GC L4D2 Update

Flitterkill

OLD THREAD: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43483-server-version-needs-update/

Just pushing a new thread to keep everyone in the loop.

- The SteamPipe update valve pushed out altered the runtime binaries of the game/server code substantially. Stuff that mods and mod authors expected to be X, Y and Z are still there but Valve changed them to be 24, 57, and XXD or whatever.

- This broke SourceMod and Left4Downtown2. These are important to us. If those are broke, no game for us.

- SourceMod for Windows is basically back up and running; soon for Linux as well (we use Windows).

- Left4Downtown2.... is another matter. If you followed from the other server is down thread, CrasX is doing what others are doing. Breaking into the underlying Valve source/runtimes to find the signatures of stuff that got changed. Here's the official mod thread where you can read about others doing the same.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134032

Once those signatures get found, *all* of them, this gets fixed.

Sorry for the wait. :(

Perhaps as consolation I will put in the GC store, once we're back up, for TWO days only, a GC Contributing Member special, 11 months, 11 dollars (because that's kinda like a two, eleven, because two fingers.... ehh, whatever) - new joins only - sorry already member cheapskates :)

Perhaps as consolation I will put in the GC store, once we're back up, for TWO days only, a GC Contributing Member special, 11 months, 11 dollars (because that's kinda like a two, eleven, because two fingers.... ehh, whatever) - new joins only - sorry already member cheapskates :)

i know at least one person who payed for membership then waited 2 days for it to activate then the server went down, people like that should be compensated.

• Like 2

some people posted some signatures today. there are about 20 left to find. I won't have time to look until monday but I will update them as they come through. There are still about 20 signatures left to be found

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Thanks for all your hard work everyone in getting things back to normal.

I won't have time to look until monday but I will update them as they come through.

Thanks Crasx - at least we won't have the free-weekenders spoiling our return :boing:

Edited by MPG1770
  • Like 2

i know at least one person who payed for membership then waited 2 days for it to activate then the server went down, people like that should be compensated.

Who? Will do.

I am one of those people but really i'm not worried about the compensation. Just like everyone else I am trying to hold out wait until the server comes back up.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the hard work already, and the hours digging and checking code yet to come.

[/serious post]

Now hurry up and get it done so I can kill PB&J and JKap. And I can spec mavC haxing again. I miss that.

• Like 3

On the upside, all of the griefers and fools will lose track of the server when it's playing dead like this. Maybe they'll give up on it and make the world a better place.

I doubt it. Most of the people that grief the server are randoms that just hop from server to server wanting to get kicked.

but it would be a better place if that didn't happen.

*a person can only dream* :sleeping:

By my reading of the official mod topic it looks like it's almost there. A couple vars left and some tweaking to maxplayers is all that remains.

And plugins whose gamedata need to be updated, narrowing down plugins that crash the server, other extensions that the server uses...amongst other things.

Anybody else notice the coincidence between l4d getting an important update and lookback returning to l4d on the same day?

I don't believe this to be a coincidence.