and gos. Family is forever. If I had to choose between a billion dollars and my sons smile, the smile will win everytime.

Shaftiel

spoken like a true romantic.

Oh poo! I'd tell you how much I was making, but that wouldn't be proper. Suffice it to say, I am able to support my family of five quite easily and thats all that matters :).

Shaftiel

congrats on the raise! What line of work are you involved in?